Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seriously debating deleting my spotify app. Was listening to the Sunday wellness podcast, there was a segment discussing motherhood and the woman on it actually said "pregnant people". For a woman to say it is very sad, actually cancelling your own gender (n)

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
Seriously debating deleting my spotify app. Was listening to the Sunday wellness podcast, there was a segment discussing motherhood and the woman on it actually said "pregnant people". For a woman to say it is very sad, actually cancelling your own gender (n)
Totally agree , controversial but people can't argue gender. Yes transgender is different because they are identifying as a man or woman whereas people being offended over stuff that's a scientific fact that either a man or woman can do/has etc is ridiculous.

Reactions: 13
Seeing some influencers and their cooking 🤢🤢

Someone just made chilli con carne and literally bunged everything together into a pan. Onion, beef mince, chopped tomatoes and chilli mix

YOU NEED TO BROWN MINCE PEOPLE before you add other stuff to it.

Reactions: 12
Bad Manners
Loud chewing
People posing all the time......like the huge lineups around the block to take a photo in front of wings painted on a brick wall.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Putting veg such as beetroot in pastry and calling it a Wellington and pretending that it sounds delicious. Yuk. I’d rather just eat an actual wellington.

• Haha
  • Sick
I have a friend who decorates the whole house, Christmas style, for all occasions - valentines, Easter, birthdays etc - buying themed plates and mugs is the tip of the iceberg
Just quoting myself to update you as the valentines theme is in full swing over at her house. The front of the house is decorated, she’s done a Valentine’s Day treasure hunt for the kids and she’s already posted a photo collage of her and her husband on each Valentine’s Day since they met. And it’s not even valentines until tomorrow.

• Haha
  • Wow
When you get your haircut and the hairdresser puts your hair just slightly off your natural parting. For some reason I can’t bring myself to correct them when it’s just slightly off so I say it’s fine then it feels weird until I get home and can brush it to where it rightly belongs 😂😂

Reactions: 12
Upmost instead of utmost
It’s so wrong, it makes me almost as crazy as “would of” instead of the obviously correct “would have.”
I think a lot of those wrong words are due to people listening instead of reading. But then there’s the nearly-unforgivable “seen” used instead of “saw.” (“I seen that movie.”:sick: )

Reactions: 7
Crumbs in the bed! (Admittedly, they're my crumbs, but they're still annoying).

The supermarket carpark was full today, so I waited in my car across the road until I saw someone walking to their car with their groceries. At that point, I quickly drove over there and patiently waited, with my indicator on, for them to leave. No worries; they nodded and waved, reversed out - only for an old fart in a convertible to dart into the empty space faster than I could put my car into gear! I'm trying to be more relaxed about things so didn't challenge him, but I was really annoyed. Why do people do this sort of thing? It's not like he wouldn't have seen me.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Or a wet sleeve! Like When you wash your face with a jumper on and the water trickles down your arm- yukkkk!!

Reactions: 18
Me being an oaf who managed to get soap in my eye during the shower I decided to have in order to feel clean and relaxed... My eye hates me now 👏

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
The hair on the washing up sponge that feels gross and impossible to remove. Why there's always still one teaspoon when you've emptied the bowl though you've checked.
And that horrible feeling you get that you've left the cooker on when you're half way to work. You are sure you did but now you're not certain so you have to go back. It is off. So annoying.
Ditto the back door when you're all cosied up in bed.

Reactions: 11
I want a chicken big mac! We have one mcd near us and it always seem to be sold out but i don’t understand..

husband and I wanted it, they didnt have any left apparently so i got a mchicken sandwich and he got a big mac instead 🥴 it doesn’t make sense.

You have the chicken, you have the sauce…

Reactions: 2
The hair on the washing up sponge that feels gross and impossible to remove. Why there's always still one teaspoon when you've emptied the bowl though you've checked.
And that horrible feeling you get that you've left the cooker on when you're half way to work. You are sure you did but now you're not certain so you have to go back. It is off. So annoying.
Ditto the back door when you're all cosied up in bed.
I got that feeling halfway between York and Portsmouth on the train so couldn't really go back. I kept checking my phone googling how likely an oven left on would cause a fire and checking the news for reports of house fires :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1
I got that feeling halfway between York and Portsmouth on the train so couldn't really go back. I kept checking my phone googling how likely an oven left on would cause a fire and checking the news for reports of house fires :rolleyes:
I get the same feeling all the time - if I know I’m going to be out of the house for more than a few hours, I take a photo of the oven/my hair straighteners etc as I’m leaving to assure myself that everything is off

Reactions: 7
Currently on hold to a contact centre. Fairly good music but it keeps cutting out and I think it’s my turn 🤣 I’m all ready to start talking and the music starts up again. I hope I get someone nice eventually.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.