Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
omg I don’t pronounce the t’s in like water or butter

‘can I have a glass of wa-er’
‘I’ll bu-er the toast’
🤣 think it’s cos of my accent. Or cos I can’t speak properly. One of them 😂
I’ll let it go because it’s you ❤😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
People who zone in on one thing about themselves and mention it all the time.

People on the shorter side often LOVE to bring up how teeny tiny and cute they are. Quite often it’s people who aren’t even unusually short!!

Same with people who are young looking - constant references to it even out of context. I know someone who is in her early thirties (maybe a bit younger or older but about that age) she is very attractive, and seems very nice, but she always posts on social media ‘trying to make myself look older for this event’ or ‘do I look old enough to go to my child’s parents evening?’ I find it so tiresome!

• Sick
Reactions: 16

People on the shorter side often LOVE to bring up how teeny tiny and cute they are. Quite often it’s people who aren’t even unusually short!!

Same with people who are young looking - constant references to it even out of context. I know someone who is in her early thirties (maybe a bit younger or older but about that age) she is very attractive, and seems very nice, but she always posts on social media ‘trying to make myself look older for this event’ or ‘do I look old enough to go to my child’s parents evening?’ I find it so tiresome!
"Someone came to the door and asked for my parents. I'm 32 🤪".

Oh, piss off. 🥱🥱

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’m sure Zara website has been mentioned before it’s becoming unshoppable (not a word but hey ha)

like I’ve never once been shopping for a bag and though ooo I wonder if it’ll hold a cream cake?!

F48A383C-C7B1-422F-ABB4-3AE22E13ECB0.png

• Haha
Reactions: 11
🤣 Yes!!

Always with the sort of ‘punchline’ of telling people their age!

“Got asked for ID today. I’m 32.”
I still get asked for my ID when I buy alcohol every. single. time. :rolleyes: I haven’t met any sales assistant yet who believes me when I say I’m past that age already, thank you! And I’m nearly 35…

Oh does this annoy you too? Sorry :oops:☺

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I still get asked for my ID when I buy alcohol every. single. time. :rolleyes: I haven’t met any sales assistant yet who believes me when I say I’m past that age already, thank you! And I’m nearly 35…

Oh does this annoy you too? Sorry :oops:☺
Same 🤣 the young ones go 😳 when they see my birth year and I feel like a time-traveller from the days of yore. My tip is don’t hit the alcohol until your 30s 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
When beauticians put up cancellation appointments and say no swapping, I understand why they do it but to gain more business or make it fair, but at the same time it's annoying when you don't get the date or time you want then it comes available but already settled for something else and can't change it!

Reactions: 3
People who ask you for help, only for you to get there and all they want to do is have a sit down and a chat. I'm busy lady, either you want my help or not!

• Haha

Yes, if you scraped all that makeup off, you look plenty old enough. Mutton dreessed as lamb.

Reactions: 2
Wires, cables, etc. I just look at them and they tangle. duck them.

They are the bane of my life. I put them carefully go to the loo, come back and they are one lump.
When I vacuum I also knit a jumper with the wire. How do people keep them so neat and never get in a knotty pickle?

I am putting my new bedroom tv on the wall today the wires will hang very nicely and then as soon as my back is turned

1644563094588.png

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Companies who don't reply to emails or any social media. (they don't have a phone number before anyone asks)

Reactions: 9

I agree but also, I’m really short and if I don’t point it out and make a joke of it someone else will, it’s less embarrassing if you do it yourself!

Annoying slogans on clothes. I was browsing the sale rail in a local store, and I noticed a row of lovely looking dresses for my daughter. Wondering why such pretty dresses were in the sale, I took a closer look and realised they had "Planet Hero" printed all over the skirt part. 😖

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Primark and their trademark licensing on every single item. Harry Potter, Friends, Disney…etc etc.

I just want a top without a bleeping character on it! I’m a bloody adult not a tweenager!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I agree but also, I’m really short and if I don’t point it out and make a joke of it someone else will, it’s less embarrassing if you do it yourself!
Oh yes I know this. People pointing out how short you are. One day I ended up saying "Yes I was just thinking how much older you are looking today. I wasn't going to mention it but ....."

"Old & scraggy" but I'm not that mean! 😏

Reactions: 5
That’s a good point!

I just want to point out I didn’t meant my post harshly! People seem to have taken it the wrong way! I meant any example of zoning in on one detail!

I’m so short
I’m so your looking
I do ABC for a living
I’m an empath
I’m an Aquarius

Probably more a social media thing that a ‘little thing that annoys you immensely’

It’s only when people constantly post about it and talk about it out of context!

Looking young/being not average height is one of the many wonderful and unique things that make up a person ☺

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.