Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Buying 2 packs of what I thought was AAA batteries, thye were AA which I rarely use. (I'm visually impaired and sometimes it's hard to read certain packaging)
I did exactly the same and I'm not visually impaired. Easily done.

Reactions: 2
When I wash my hair and somehow manage to make it look greasier and generally worse than before I washed it!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
When I wash my hair and somehow manage to make it look greasier and generally worse than before I washed it!
I find that if I wait for ages before I dry it then that's when it happens or, even worse, if I keep it in a towel for too long

Reactions: 4
"Family" as a euphemism for having children. I've never wanted biological children and while I'm in the process of adoption now, the addition of a child will not magically create a "family" where there was none before

• Heart
Reactions: 11
"Family" as a euphemism for having children. I've never wanted biological children and while I'm in the process of adoption now, the addition of a child will not magically create a "family" where there was none before
Wishing you all the best with your adoption. Far more meaningful than popping out your own I think (and I have on). I totally agree with you. I also second the notion that 'family' isn't also just people you are biologically related to. I cannot bear my own sister and she is not my family, but my best friend is my sister as far as I'm concerned. Our relationship is more loving, meaningful and unconditional than anyone I share DNA with. Family is who you choose to call as such in my book.

Reactions: 7
Wishing you all the best with your adoption. Far more meaningful than popping out your own I think (and I have on). I totally agree with you. I also second the notion that 'family' isn't also just people you are biologically related to. I cannot bear my own sister and she is not my family, but my best friend is my sister as far as I'm concerned. Our relationship is more loving, meaningful and unconditional than anyone I share DNA with. Family is who you choose to call as such in my book.
Thank you so much! I've been very lucky to find a partner who agreed with me on this and I think you're quite right, chosen family can be as meaningful or more than blood family

• Heart
Reactions: 5
getting my young daughter dressed for school and getting her school tights on. Drives me mad!

Reactions: 4
People who don't indicate left when you're waiting to get out of a junction. Happend to me tonight , didn't indicate until he started turning corner! 😡then cars came in the other direction, if he indicated earlier I wouldn't have had to wait

Reactions: 12
Screenshot 2022-01-20 21.33.50.png

Leaving aside the debate about whether or not clothing brands could ever be truly sustainable... ZARA!? Really? Zara!?

Reactions: 1
Not having enough space when I’m trying to put something down. Really pisses me off.

“394 days until i become Mrs ...” - no one cares love.

Reactions: 10
People who come to meetings in work, uninformed and ill-prepared.

I have to our London office for a few weeks in a couple of months and I had to sit through some brexit voting IDIOT gleefully telling me that I need to make sure as an 'EU migrant worker' I need to get a visa through our UK office, I need a letter from my office, I can't "just stay in the UK forever" blah blah blah.

The problem with his rant? I'm Irish. My office that has to 'sort out a visa' is in Dublin. I couldn't get a word in edgeways to try and explain this, so at the end of his semi-racist rantings (he mentioned "EU migrants coming to the UK to steal benefits and now they can't do that no more") I had to say to him, "Whilst yes, I'm still an EU citizen, I don't need a visa to come to the UK. I don't need any permissions, I could come tomorrow if I wanted to. Look up the common travel area". I was tempted to make a joke out of Irish citizens being legally entitled to British benefits, but I resisted the temptation (also irish dole is way more than universal credit, you'd be a fool to do that lmao)

• Wow
Reactions: 5
When it's raining and your window wipers seem to slow on the first setting, but if you put them on the next setting they're too quick. There's no inbetween.

Reactions: 11
When you take antibiotics to make you better but they give you a whole other ailment to put up with 😩

Reactions: 6
When you take antibiotics to make you better but they give you a whole other ailment to put up with 😩
You should always take a probiotic with/after a course of antibiotics because they strip your gut of all their good bacteria in the process. You can buy a cheap course designed for dual/post antibiotic use. Optibac is one. You can take them with antibiotics but need to leave a good few hours between. So if you take your antibiotic in the morning, take your prebiotic mid afternoon/evening or vice versa.

Anyone else get really stressed with sound worms? I get songs stuck in my head all the time and mostly I haven't heard them for ages so am absolutely clueless to were it came from, or even worse I don't even know the words, so I am hearing the tune and haven't got a bloody clue what the song is! 🙉
I always have an earworm and they can last for years at a time, mostly its a week or two or they go for a few mths and then came back and push out the new earworm
Drives me mad when people say "and today's ear worm is" I so wish it was a different song every day.

Antibiotics made me really ill and gave me a leaky gut that almost killed me (well the medical profession did) always have to get gut health back to normal after taking those things not that Drs tell you this.

Reactions: 2
Thankyou for that, will pop out if I can muster the energy to get some probiotics. The chemist did suggest them but I stupidly said no because I thought I’d be fine 🙄

Reactions: 1
When you put on a pair of jeans you wore the previous day and there's a sock up the leg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I was called a crazy feminist by my partner's best friends today (they're a couple) because I said I wouldn't change my name if I got married.

Why does that have to be a feminist thing? I'm not even that much of a feminist tbh :ROFLMAO: I will admit that my name is a part of my identity and changing it just seems like changing a part of myself... but that's not necessarily to do with my gender. Also, from a practical point of view, it also seems like a load of hassle and paperwork lol.

Edit: I should mention that he didn’t go to grad school, I did. I’m not going to be Dr. His Name. I earned that tit.

Sorry, needed to rant 😅
I agree with you .I think it’s outdated and unnecessary.Oh and that’s coming from a sahm ,I live off my partners wages and do everything around the house .Definitely not a feminist over here

Total first world problem ,but it rivals packing your shopping at aldi .
when your grocery delivery driver is bringing the crates up to your doorstop and your frantically trying to get everything out of them and into your house as quickly as you can before they return with the next crate cos you don’t want them stood there like a lemon while you bend down and pick up every bloody individual item cos nothings bagged .Sweating and panting by the last load cos your so unfit .Crawling about on your porch floor after a tin of rogue beans and lobbing your loo roll up the stairs cos you’ve ran out of space .

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.