Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now on youtube when you hover over a video there's an annoying pop up asking if you want to play it later

Reactions: 1
Getting told off by posters for my poor grammar or spelling (not this site). Which is why I sometimes put "I am French" in brackets in my follow up posts. Am trying to learn good English but not always easy sometimes.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
People assuming I'm easy because of where I work.

People being pissed off that we are getting married in Gretna Green, just the 2 of us, no family or friends and they keep asking if they can come to our wedding. We decided to elope because we did't want to have to fork out a fortune for everyone to have dinner and we wanted the wedding to just be about us. We tackle everything together, just us two and that's how we want our wedding.

My fiancee leaving all the cups upstairs and waiting for me to bring them all down. Last time she left 10 different cups next to the bed and complained we didn't have anything to drink out of.

People Who Type Like This - capitalising each word drives me insane!!!

People who give me dirty looks because my 1 year old dog looks big and scary or act like hes going to eat them whole. He is a Bull Mastiff / Lurcher cross and people always give us a wide berth when we are out with him. Hes an absolute softy who would probably lick burglars to death if they broke in - he is the worst guard dog ever. He's still in the puppy stage where he gets excited easily if people come to our house so hes also been labelled as naughty by certain visitors but hes just happy to see them and then calms down and wants cuddles after 5 mins. Sorry for the essay on my dog!!! It just winds me up that people judge him on the way he looks.

Reactions: 4
Got takeaway fish and chips today
Noticed when I was waiting to collect dog underneath main menu saying ‘complimentary dip with every main meal’ then a list of sauces

I asked for tartare sauce when I collected and the lady serving said it was 50p, I say no it says complimentary and I’ve bought a meal? She says they’re 50p

Can’t be complimentary if you have to pay 🤯

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
When you put the duvet cover in the wash alongside other clothes & it eats up everything so you have to dig into the edges to retrieve said items of clothing

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Got takeaway fish and chips today
Noticed when I was waiting to collect dog underneath main menu saying ‘complimentary dip with every main meal’ then a list of sauces

I asked for tartare sauce when I collected and the lady serving said it was 50p, I say no it says complimentary and I’ve bought a meal? She says they’re 50p

Can’t be complimentary if you have to pay 🤯
I know it's a small thing, but these things really annoy me. Thieving bastards.

When someone takes a nice picture of you on their phone and then doesn’t sent it to you. You maybe ask once “could you send that to me?” Then they never do and you don’t want to seem super vain but you need pictures for your hinge profile…help a girl out here! So rude 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
When someone takes a nice picture of you on their phone and then doesn’t sent it to you. You maybe ask once “could you send that to me?” Then they never do and you don’t want to seem super vain but you need pictures for your hinge profile…help a girl out here! So rude 😂
Then you can guarantee they take a photo of you both together which you hate (of yourself) but they love so it's uploaded straight away 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
When you tell someone your mobile number, and they read it back to you in a different format to the one you are used to:

"My number is 07462-347-983"
"So that's 0-746-23479-83"
"Er, I think so".

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I have a huge front room and there's a radiator behind the door. There's all this wall space where it could have gone! It being behind a door is so unhelpful.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Having to shop in the petite section of clothes shops because you are under 5 foot, but then realising that shops seem to think because you are short, your whole body is tiny too and then make petite clothes stupidly small - some shops petite ranges don't even go up to a size 16/18 and if they do, they are the same waist size as a regular 12/14. I just want jeans that aren't miles too long in the leg and fit around my bum!!!

Reactions: 6
Having to shop in the petite section of clothes shops because you are under 5 foot, but then realising that shops seem to think because you are short, your whole body is tiny too and then make petite clothes stupidly small - some shops petite ranges don't even go up to a size 16/18 and if they do, they are the same waist size as a regular 12/14. I just want jeans that aren't miles too long in the leg and fit around my bum!!!
Do kids clothes fit? I'm about 5ft and have the same problem. So many trousers are too long.

When someone comes onto a thread and writes ‘I don’t usually come on this thread I’m usually on the ______ thread omg it’s a rollercoaster it’s so funny omg you should read the wiki’ wtf I’m not arsed about Katie Price’s or whoever’s thread 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Making a traybake following recipe online, says to use a medium size baking dish

erm okay what size is that?!

Reactions: 5
Oh ive just thought of another one that really grinds my gears, watching videos and the people start eating and making a noise or talking whilst eating , I think to myself youve got a whole day to film but you choose mealtimes to show the world whats in your mouth... vile

Reactions: 6
Isn't it annoying?! I'm 165cm tall which is about average. All of a sudden though, the sizing for dresses and pants seems to have been changed where it's now made for very tall people. I had to hem some trousers I bought the other day and ended up cutting 30cm off, and hemming 10cm ... of course it changed the look of the trousers so it was all a waste of time. I wish the same rule would apply to shirts and tops, which seem to have all shrunk.

- - -

I find the loud music in a lot of Netflix shows (the intro and ending, as well as throughout) really bloody annoying. Yes, I can turn it down, but then I have to turn it up again when the show starts. It seems to be especially bad in this series I'm re-watching ('Safe').

Reactions: 5
i dont understand why people are so nosy about others' lives but dont share anything about their own? i was texting someone the other day and it turned out that both of us had handed in our resignations at our jobs. i asked them where they are headed. they completely ignored my text and have asked me thrice where i am off to. none of this is supposed to be a secret but i dont get it, surely this is simple conversation etiquette?
Yes to this!! I’ve had the same thing before when myself and a colleague were both on maternity leave and texting and she asked me when I think I’ll go back to work, I was fully open about my plans, asked her twice about hers and twice she ignored me! What is that all about! It turned out she took a year off, I took 9 months and obviously she was worried I’d say something before she’d spoken to the company but I wouldn’t have!

When people write a Facebook status that says something along the lines of “does anyone know the number to the Chinese takeaway?” Or “what time does the pharmacy close?” You could easily google the info in the time it took you to post that 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I politely suggested a YTer might want to reconsider asking for likes every two minutes on their videos because it interrupts their message and they’ve mentioned it in their latest one 🙄 jeez, grow a thicker skin, it was only intended as constructive criticism. It’s so distracting, beggy and clearly isn’t working!

So people who beg for likes annoy me, and those on social media who take offence so easily.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.