Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When people write stuff on here like "oooo big sip of tea this afternoon" when someone comes to a thread with gossip. Makes me cringe.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
When people write stuff on here like "oooo big sip of tea this afternoon" when someone comes to a thread with gossip. Makes me cringe.
Yeah same I hate all the tea comments on here like " I've got some piping hot tea for you" (sorry I know this probably offends so many people 😬)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
When getting a takeaway on just eat and i fancy a milkshake with it,I just want simple vanilla flavour,but they have oreo,kit kat,Mars,twix,milky way,milky bar,smarties,aero,salted caramel,chocolate buttons,snickers,Maltesers,everything except vanilla.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
In a similar vein to people expecting you to share stuff but they won't reciprocate ...

People who keep hint-asking to come and see your house. Yet they never, ever, invite you to theirs. What's that about?

Reactions: 8
Yeah same I hate all the tea comments on here like " I've got some piping hot tea for you" (sorry I know this probably offends so many people 😬)
Yes, I have the same reaction whenever I hear people using such language.

It comes from African American women and it always bothered me when people try to use their language and act like them.

Reactions: 3
People that “reply all” when there is really no need.

Reactions: 12
A woman I have on Facebook is very open about the filler she gets and she's had that cat eye treatment.
It's obvious she's in her late 30's / early 40's and she has a young boyfriend (around 28ish) her age isn't disclosed online

Anyway she's just wrote a post saying she's never had Botox when it's sooooooooo obvious she has?! 😂
You can tell a mile off, if she's so open about the rest of the treatments why lie?

Idk why but it's just annoyed me haha

Reactions: 4
Adverts on Facebook for large, usually crappy condition furniture or appliances that say "Needs to be gone today". Totally unreasonable and ridiculous.

I take a grim satisfaction from seeing the increasingly frantic ads in the following days basically begging someone to take the piece of crap.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
In a similar vein to people expecting you to share stuff but they won't reciprocate ...

People who keep hint-asking to come and see your house. Yet they never, ever, invite you to theirs. What's that about?
This. Who invites themselves anyway? So rude. Do one.
I get it often. I always swerve it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ok right this is such a niche thing but I used to live near near one of these and for some reason it makes me roll my eyes every time I drive past. So the “beefeater” chain of pub/resturants had a rebrand a few years ago - the name “beefeater” was referring to the type of guards outside the palace (the ones who wear those fancy red suits). Now they have just changed it to a picture of a cow. So the name beef eater now literally just means…. Eating beef 😂 like why did they have to dumb it down, did people not understand what a beefeater was.

Also when packs of sweets have lemon/lime/orange flavours in them, does anyone even like these flavours? I swear there’s always more than the red/purple ones too! Same goes to tins or chocolate - quality street especially. One of their chocolates Is just a square of chocolate in a wrapper… if I wanted plain chocolate I’d get a dairy milk.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Anyone else get really stressed with sound worms? I get songs stuck in my head all the time and mostly I haven't heard them for ages so am absolutely clueless to were it came from, or even worse I don't even know the words, so I am hearing the tune and haven't got a bloody clue what the song is! 🙉

Anyone else get really stressed with sound worms? I get songs stuck in my head all the time and mostly I haven't heard them for ages so am absolutely clueless to were it came from, or even worse I don't even know the words, so I am hearing the tune and haven't got a bloody clue what the song is! 🙉
Yes! I hate them when I'm trying to sleep. I'd honestly rather listen to my own thoughts 😂

Reactions: 2
Yes, I have the same reaction whenever I hear people using such language.

It comes from African American women and it always bothered me when people try to use their language and act like them.
Oh wow really I didn't know that , never heard the phrase until this site

People that “reply all” when there is really no need.
When I receive group/team emails at work and its something you may want to ask questions on there's always "do not reply all" in bold 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Ok right this is such a niche thing but I used to live near near one of these and for some reason it makes me roll my eyes every time I drive past. So the “beefeater” chain of pub/resturants had a rebrand a few years ago - the name “beefeater” was referring to the type of guards outside the palace (the ones who wear those fancy red suits). Now they have just changed it to a picture of a cow. So the name beef eater now literally just means…. Eating beef 😂 like why did they have to dumb it down, did people not understand what a beefeater was.

Also when packs of sweets have lemon/lime/orange flavours in them, does anyone even like these flavours? I swear there’s always more than the red/purple ones too! Same goes to tins or chocolate - quality street especially. One of their chocolates Is just a square of chocolate in a wrapper… if I wanted plain chocolate I’d get a dairy milk.
Absolutely cannot stand the orange ones, they go in the bin. And there is always more of them. Joke!

Reactions: 2
When you buy a lovely top then realise it’s a bastard to iron. End up hardly wearing it (hate ironing).

Reactions: 8
When you buy a lovely top then realise it’s a bastard to iron. End up hardly wearing it (hate ironing).
Same! Sometimes now I tend to leave it in the bag for a day then take it out and inspect, if it looks good enough to wear straight out it’s passed the test, if it looks like it’s been crumbled at bottom of laundry basket for a year (after just sitting in a bag for a day) it’s failed and goes back to the shop 🤣

Same! Sometimes now I tend to leave it in the bag for a day then take it out and inspect, if it looks good enough to wear straight out it’s passed the test, if it looks like it’s been crumbled at bottom of laundry basket for a year (after just sitting in a bag for a day) it’s failed and goes back to the shop 🤣
That’s a good test!

Reactions: 3
That’s a good test!
It’s worked well (mainly cos I’m lazy and can’t be bothered to iron all the time ha plus I think about how it’s going to wear if I’m sat in car/restaurant etc don’t want to go to effort of ironing if it looks terrible after merely sitting wearing it
Sooo many times I’ve taken things back to shops and they look so badly creased and I’m having to insist they’ve literally just been sat in bag 🥴

all clothes should be non iron in my opinion 🤣

Buying 2 packs of what I thought was AAA batteries, thye were AA which I rarely use. (I'm visually impaired and sometimes it's hard to read certain packaging)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.