Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has he been coveting one?
Yes he was the one that mentioned about getting one in the first place! I think the most I’ve responded is ‘hmmm’

ha

not sure how to play it- thinking maybe I’ll try and get to postman first when it gets delivered so I can say ‘oh I didn’t realise you’d bought yourself the coffee machine?!’

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hate that I’m almost sounding ungrateful here but my partner mentioned a few months ago about getting a coffee machine
I wasn’t fussed either way I use our Nespresso machine and quite like it
My birthday next week and I’ve accidentally seen he’s ordered a coffee machine… a £600 one
I’m so annoyed that he’s spent that much money and secondly on a ‘present’ for me which isn’t even something i asked for/wanted?!
I had, for my birthday (apparently), some new wheels for my car. I’d never expressed any desire for new wheels and they were a pain to keep clean!

Reactions: 5
I’m sick of getting emails asking me if I want to opt out of receiving promotional emails about Valentines Day. Are people really getting triggered over Valentines Day? I understand mothers/Fathers day if you’ve just lost a parent but Valentines Day?

• Haha
Doing a search on FB to find a post that you wrote 13 years...and as a now 41 year old, realise that I was in my 20's (albeit late 20s) when I wrote it :oops:

Goes along the lines of...

'(Insert name) is tryna find out wot X factor contestant will win.'

Find that delete button NOW! The very thought that somebody else has seen this post sends shivers down my spine!

In fact FB should automatically archive ALL material from, say, 5 years ago.

In addition, I wrote a comment to a business about a problem I was having and if they can PM me. Next minute I get my friends messaging me asking what the problem was.
Why can't I write a comment on a business page without all my friends seeing?! Pisses me off!
Oh my goodness yes! All my posts from 11/12 years ago are to do with X factor or “feeling tired tonight going to go to bed with a cup of tea me thinks” 🤮 I use to wonder why people unfriended me, now I judge those who didn’t.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m sick of getting emails asking me if I want to opt out of receiving promotional emails about Valentines Day. Are people really getting triggered over Valentines Day? I understand mothers/Fathers day if you’ve just lost a parent but Valentines Day?
I wouldn’t necessarily say is because it’s triggering (although if it’s a first Vday without a long term romantic partner it might make people upset)

I think it’s more to stop people complaining about being bombarded with emails they don’t want. So when a person inevitably writes to the company to complain they can turn round and say we have you the option it’s not our fault kind of thing. Because we live in a world where people complain about everything and anything.

Reactions: 1
Sheridan Smith in every bloody programme at the moment 🤬
I’m watching The Teacher on channel 5. All she does is pant and sigh and huff all the way through. The programs good, she’s just off putting panting in every scene!

Reactions: 4
When people miss letters out of words - a guy in the supermarket this morning said “can we get some pro-een bars” and it makes my skin crawl

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Why Amazon doesn't have "Knocked at the door and lobbed it at the doorstep" for feedback. Not criticizing the drivers here, I know they're really pushed for time. Just none of the so called compliments really apply.

• Haha
People who decanter their washing detergent into glass bottles or tabs into glass containers for ‘AeStETic’ reasons.

Do one you losers

• Haha
Reactions: 24
The new Samsung update... it's ruined everything I liked and made two hours of colour coding shifts and appointments in my calander pointless.

Reactions: 2
That most of Heinz tins aren’t stackable. Absolutely infuriating. “Oooh, look at me, I’m not a regular tin, I’m a Heinz tin” 😤 Did my head in when I worked in retail and does my head in when I go in my cupboard and have to play tin Jenga. Need to make a mental note to boycott.

Reactions: 5
Viewing previous comments on Facebook and only seeing a few at a time, when there’s like 200 of them and you have to keep clicking on “view previous comments“. Why isn’t there an option to view them from the first one?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Companies that don't respond to enquiries. I ordered something online almost three weeks ago, it hasn't arrived and is saying that the courier has received it and has said that since it was dispatched. I've emailed the company i ordered from and the company that apparently has the item and nothing. Website says two weeks for delivery and I can't call either company because it's Chinese phone numbers.

When people miss letters out of words - a guy in the supermarket this morning said “can we get some pro-een bars” and it makes my skin crawl
omg I don’t pronounce the t’s in like water or butter

‘can I have a glass of wa-er’
‘I’ll bu-er the toast’
🤣 think it’s cos of my accent. Or cos I can’t speak properly. One of them 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.