Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When people post their kids in the nude on social media šŸ¤Æ just seen someone I know on Facebook do this šŸ˜© two little girls. There is no need FFS keep those in the family photo album (if you must). I hardly even know this girl, someone I used to work with, I think people just lose all sense of themselves on social media sometimes. Those photos are there to stay and these kids will be teens and adults in no time. Imagine the moment you find out your whole life including naked pictures of you were plastered all over the internet šŸ˜° thatā€™s what those kids are dealing with. So glad I grew up in the 80s when my folks hardly ever even took a photo of me never mind posting them on the inter webs for all and sundry to see šŸ˜

• Wow
Reactions: 11
When you visit a website and accept the cookies, only for more banners to pop up ... not just 'showcases' but prompts to sign up to their newsletter (among other things), and/or a little box in the bottom right hand corner with a video ... and then when you get rid of all that stuff, the HUGE banner from the top keeps expanding so you can't see what you're trying to read ... ugh!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Ah there are too many to name but because I was at work yesterday one thing always drives me irrationally mad.
When companies trying to be cool ( ? I donā€™t even know ) and write on their products or tags instructions as in they are saying that about themselves.
Like ā€œ Please wash me in cold water onlyā€
ā€œTake care of me and I wonā€™t snag I promiseā€
ā€œIā€™m delicious even if eaten coldā€
ā€œIf you remove this tag you canā€™t return me, Iā€™m yours foreverā€
Like why? I hate it so much!!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Doing a search on FB to find a post that you wrote 13 years...and as a now 41 year old, realise that I was in my 20's (albeit late 20s) when I wrote it :oops:

Goes along the lines of...

'(Insert name) is tryna find out wot X factor contestant will win.'

Find that delete button NOW! The very thought that somebody else has seen this post sends shivers down my spine!

In fact FB should automatically archive ALL material from, say, 5 years ago.

In addition, I wrote a comment to a business about a problem I was having and if they can PM me. Next minute I get my friends messaging me asking what the problem was.
Why can't I write a comment on a business page without all my friends seeing?! Pisses me off!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Doing a search on FB to find a post that you wrote 13 years...and as a now 41 year old, realise that I was in my 20's (albeit late 20s) when I wrote it :oops:

Goes along the lines of...

'(Insert name) is tryna find out wot X factor contestant will win.'

Find that delete button NOW! The very thought that somebody else has seen this post sends shivers down my spine!

In fact FB should automatically archive ALL material from, say, 5 years ago.

In addition, I wrote a comment to a business about a problem I was having and if they can PM me. Next minute I get my friends messaging me asking what the problem was.
Why can't I write a comment on a business page without all my friends seeing?! Pisses me off!
Mine comes up in "memories" sometimes it's horribly cringey seeing what I was getting up to on facebook when I was 19/early 20s. No wonder so many people ghosted me :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I love cocker spaniels, but when they run over and instantly jump all over you šŸ˜© itā€™s always the cockers! Little maniacs. Had to wash my coat when I got home.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Burger King - it has just gone awful. It's going on my blacklist.
I agree...I used to prefer their chargrilled burgers and crunchy fries but that's a thing of the past.

Mine comes up in "memories" sometimes it's horribly cringey seeing what I was getting up to on facebook when I was 19/early 20s. No wonder so many people ghosted me :ROFLMAO:
It literally reminds you of all the embarrassing things from life and jumps out at you when you least expect it.
People should not be allowed to post pictures of other people full stop without prior approval!
I don't just want a tag removing...I want my face removing!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Burger King - it has just gone awful. It's going on my blacklist.
I've not had burger king for a couple of years but always preferred it to McDonalds. What always put me off about Burger King though was I always had to wait ages to get served whichever one I went to

Reactions: 1
I've not had burger king for a couple of years but always preferred it to McDonalds. What always put me off about Burger King though was I always had to wait ages to get served whichever one I went to
The one I went to the other day was dead which probably should have been a warning sign lol. But yeah generally they never seem in any sort of rush.

Reactions: 3
What has happened to Pizza Hut? I gave up trying to order a pizza it was all what you couldn't have, but not about what you could

Yeah pizza hut has gone down hill. I went the other week , tbh I still enjoyed the pizza that was nice but the actual atmosphere of the restaurant was like a supermarket cafe and it was cold. It wasn't too busy so wasn't the noise of kids or anything and I'm not expecting High end restaurant experience but still don't think I'll be in a rush to go back unless maybe take away

Reactions: 2
Yeah pizza hut has gone down hill. I went the other week , tbh I still enjoyed the pizza that was nice but the actual atmosphere of the restaurant was like a supermarket cafe and it was cold. It wasn't too busy so wasn't the noise of kids or anything and I'm not expecting High end restaurant experience but still don't think I'll be in a rush to go back unless maybe take away
I went in to order a takeaway but gave up, have been fancying pizza for months

I went in to order a takeaway but gave up, have been fancying pizza for months
We hadn't had a takeaway pizza for ages. Until last week, we decided to order a Dominoes....šŸ¤®
What is that tit?! The pizza was as grim as duck. Even my teenage daughter couldn't eat it.
Safe to say, I won't be ordering one again.

Our dine in Pizza Hut closed for maintenance probably about two years ago now(or during the very first lockdown) and never reopened. But even in prior to covid youā€™d rarely see anyone in there. Even on a Saturday afternoon it was dead, I got dragged once by people I was eating out with (not my choice I suggested we wait an hour till a local independent Italian opened. It wouldā€™ve worked out cheeper and been much nicer but apparently flat coke and dodgy salad bars were what people wanted šŸ™„šŸ™„).
There was us and probably two/three other tables and they still managed to take far too long and burn part of the order (in fairness they did replace the burnt food for free). All in all it was just disappointing and nothing like the Pizza Hut I used to visit as a child.

Trying to buy train tickets this morning - entered destination and then it asked me to enter something else. Apparently I was meant to enter where I'm leaving from and going to.

And then it finally told me that it doesn't accept cards

• Sad
Hate that Iā€™m almost sounding ungrateful here but my partner mentioned a few months ago about getting a coffee machine
I wasnā€™t fussed either way I use our Nespresso machine and quite like it
My birthday next week and Iā€™ve accidentally seen heā€™s ordered a coffee machineā€¦ a Ā£600 one
Iā€™m so annoyed that heā€™s spent that much money and secondly on a ā€˜presentā€™ for me which isnā€™t even something i asked for/wanted?!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Hate that Iā€™m almost sounding ungrateful here but my partner mentioned a few months ago about getting a coffee machine
I wasnā€™t fussed either way I use our Nespresso machine and quite like it
My birthday next week and Iā€™ve accidentally seen heā€™s ordered a coffee machineā€¦ a Ā£600 one
Iā€™m so annoyed that heā€™s spent that much money and secondly on a ā€˜presentā€™ for me which isnā€™t even something i asked for/wanted?!
Has he been coveting one?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.