Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for the replies everyone they are really helpful to read. I have been thinking about getting a dashcam and i think i will do that. Its nice for me to know its not just me who experiences these awful people on the roads but obviously i hate for other people to have to have it happen to them. Thanks again for the replies its a big help to calm my tailgater anxiety 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thank you for the replies everyone they are really helpful to read. I have been thinking about getting a dashcam and i think i will do that. Its nice for me to know its not just me who experiences these awful people on the roads but obviously i hate for other people to have to have it happen to them. Thanks again for the replies its a big help to calm my tailgater anxiety 🙂
And always lock your door, I once had someone try to open my passenger door and take my handbag off the seat whilst stood in traffic. I even lock them when I've come out of the shop and sat rifling through my handbag for 5 min (like you do) No shame in looking after your own safety ❤

• Wow
Reactions: 10
When you text the Yodel man to ask him to leave your parcel in the back garden and he says "will do" then the tracking updates and he's left it at your neighbours 😫 They never answer the bloody door hence why i asked for it to be left elsewhere!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Locking your doors is really important!

Once I came back from a walk and noticed a guy who was looking into my car. I walked slowly near him and stood next to him for 2 min before he noticed me. He quickly walked away but waited on the other side of the sidewalk. When I opened the door, I locked it straight away and thank God I did that because he started walking towards my car again.

People are nuts out there! Some have absolutely nothing to lose and wouldn't mind hurting someone else just for the sake of it. Since this experience I don’t care about coming off as aggressive when my instinct tells me that a man is "off".

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Own stupidity annoyance:

The local supermarket sell these little candles in glass jars. They are about the size of tealight candles and they cost about 40p. I reuse the jars later to make my own. I bought a few today and lit one in the kitchen. Turns out it is a vapour candle. Like Vicks vaporub. In a candle. Yes I may well be breathing better but my eyes are currently melting out of my face.

Note to self - check which candles you are buying in future!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Looking at Amazon Q and As to find an answer to my question. So many pretty much saying they don't know. Urgh!

Reactions: 8
When a thread has been bumped from ages ago and it starts you off on page 1

Reactions: 14
Toenails. What’s the bloody point of them? It’s another part of the body to trim or smooth, FFS.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Whiskers that grow out your chin that are dead hard to pull out
These are amazing!
1643925682131.png

I mainly use mine for chin hairs; now and again I'll use my tweezers too (I bought some with a light on them which really help to find those little fuckers - the stubby blonde ones are the worst!).

HELP 🙋‍♀️
Tailgating or basically bullying on the roads. Ive had some awful encounters with this. Also a few years back one of them actually smashed into the back of my car which has made me even more anxious.
FGS im already speeding get off my tail im doing my best! Stop the aggression! Normally men (sorry) i could understand if i was driving too slow but im definitely not. Im a polite, courteous driver, always make sure im in the right lane, do the speed limit (+10% i know i shouldnt speed).
Im really struggling with this its almost made me give up driving to work etc and get the bus instead but i dont want to let them win. Has anybody got any advice to deal with this? I honestly feel sick and nervous everytime it happens. I lock my car whilst im driving in it cause im scared.
If it helps, I feel like this too ... as do I'm sure lots of other people.

I second the dashcam suggestion - even if you just pop a dummy one in your front window, and a sticker on the back saying 'dashboard camera in operation' - that'll make them back off. I also have a 'Dogs on board' sticker which seems to help keep people at a good distance; a 'Baby on Board' sticker would probably do the same thing.

Not sure if anyone has posted this before but the fact that we have 5 working days and only 2 days of rest on the weekend 😭 2 days aren’t even enough to recharge mentally and physically! 😂
Somewhere I worked for a brief period was trialing four day working weeks (10 hours each day), with Friday-Saturday-Sunday off to recharge. It seemed like a great idea and was well received! I don't know if they're still doing it. I have a friend who doesn't work Wednesdays (works 10 hours M-T and T-F) which would be quite neat (providing you could get a decent break on your day off - you weren't expected to be on call or use it to catch up on stuff).

----------------------------

For anyone who's interested in my long-running dishwasher saga:

The old one was taken away yesterday and the new one (secondhand) was installed. The nice repairman offered to take it away for me - which I gratefully accepted, thinking it would be easier than having to stuff around with listing it on Marketplace for spare parts and being mucked about by people (as is often the case).

Anyhoo, he called me this morning to say he found the cause of the issues ... it seems we have had, at some point, a little mouse eat through some of the cables right at the back underneath ... so far back that it's not normally where they'd check for faults. We've had that dishwasher for years, and renovated our kitchen about four years ago, during which time we found a few carcasses (sounds gross I know, but we live in the country and previously our kitchen had a few portals for the mice to come in through). He suggested that the dishwasher was holding on but as a result of being moved when we had him in last time, it probably put further pressure on what was already holding on for dear life, causing it to break.

The new (secondhand) one is fabulous ... we are very happy!

----------------------------

Annoying things: On behalf of my friend - but this annoys me too - when you loan things to people and they return them in subpar condition ... dirty vacuum cleaners / carpet shampoo machines, damaged or soiled clothing ...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Horrible chavs! My dog is old and walks very slow, some horror just stormed past him with her hood up and said “dat dog needz da vets” in a horrible tone. I was fuming. It’s only 8am, keep your misery to yourself. I shouted “well, that’s lovely! No need for the attitude” (wish I’d said so do you!!) and she turned around scowling but still walking. I live in a sketchy neighbourhood and hate confrontation. Probably going back to bed, the bum.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
For anyone who's interested in my long-running dishwasher saga:

The old one was taken away yesterday and the new one (secondhand) was installed. The nice repairman offered to take it away for me - which I gratefully accepted, thinking it would be easier than having to stuff around with listing it on Marketplace for spare parts and being mucked about by people (as is often the case).

Anyhoo, he called me this morning to say he found the cause of the issues ... it seems we have had, at some point, a little mouse eat through some of the cables right at the back underneath ... so far back that it's not normally where they'd check for faults. We've had that dishwasher for years, and renovated our kitchen about four years ago, during which time we found a few carcasses (sounds gross I know, but we live in the country and previously our kitchen had a few portals for the mice to come in through). He suggested that the dishwasher was holding on but as a result of being moved when we had him in last time, it probably put further pressure on what was already holding on for dear life, causing it to break.

The new (secondhand) one is fabulous ... we are very happy!
It's a very odd one isn't it, I would never have suspected my plug socket was the cause of mine as it worked, but just didn't work properly. You think if the electricity was at fault then it just would not work at all. Mine works perfectly in another socket. I always fix my own appliances and if I had not found out about the socket in my case, I would have just put it down as one of those things. But at least now a few people here including us will look at that as a possablity for the future.

Glad your replacement is a good one. I loved my son's old dishwasher. it had a pull-out drawer for cutlery at the very top of the machine, rather than the basket.. life-changing!

Reactions: 1
People posting photos of their new tattoos is bad enough but why on earth don't they wait for the skin to settle before they take the photo?? red, angry skin is not a good look.

Reactions: 5
When a Teams meeting is scheduled for 10am and someone starts it at 9.56am.

I am that person who will not join until the time it’s supposed to be. Don’t fancy sitting there trying to make idle chit chat waiting for everyone to join thanks 😂

When a Teams meeting is scheduled for 10am and someone starts it at 9.56am.

I am that person who will not join until the time it’s supposed to be. Don’t fancy sitting there trying to make idle chit chat waiting for everyone to join thanks 😂
Someone I work with loves being the first one to start a meeting 3 or 4 minutes early because then she can make passive aggressive ‘jokes’ about how she’s been waiting 😡

Reactions: 6
When someone posts two posts and they join up. One post is excellent and you fully agree, the other is rubbish. How are you supposed to react to that? I don't want people thinking I loved that crappy opinion so have to remove my heart reaction.

maybe this should be in the petty thread 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.