Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The need to pee in the middle of the night when I'm nice and comfy in my bed and having a fab dream!

I try to put it off, but the more I do so the more my bladder says "Not a chance!" So I go to the loo, get back into bed but I can never find the same sweet spot, and neither can I return to that fab dream again

Reactions: 7
Being restricted on facebook over literally nothing. Someone reported me for saying 'believing the pandemic doesn't make me a sheep, blindly following conspiracies with 0 backing does'

How tf does that warrant a restriction? I give up with FB what a trash ass website.

Listening to more than one noise at a time. When my partner is watching stuff on his phone, while I’m watching tv and it blasts out random tit every 2 seconds drives me up the wall! Use your bloody headphones!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Reading a thread on tattle, when someone quotes another post from pages back, but the post doesn't mention who they're talking about ! :mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 3
I hate when you're on a gossip about an influencer/celeb thread and you say something with a hint of positivity about the person who it's about you get told to 'go to the rave thread!'
and when you defend someone for a specific thing or offer a different opinion and they say "hey *insert persons name"

Reactions: 5
This question from my yr3 child’s maths work today:

“Dora and Eva are planting bulbs
They have 76 bulbs altogether
Dora plants her bulbs in rows of 8 and has 4 left over
Eva plants her bulbs in rows of 10 and has 2 left over

How many bulbs do they each have?”

I mean I don’t bleeping know? Why can’t Dora and Eva count their own bloody bulbs.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This maths question from my yr3 child’s maths work today:

I mean I don’t bleeping know? Why can’t Dora and Eva count their own bloody bulbs.
Fucked if I know either. Might have to Google :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'm getting married in 2022 and starting to look for my dress ... I HATE strapless wedding dresses with a blazing passion. They've stayed "in fashion" and "the standard" because designers love them, they are easy and cheap to make without having to make adjustments for sleeves and so on. I think they are hideous and come with the problem that they may make you look naked in photos! I also hate the rhetoric that "everyone suits a strapless dress!", "sleeves make your arms look fat!" "it will stay up if it's tailored perfectly!" Go away. Leave me alone. I will not wear one, and you can't make me.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm getting married in 2022 and starting to look for my dress ... I HATE strapless wedding dresses with a blazing passion. They've stayed "in fashion" and "the standard" because designers love them, they are easy and cheap to make without having to make adjustments for sleeves and so on. I think they are hideous and come with the problem that they may make you look naked in photos! I also hate the rhetoric that "everyone suits a strapless dress!", "sleeves make your arms look fat!" "it will stay up if it's tailored perfectly!" Go away. Leave me alone. I will not wear one, and you can't make me.
I hate them too, especially on fuller figured women as they always bulge over the top. They look tacky and inelegant. I hadn’t clicked on that they are easier to make and that is why designers continue to push them but I think you’re right!

Reactions: 9
I had a strapless wedding dress 11 years ago but I love different necklines. There’s so many lovely styles around these days. I felt pressure about loads of things around my wedding though and it’s infuriating. Everyone has an opinion. So much stress for one day of your life that to be honest I don’t think about much now. Albeit it was a nice day 🤷🏻‍♀️

I had a strapless wedding dress 11 years ago but I love different necklines. There’s so many lovely styles around these days. I felt pressure about loads of things around my wedding though and it’s infuriating. Everyone has an opinion. So much stress for one day of your life that to be honest I don’t think about much now. Albeit it was a nice day 🤷🏻‍♀️
I have nothing against people liking them - I'm sure you looked lovely! They're just not for me. I don't believe for a minute when people say "it'll stay up if it's perfectly tailored"; this is assuming I wouldn't lose or gain any weight before the day, that I won't sweat, or flush, etc. I tried wearing a strapless party dress for an event not too long ago and it was a nightmare, I can't be having with that on my wedding day (also my fiancé is kind of a troll, if I were caught pulling my dress up on the video I guarantee he'd tease me LOL)

This question from my yr3 child’s maths work today:

year 3?! Either I am really thick or that is really hard!!!

• Wow
What annoys me is when on here - when vloggers/influencers etc do those questions on SM asking people to ask them questions, and people on here screenshot a question what they would like to ask but dont. Just bloody ask!

I posted it to some friends in a group chat and it ended up in this huge discussion over what the answer was. Don’t think anyone got it right🤣

In the end we skipped it.
I have A levels in Economics, Computer Science and English Lit. Have 2:1 honours degree in BSc Computer Science, have certifications with HP, Symantec and Microsoft... and can strip and rebuild a PC or Server in just a few hours..... and yet I still can't figure this question!

Can' t Eva and Dora move into a block of flats and just have some daffodils? :)

• Haha
year 3?! Either I am really thick or that is really hard!!!
Dora has 40 and Eva has 30.

There's 6 bulbs left over, so take that from 76, that leaves 70 bulbs.

Eva's has to be divisible by ten, so that means Dora's does too - 40 is the only number under 70 divisible by both 8 and 10 so she has to have that amount, leaving the 30 for Eva.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Dora has 40 and Eva has 30.

There's 6 bulbs left over, so take that from 76, that leaves 70 bulbs.

Eva's has to be divisible by ten, so that means Dora's does too - 40 is the only number under 70 divisible by both 8 and 10 so she has to have that amount, leaving the 30 for Eva.
so I am just thick then? Cool

• Haha
Haha no! I've been helping my husband out with a maths test this afternoon so I think my brain must have been in the right mood to solve it. :)
It's fine I will openly admit I am as thick as pig tit when it comes to maths and numbers:ROFLMAO: I'm okay with it, I've accepted my fate 😂 It's quite funny as I'm a language student and I can't do numbers in that either! I speak 7 languages and I can only get up to around 20 and then it goes to tit. I struggle in English! Sometimes I miss out a whole row and will jump from 39 to 50. I'm convinced I have dyscalculia 😂

• Haha
Well I'm convinced Dora and Eva should shove their bulbs where the sun doesn't shine and go down the pub and have a few Breezers :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.