Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who try to freak you out on internet forums by minge subliminally inserting rude words into their posts and hoping you don't notice.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
When a recipe says it’s vegetarian but there’s fish or feckin Parmesan cheese in it 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 2
They have already been mentioned before, but those new fangled e scooters are a menace to society. Or rather the baffoons that hire them are menaces, they have absolutely no road sense. At least there is one good thing about them, they are taking the flack which is usually reserved for cyclists!

Reactions: 4
People who leave reviews on Amazon with “ it’s a gift haven’t opened it” like why are you leaving a review?!

Going to the disabled toilet and it’s also a changing area but nappies just get left lying around when there’s a bin next to it??

People who yank their children away and tell them off for asking me what’s wrong with my legs (I’m a wheelchair user) .. I don’t mind being asked, in fact one little girl asked me if I was a mermaid because my legs don’t work on land yet 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 14
People who leave reviews on Amazon with “ it’s a gift haven’t opened it” like why are you leaving a review?!

Going to the disabled toilet and it’s also a changing area but nappies just get left lying around when there’s a bin next to it??

People who yank their children away and tell them off for asking me what’s wrong with my legs (I’m a wheelchair user) .. I don’t mind being asked, in fact one little girl asked me if I was a mermaid because my legs don’t work on land yet 🥰
I saw a review the other day saying "it's out of stock so I can't rate it" why are you writing a review then if you didn't even buy it?!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Washing up gloves that don’t fit. I’ve got very small but also very fat hands. Apart from them slipping off and sending plates flying, I also often end up with a glove full of either super hot water or greasy water urgh

Another thing that annoys me, and which is absolutely pointless getting annoyed about, is the fact that my friend eats hot cross buns whole (unsliced) and unbuttered. She just bites straight into the bun.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
The way my partner constantly tries to ‘improve’ everything. Yesterday I made tomato soup, he doesn’t even eat tomato soup and yet he was commenting about how I could put some sour cream in it to make it better or something. Thing is he’s like a dog with a bone and just goes on about it. It’s fine as it is thanks and we don’t even have any cream so.... just shut up.

It’s generally well intentioned but my god, not everything needs your input or criticism. Especially things you know f-all about. It comes across like he thinks what ever it is isn’t good enough to begin with rather than him wanting to be helpful.

Oh that’s another thing that irritates me, he starts ‘helping’ me with things without asking. I never asked for your input, it’s not helping if I don’t actually want your help, this is mainly when I’m playing PS4 and he will randomly start offering ‘suggestions’ when I’m perfectly capable of figuring it out myself. Even worse if it’s a game he’s never even played🤯

Last edited:
  • Angry
The way my partner constantly tries to ‘improve’ everything. Yesterday I made tomato soup, he doesn’t even eat tomato soup and yet he was commenting about how I could put some sour cream in it to make it better or something. Thing is he’s like a dog with a bone and just goes on about it. It’s fine as it is thanks and we don’t even have any cream so.... just shut up.

It’s generally well intentioned but my god, not everything needs your input or criticism. Especially things you know f-all about. It comes across like he thinks what ever it is isn’t good enough to begin with rather than him wanting to be helpful.

Oh that’s another thing that irritates me, he starts ‘helping’ me with things without asking. I never asked for your input, it’s not helping if I don’t actually want your help, this is mainly when I’m playing PS4 and he will randomly start offering ‘suggestions’ when I’m perfectly capable of figuring it out myself. Even worse if it’s a game he’s never even played🤯
oh god he's mansplaining!! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5

I hear you! Mine doesn't do this per se, but he's the king of stating the bleeding obvious!!!!

Reactions: 3
People, particularly influencers that use the following words
Dead/I'm Dead/Dying
Literally
Legit
Nah
Crying
Mugged off

All of the above I found from 1 'influencers' story 🤬

I am sure you are sharing my husband. :ROFLMAO: My annoying "helping me" thing is when I am pulling the ring pull off a can, with the tool he bought, I can see him itching to take it from me and do it. We have had the damn thing about 10 years.

• Haha
Use of the word "vulnerable", it seems to apply to such a massive swathe of the population it's become meaningless.

Reactions: 10
Use of the word "vulnerable", it seems to apply to such a massive swathe of the population it's become meaningless.
unpopular here but mental health is another one. I feel like some people actually only care about mental health when they can use it to suit an agenda. Most people didn't give a tit about it but then lockdown came along and all of sudden there's concern for mental health. Where was your concern before? You were calling us selfish and telling us to get over it a few months ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
unpopular here but mental health is another one. I feel like some people actually only care about mental health when they can use it to suit an agenda. Most people didn't give a tit about it but then lockdown came along and all of sudden there's concern for mental health. Where was your concern before? You were calling us selfish and telling us to get over it a few months ago.
I would agree with this: an easy cop-out when things go pear shaped.

I don't doubt there are many genuine people out there suffering from MH, but there's a multitude of others (celebs being one attention-seeking bunch), who just want the easy option even though they don't have a clue what it really means, but its trendy all the same

My partner bought a refurbed ‘like new’ phone recently as his old one was on its last legs. He got it from his phone network so a legit source, but bollocks is it ‘like new’ the battery is so tit, it barely lasts longer than an hour. He’s had to get one of those cases with a built in charger as it just doesn’t last and he uses it for work. I’m sure that’s not helping but he can’t have it stuck to a charger cable all day either. Going to send it in for ‘repairs’ but I’m not convinced they’ll do anything with it and may try to charge us.

Always been wary of refurbed phones but since this was in their highest tier of refurbs and we couldn’t really afford the same phone new at the time(iPhone se old model) we took a chance. I have the same phone which is a couple of years old now, the battery isn’t the best but it is so much better than that shower of shite and definitely gives me more than an hour before needing a charge. This has put me off refurbs for life. If this is what ‘like new’ is like I dread to think of what the lower tier phones are like.

Last edited:
TV shows featuring celebrities walking long distance trails where the celebrity spends the first thirty seconds walking then spends the rest of the show having a go at things like driving a vintage bus, herding sheep or brewing the local beer.

If you're going to call the show "Walking The Pennine Way / Thames Path / Hadrian's Wall with Julia Bradbury / Tony Robinson / Robson Green" it should be about the bloody walk!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.