Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All these complaints from people moving back home about how annoying their parents are make me smile. As a parent of grown up children why do kids revert to being 12 again as soon as they set foot in the house? Cue childhood bickering with siblings, dirty dishes left, ransacking cupboards for snacks, etc etc. And it’s not just my kids! 🤣

Reactions: 3
Being overtaken by a car because they don't like having a motorcycle in front of them..

This morning I turned left into a main road, the car behind me also made the turn and overtook me straight away.
It was pointless really, there was a bus further down the road so he was fucked,

Later in the day, doing 50 up the A41, bleep in a BMW overtook me in a dangerous way, he had the same problem
when he caught up with the traffic. I could have overtaken HIM plus 4 other cars but I couldn't be arsed.

People misjudge my 250CC motorcycle.

People who have utter shite in their bio about travelling "just got back from backpacking around Asia, had an incredible time, almost as amazing as australia! Glad to be back on UK turf" and you just know they're boring as duck because they have nothing else to say about themselves or their life. Travelling isn't a personality trait Adam.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
People on social media without kids being smug about not having to homeschool. Yes you might feel glad it’s not you, good for you! But parents are really struggling (me included) and asked to do the impossible and mental health is at an all time low. I could do without people rubbing salt in the wound. What happened to ‘be kind’ 🙄 it’s been replaced with ‘be smug’ I think.

Reactions: 4
People on social media without kids being smug about not having to homeschool. Yes you might feel glad it’s not you, good for you! But parents are really struggling (me included) and asked to do the impossible and mental health is at an all time low. I could do without people rubbing salt in the wound. What happened to ‘be kind’ 🙄 it’s been replaced with ‘be smug’ I think.
"You chose to have kids"
Yeah nobody chose a global pandemic though did they fam. 🖕

Reactions: 6
I really don't understand why they have to feel so smug!

I don't have kids at the moment, but it must be a real struggle being a parent right now, as it has been for almost a year now. And in any case some of these smug dingbats on SM might need to think about where they seem themselves when they reach old age, and there's not enough younger people to look after them!

Kids are our future, to quote an old song. We need them as much as much as they need us

Going to the supermarket and not realising until you're about to pay, that your bank card is not in your purse (it is instead, sitting next to your laptop at home, from when you made an online purchase) 😭😭😭

Reactions: 10
Just read this in the Daily Mail.

Only one problem, The Sun published the same story 6 months ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Receiving official emails from people who still can't spell my surname, despite my original email clearly declaring as such (in bold type too!)

I know my surname is a long-winded Dutch name, but all they have to do is copy and paste with their replies! :rolleyes:

• Heart
Being phoned up at 6:15 and asked to do a couple of pick ups due at 8:AM, it was only a couple of covid 19 tests FFS, why so early?

Reactions: 2
Receiving official emails from people who still can't spell my surname, despite my original email clearly declaring as such (in bold type too!)

I know my surname is a long-winded Dutch name, but all they have to do is copy and paste with their replies! :rolleyes:
I’m still amazed at how often this happens!!!

People who write "welcome to tattle" when you disagree with their comment. Wrecks! My! Head!

People who write "welcome to tattle" when you disagree with their comment. Wrecks! My! Head!
yep!! Also hate ‘just scroll by’ if you don’t like a comment

its forum, you’re here to discuss things and converse with people and should be allowed to challenge comments ( within reason)

• Heart
Currently being annoyed by folk shouting up to the windows above me "oi ya bellend!" as they sit in their car with music blaring out. The upstairs neighbours are replying in kind. This constitutes banter in my street :confused: Its gone 11pm. Idiots.

• Angry
People who don't hold the appropriate values to work in caring professions. It's amazing how many clinicians openly have racist, prejudiced and outdated views

People need to be mindful of what they share on social media. In my opinion, if you don't have decent values you shouldn't be allowed to work with vulnerable people. For example, if you've liked a photo on Facebook mocking addicts, I don't think it's appropriate for you to then work in a sector like the Police!

Reactions: 7
People writing as not has and why not while

The bloody word hinch or hinched its cleaned!

People spelling things wrong even when it's written right there I.e.showing a bottle of zoflora and writing whats your favourite zaflora scent.or replying to your comment spelling your name wrong

• Heart
Reactions: 4
yep!! Also hate ‘just scroll by’ if you don’t like a comment

its forum, you’re here to discuss things and converse with people and should be allowed to challenge comments ( within reason)
I hate when you're on a gossip about an influencer/celeb thread and you say something with a hint of positivity about the person who it's about you get told to 'go to the rave thread!'

• Haha
Ugh, I do NOT get this. The poster knows you’ve shared it because they get a bloody shared notification, and anyone can see how many times a post has been shared!

The only thing that possibly trumps this is when Samantha from Hartlepool shares a post about a dog that went missing in the Australian outback in 1994 🙄
My boyfriend's mum does this all the time! 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.