Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who mix bleach with hot water
People who mix cleaning chemicals
People who mix vinegar with bicarb šŸ˜¤

Reactions: 2
YouTube algorithms. Why is it that you click on one video and then YouTube recommends every video by that person or that includes that person! I wanted to watch one music video, I don't want to see every interview that person has ever done!

Reactions: 4
Anyone who says ā€œyum yumā€. I watch a lot of Canadian you tubers and a lot of them say it šŸ¤¬

Listening to more than one noise at a time. When my partner is watching stuff on his phone, while Iā€™m watching tv and it blasts out random tit every 2 seconds drives me up the wall! Use your bloody headphones!!
I really struggle with this these days. I used to be the total opposite, I could drown anything in the background out (but could also zone in on conversations in the background, almost like a dimmer switch) but I was unwell a few years ago and it's left me with a sound processing issue of some sort. So now, rather than being able to zone out individual sounds, they all pile on top of each other in one big cacophony. It's not fun.

It's 8:51 AM and I am awake and dressed, what the duck???

• Haha
YouTube algorithms. Why is it that you click on one video and then YouTube recommends every video by that person or that includes that person! I wanted to watch one music video, I don't want to see every interview that person has ever done!
This. I feel almost harrassed, like let me live. I clicked on a 13 second video of a duck once, I don't want avian pets filling up my main page for the rest of my days.

When people in their 20ā€™s complain about being old. A girl I follow on insta (vegan blogger) turned 24 the other day and made a thing about getting old. Seriously šŸ™„ Iā€™m sure I did this too when I was that age but it is so cringe and eye rolly when Iā€™m sitting here at 41 listening to that. I made sure not to make ā€˜Iā€™m so oldā€™ comments in front of older people when I turned 40 (I did say it to friends younger and the same age though šŸ˜œ). So if youā€™re reading this and youā€™re under 40 please know you are ā€˜still youngā€™

This. I feel almost harrassed, like let me live. I clicked on a 13 second video of a duck once, I don't want avian pets filling up my main page for the rest of my days.
It's so annoying! Especially when you only watch a video cause it's been recommended etc. It drives me mental. I end up having to watch a crap ton of other videos to shift the algorithm. The worst bit is, I don't even have an account!!

Reactions: 1
The fact there is a disclaimer that "This show might be unsuitable for young children"!
For Starsky and Hutch FFS??? (old 70's USA COP SHOW)

Reactions: 1
My daughter spent her Christmas money on Pokemon sword for the Nintendo switch. It came with a code to get a unique outfit and some poke balls in game. The way theyā€™ve done it is so stupid though, tried to put the code in on my daughters save file and it wouldnā€™t let me because she wasnā€™t logged in with a Nintendo account because sheā€™s only 8 and doesnā€™t need one. So I exit the game, go back into it using my profile which is linked to my Nintendo account to get the stuff. Stupidly I assumed that the items would be available across all saves in the game. Only afterwards did I see the small print saying that these items are only available on the save file they are used on. So now my daughter doesnā€™t get the unique items and is annoyed at me as she thinks I ā€˜stoleā€™ her items, and I feel guilty because I do have the items on my save for a game thatā€™s actually hers. And my daughter doesnā€™t want to use my save because I picked a different starter Pokemon and my character has a different namešŸ˜…

Loving watching her play though. Reminds me of when I got my first ever Pokemon game at around the same age.

• Haha
Teabags that split in your cup when you top up with hot water.

Definitely a first-world problem, but annoying all the same :LOL:

Reactions: 5
When my husband washes the dishes but leaves dirty things lying about. Heā€™s incapable of looking around and washing up all the bits that need doing. He can only see whatā€™s in front of him. Itā€™s even more annoying because I want to be happy heā€™s done the dishes, but I canā€™t because I walk in to the kitchen and all I can see is the things he didnā€™t do šŸ˜¬

Reactions: 7
My mother just barging into my bedroom without knocking or even asking if I'm decent!

This morning, for example, I had just showered and was drying off in my room semi-nude; and then next thing, my mother opens the door and asks "What would you like for breakfast?"

Whatever happened to common courtesy! :mad:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
My mother just barging into my bedroom without knocking or even asking if I'm decent!

This morning, for example, I had just showered and was drying off in my room semi-nude; and then next thing, my mother opens the door and asks "What would you like for breakfast?"

Whatever happened to common courtesy! :mad:
Lock your door next time. :ROFLMAO:

When you're making a brew and lift the teabag out and the teabag falls and splashes back into your cuppa šŸ˜­

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Lock your door next time. :ROFLMAO:
Regrettably there is no lock/bolt on my bedroom door (not here at my parent's home anyway)

Another grumble, is why people have to repeat what you've just said and turn it into a question

Me "My flight was cancelled last night!"
Friend "Your flight was cancelled?"

or

Me "I wish I had bigger boobs!"
Friend "You wish you had bigger boobs?"

:rolleyes:

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.