Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
unpopular here but mental health is another one. I feel like some people actually only care about mental health when they can use it to suit an agenda. Most people didn't give a tit about it but then lockdown came along and all of sudden there's concern for mental health. Where was your concern before? You were calling us selfish and telling us to get over it a few months ago.
This a million times over.
They don't really care about mental health in the slightest, they just want to use it to push their anti-lockdown/covid/mask bullshit. Using people's mental health and suicides as a placard for their crap is disgusting. They're horrible people and it never fails to piss me off.

Along the same lines of mental health. Those who use their issues as an excuse to abuse others disgusts me.
I've been a horrible person at low points but I've took responsibility for my own words and actions. I don't shift the blame to my mental health. My mh doesn't force me to hurt others.

Reactions: 6
This a million times over.
They don't really care about mental health in the slightest, they just want to use it to push their anti-lockdown/covid/mask bullshit. Using people's mental health and suicides as a placard for their crap is disgusting. They're horrible people and it never fails to piss me off.

Along the same lines of mental health. Those who use their issues as an excuse to abuse others disgusts me.
I've been a horrible person at low points but I've took responsibility for my own words and actions. I don't shift the blame to my mental health. My mh doesn't force me to hurt others.
I agree on both! I'm a bit sick of people throwing "what about people's mental health?" around the place when they've never even bothered to try and understand MH issues before.

Also yes. Mental health can be a reason but it's not a justification!

Reactions: 5
I agree on both! I'm a bit sick of people throwing "what about people's mental health?" around the place when they've never even bothered to try and understand MH issues before.

Also yes. Mental health can be a reason but it's not a justification!
They still don't understand, mental health is just a buzzword to them right now. 😫

Washing up gloves that don’t fit. I’ve got very small but also very fat hands. Apart from them slipping off and sending plates flying, I also often end up with a glove full of either super hot water or greasy water urgh

Another thing that annoys me, and which is absolutely pointless getting annoyed about, is the fact that my friend eats hot cross buns whole (unsliced) and unbuttered. She just bites straight into the bun.
I've always ate them that way, never thought of doing anything with them either 🤷‍♀️😯

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I've always ate them that way, never thought of doing anything with them either 🤷‍♀️😯
What if you’re my friend?! Awkward!

But I know you’re not because she knows there’s a different way. Her mum and sister slice and butter them. We’ve discussed this in detail lol

Since you eat them whole you must not have a top/bottom preference! (I’m #teambottom)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
What if you’re my friend?! Awkward!

But I know you’re not because she knows there’s a different way. Her mum and sister slice and butter them. We’ve discussed this in detail lol

Since you eat them whole you must not have a top/bottom preference! (I’m #teambottom)
I know I'm not your friend also bc I'm friend less 😬
Always found them dry tbh, can't believe i never thought of butter lol thanx for enlightening me (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I know I'm not your friend also bc I'm friend less 😬
Always found them dry tbh, can't believe i never thought of butter lol thanx for enlightening me (y)
let me know how you get on! And if you end up being #teamtop we can be friends and eat our fav parts together in virtual harmony. Or even if you like the bottom half more we can still be virtual friends. Maybe start a cult.

tbf, I only discovered two years ago that hot cross buns are often toasted!

Hubby too - hot x buns are just that - doesn't like them sliced and buttered, just bite them. He got 6 x 4 packs of M and S chilli and cheese hot x buns on a yellow ticket the other day for 30p a pack and he froze them and will eat them when they have just been out of the freezer for while or micro for a few seconds and eat.

Reactions: 1
Hubby too - hot x buns are just that - doesn't like them sliced and buttered, just bite them. He got 6 x 4 packs of M and S chilli and cheese hot x buns on a yellow ticket the other day for 30p a pack and he froze them and will eat them when they have just been out of the freezer for while or micro for a few seconds and eat.
My brain is in “hamster on a wheel” mode!!!!

but firstly, love a bargain and that he stocked up!!

Does it have raisins (sultanas?) as well as chilli and cheese?

My brain is in “hamster on a wheel” mode!!!!

but firstly, love a bargain and that he stocked up!!

Does it have raisins (sultanas?) as well as chilli and cheese?
They are in the freezer outside and it is lagging it down with rain or I would go and have a look for you and he has just gone to Aldi for the monthly shop. I am vegan so don't eat them so don't know but here is the M and S website thingy. We live 10 min walk from M and S and he is the King of yellow tickets about 3/4 of an hour before they close - open our chest freezer and it screams yellow tickets :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: He is back and has just told me to stop exaggerating as they were 25p instead of £1.50 :ROFLMAO:

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/food/a30688653/marks-and-spencer-chilli-cheese-hot-cross-buns/#:~:text=The retailer's new Chilli & Cheese,of spice to their food.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
They are in the freezer outside and it is lagging it down with rain or I would go and have a look for you and he has just gone to Aldi for the monthly shop. I am vegan so don't eat them so don't know but here is the M and S website thingy. We live 10 min walk from M and S and he is the King of yellow tickets about 3/4 of an hour before they close - open our chest freezer and it screams yellow tickets :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: He has just told me to stop exaggerating as they were 25p instead of £1.50 :ROFLMAO:

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/food/a30688653/marks-and-spencer-chilli-cheese-hot-cross-buns/#:~:text=The retailer's new Chilli & Cheese,of spice to their food.
i wish I had a bigger freezer just for yellow ticket items!!

And thank you for the link, very kind. Who knew today would be the day that hot cross buns could be added to my list of potential mastermind subjects!

• Haha
Cup rings on desks and tables!

Really quite irritating when I have friends round to my home (Pre-Covid), and I offer them drinks. I put out coasters but they still put their cups/mugs/glasses on the actual tabletop either through forgetfulness or laziness.

I don't want to make a scene by telling them, or moving the cup for them short of a "playful" reminder, but they still do it; and I end up with a table that looks like the Olympic Games Logo

Oh and just to add to that: I hate it when I pick up a cup without looking, and realise the coaster is still stuck to it, and then it drops with a loud CLATTER on the wooden/glass tabletop.

Scares the crap out of me!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
My dog has started waiting until it is completely silent in my house and will come right up behind me and start barking as loud as she can. Scares the tit out of me. I'm pretty sure she finds it hilarious as sometimes she does it a couple of times a day, usually when I am holding something.
Annoys me more than immensely

• Haha
Reactions: 11
They way everyone bows down and worships Beyoncé makes me cringe so bad. I like her music but ffs I wish people would calm the duck down. Grown women writing all over social media how much they love her 🙈😳 whyyyyy?? Yes she is talented and beautiful but no better or more worthy than other successful singers out there. Why has she been crowned the Kween?

Reactions: 15
Words/phrases that have become meaningless because they're over used or used in the wrong context
Empowered
Privilege
Error of judgement
Raising awareness
Literally

Also useless reviews....
Especially shoes and clothes. I want to know if the sizing comes up right or the if colour is true to the picture but its usually ' my husband thought the dress looked great o me'
'Lovely dress, I wore it to my daughters wedding'
'I wore the shoes to my friends dinner party and everyone commented on how nice they were'
'I've yet to read the book but the picture on the cover is more for a romantic novel not a thriller'
'Only started taking the suppliment two days ago so its too early to tell'
🙄

Reactions: 10
Words/phrases that have become meaningless because they're over used or used in the wrong context
Empowered
Privilege
Error of judgement
Raising awareness
Literally

Also useless reviews....
Especially shoes and clothes. I want to know if the sizing comes up right or the if colour is true to the picture but its usually ' my husband thought the dress looked great o me'
'I wore the shoes to my friends dinner party and everyone commented on how nice they were'
'I've yet to read the book but the picture on the cover is more for a romantic novel not a thriller'

🙄
This is pissed me off to no end! Especially the last one! Why bother writing the review if you're not going to say something bleeping useful!

Also useless reviews....
🙄
'Haven't worn/used it yet' is my favourite. Like WHY are you leaving a review?!

I rely on reviews for EVERYTHING so it's just really irritating.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
'Haven't worn/used it yet' is my favourite. Like WHY are you leaving a review?!

I rely on reviews for EVERYTHING so it's just really irritating.
Or when they respond to the Q&A section saying, “I don’t know. I don’t own this item”. Why are you responding?!?!

• Haha
People who don't respect the queue.
People who talk loudly to their friends at cafes/restaurants or anywhere where the person can hear them perfectly fine if they used a normal speaking voice. People who talk loudly on the phone.
Dickheads who film and take photos at a live performance which they shouldn't and burn your retinas along with the performers' with their obnoxious flashing lights.
Having to explain myself when I want to spend time alone.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.