Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One thing that annoys me at the moment is the whole 'just do what you can' push about how to deal with pressures of working from home and home school. It makes sense but, then when you actually do find you are struggling, it doesn't help at all.

If you have work and other pressures coming at you at a set rate, just deciding to do that you can still means that the backlog grows day by day.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
As a Scot I shouldn’t say this but Deacon Blue annoy the hell outta me. I get the ‘Scottish cringe’ when I see them. The way they are always wheeled out on Scottish telly, esp at new year. Add in Amy McDonald (whose singing voice I absolutely hate), Del Amitri, The Proclaimers. There’s a few others. It’s bad but I just find them all so cringey and a bit depressing. I should say I do love the song Caledonia (as all Scots should), but the Amy McDonald version makes me want to die. Why does she sing in an Icelandic accent? Trying to be the next Bjork 🤦🏻‍♀️🤮

All the just for the gram pics. The tagging at luxurious places. The designer bag shots. Also you tube vids where the 'influencer' starts the chat with "Hey Guyyyyys" omgggggg .

Omg the loud over talking mums 😳🙄😬
There is no need to shout talk to them in tesco.. "Oooh Hugoooo we need carrots, where are the carrots, oooh you love carrots don't you Hugoooo. Oooh Hugoooo you're so funnnnyy". SHUT UP! NONE CARES.
Omg I hate this. I hate all the Mumsnet brigade in general. Live their Mom life by their midwives every word. And then boast about it.

Also any member of the TORY government.

Reactions: 3
As a Scot I shouldn’t say this but Deacon Blue annoy the hell outta me. I get the ‘Scottish cringe’ when I see them. The way they are always wheeled out on Scottish telly, esp at new year. Add in Amy McDonald (whose singing voice I absolutely hate), Del Amitri, The Proclaimers. There’s a few others. It’s bad but I just find them all so cringey and a bit depressing. I should say I do love the song Caledonia (as all Scots should), but the Amy McDonald version makes me want to die. Why does she sing in an Icelandic accent? Trying to be the next Bjork 🤦🏻‍♀️🤮
Every Scottish celebrity except maybe Robert Carlyle makes me cringe inside out! Amy McDonald sounds like a goat. We had some mutual friends at one point and she’s a horror.

Reactions: 5
Hate when you get to a shop 5 minutes before closing and they say 'shut now. No your not your open for another 5 minutes!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Before flying out of South Africa to the UK via a connecting flight in Paris tonight, I have to comply with French laws in terms of Covid control when entering French territories. Therefore I have had to take a PCR test (done, and is negative), and present a printout to anyone who needs to see it during the trip, which is fine.

However, I also have to fill out a "Sworn Statement" certificate declaring that, in the last 48 hours, I haven't had a list of symptoms that could be construed as Covid-related, including things like coughs, colds, headaches, muscle pain etc.

But then it also asks if I've had any "unusual diarrhoea" !!??

In my case it's a "no", but I do wonder exactly how you define what is normal diarrhoea, and what is "unusual"?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Before flying out of South Africa to the UK via a connecting flight in Paris tonight, I have to comply with French laws in terms of Covid control when entering French territories. Therefore I have had to take a PCR test (done, and is negative), and present a printout to anyone who needs to see it during the trip, which is fine.

However, I also have to fill out a "Sworn Statement" certificate declaring that, in the last 48 hours, I haven't had a list of symptoms that could be construed as Covid-related, including things like coughs, colds, headaches, muscle pain etc.

But then it also asks if I've had any "unusual diarrhoea" !!??

In my case it's a "no", but I do wonder exactly how you define what is normal diarrhoea, and what is "unusual"?
With these rules, I guess I would be in trouble, as I always have an underlying cough. Have had it for over 30 years.

Reactions: 2
With these rules, I guess I would be in trouble, as I always have an underlying cough. Have had it for over 30 years.
You might be okay. Here's the full list in the declaration

Hereby declares on my honour that I have not had any of the following symptoms during the last 48 hours:
- Fever or chills;
- Cough or aggravation of my usual cough;
- Unusual fatigue;
- Unusual shortness of breath when I speak or make the slightest effort;
- muscle pain and/or unusual aches and pains;
- Unexpected headaches;
- Loss of taste or smell;
- Unusual diarrhoea.

Reactions: 1
Click and collects!! Not always though but I've just got one today and literally every item I've order has the same use by date 😒😒 like check the dates please, I cant eat everything by the 25th!!

• Wow
Was bored and typed my surname into ancestory.com and found out my surname originates from the word ‘tit’. So that’s nice😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Doctors receptionists!!!
We are not all that bad! 😂
Many patients don't seem to understand that we are doing what our bosses (the GP's) tell us to do.
We ask the reason for the call to direct you to the correct person. My practice has 19,000 patients, with 6 admin staff. Our phone lines open at 8am and close at 6.30pm. Between those times the phones ring every second of the working day. Not to mention the level of admin involved. It's a very difficult and stressful job especially in times like this. Until I worked in a GP practice, I'd often wonder why it would take so long to get an appointment or why I was asked the reason for the call. Now I understand. Its not an easy job. We get all the abuse from patients when we aren't the ones who make the rules.

People who don't say thank you when you move off the pavement to let them pass or (pre-covid) when you hold a door open for them.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.