Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Or when they respond to the Q&A section saying, “I don’t know. I don’t own this item”. Why are you responding?!?!
Yes!! Drives me absolutely mad!

People who don't respect the queue.
People who talk loudly to their friends at cafes/restaurants or anywhere where the person can hear them perfectly fine if they used a normal speaking voice. People who talk loudly on the phone.
Dickheads who film and take photos at a live performance which they shouldn't and burn your retinas along with the performers' with their obnoxious flashing lights.
Having to explain myself when I want to spend time alone.
Sorry. I'm awful for this haha, on the bus I get a lot of people turn and look at me as if to say stfu 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Maybe controversial?
But people that brag & try and push being a vegan on to you!
Like fair enough it is great that you're a vegan, but you know those people that are so aggressive that other people aren't vegan!?
You do you honey but leave me alone!! I don't wanna be a vegan!!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I rarely eat meat and despite that, when people get preachy about this, I just want to stuff my face with a burger out of spite. Childish? Yes absolutely. But it's how I feel regardless.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
People who don't respect the queue.
People who talk loudly to their friends at cafes/restaurants or anywhere where the person can hear them perfectly fine if they used a normal speaking voice. People who talk loudly on the phone.
Dickheads who film and take photos at a live performance which they shouldn't and burn your retinas along with the performers' with their obnoxious flashing lights.
Having to explain myself when I want to spend time alone.
Yes the people that talk so bleeping loud like they are trying to make you feel jealous that you are not with them. They can duck off. Same goes for performance parenting ‘ Hugo, what sound does the duck make. Shall we count the ducks together, what country do ducks originate from , can you remember you learnt that at Nursery’ Just feed the ducks please!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Maybe controversial?
Like fair enough it is great that you're a vegan, but you know those people that are so aggressive that other people aren't vegan!?
You do you honey but leave me alone!! I don't wanna be a vegan!!
Can I say, as a vegan, normal vegans actually hate preachy, aggressive vegans. Mainly because they completely defeat the point of the goal of veganism! If you're being patronising, rude etc to people then they're never going to want to even attempt it. I love it when some one says to me "omg I tried this new vegan thing and I loved it" I'm like great that's amazing! Cause every little thing is helpful to the goal, even if it's just as simple as ordering the vegan burger at kfc, or having vegan mayo with your chicken salad. I always think that the aggressive vegans don't actually care about animals/the planet/health. They just want to be better than someone.

Another thing that winds me up is when people slag off people who aren't vegan but try vegan things. There's always YouTubers who do the whole "eating vegan for a week" or "trying vegan products" and you always get comments from dickheads like "if you're not vegan why would you buy vegan xyz" and I'm like... ok but even just a week, or buying cruelty free shampoo is something! All they do is put people off trying, makes us look crazy and militant! It really fucks me off!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Omg the loud over talking mums 😳🙄😬
There is no need to shout talk to them in tesco.. "Oooh Hugoooo we need carrots, where are the carrots, oooh you love carrots don't you Hugoooo. Oooh Hugoooo you're so funnnnyy". SHUT UP! NONE CARES.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
How all the phones in TV dramas or films have the same iPhone message sent/received sound - the weeoo then wooee. In Personal Shopper, it was so irritating. (I don‘t have an iPhone but if I did, I’d change that sound!)

Reactions: 1
Yes the people that talk so bleeping loud like they are trying to make you feel jealous that you are not with them. They can duck off. Same goes for performance parenting ‘ Hugo, what sound does the duck make. Shall we count the ducks together, what country do ducks originate from , can you remember you learnt that at Nursery’ Just feed the ducks please!
Or when in supermarket with your kids (pre pandemic) and they are kicking off and you are stressed trying to remember everything pushing the trolley round people hogging the shelves and having a hot flush. Then you see a parent 'darling can you get mummy 2 avocados please, well done helping with the shopping"

• Haha
Certain words and phrases wind be up ...
Triggered, triggering, trigger alert
Be kind 🙄
Scroll on
Bubble, bubbling (as in covid related)
Flannel (as used by that annoying Hirons woman with the skin care tips that obviously aren’t doing much for her)
Picky tea ... ?!?!
80% diet 20% exercise (100% bullshit)

I will no doubt think of more as my hormonal raging continues 😆

One more thing ... my husband puts glasses and cups next to the dishwasher with the other dirty dishes but leaves a few mouthfuls worth of water in them. Obviously I expect them to be empty and end up tipping bloody water all over myself when I load the dishwasher ... why ? Why ? Why does he do this ? 😤

• Haha
Reactions: 6
“Self-care”
Such an annoying phrase. Why did people start replacing “pampering” with “self care”

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Can I say, as a vegan, normal vegans actually hate preachy, aggressive vegans. Mainly because they completely defeat the point of the goal of veganism! If you're being patronising, rude etc to people then they're never going to want to even attempt it. I love it when some one says to me "omg I tried this new vegan thing and I loved it" I'm like great that's amazing! Cause every little thing is helpful to the goal, even if it's just as simple as ordering the vegan burger at kfc, or having vegan mayo with your chicken salad. I always think that the aggressive vegans don't actually care about animals/the planet/health. They just want to be better than someone.

Another thing that winds me up is when people slag off people who aren't vegan but try vegan things. There's always YouTubers who do the whole "eating vegan for a week" or "trying vegan products" and you always get comments from dickheads like "if you're not vegan why would you buy vegan xyz" and I'm like... ok but even just a week, or buying cruelty free shampoo is something! All they do is put people off trying, makes us look crazy and militant! It really fucks me off!
As a non vegan (god that makes me sound like a rabid raw meat eater) I want to ask why they (manufacturers of vegan meals etc) always make vegan food look and sound like meat. Vegan bacon rashers, vegan burgers, vegan steak etc.....the whole point of being vegan is that you don't eat meat, so why try to make meat-like vegan food?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My dad, when I speak to him . . He 90% of the time responds with UH?
It is SOOOO infuriating. .
On occasions I dont bother repeating myself and he answers my question . .
You heard me all along Dad, so why the UHHHH? uh? 🤣

• Haha
clamshell packaging, that is so tough you need a friggin' chainsaw to cut open!

I could possibly see a justification for it for knives, scissors and other potentially dangerous items; but a tin opener!!??

• Haha
As a non vegan (god that makes me sound like a rabid raw meat eater) I want to ask why they (manufacturers of vegan meals etc) always make vegan food look and sound like meat. Vegan bacon rashers, vegan burgers, vegan steak etc.....the whole point of being vegan is that you don't eat meat, so why try to make meat-like vegan food?
Because most people don't give up those things because they don't like them. Familiarity can make things easier. Plus they taste good 😬

Reactions: 5
THIS!!! this is a little thing that annoys me immensely!!!

I wonder if Cherie Blair was ever mistaken for a post box, when she stood outside number 10 wearing the red outfit? With a mouth like hers, it would be an easy mistake to make!

• Haha
A lot of people ask this question and in all honesty it depends on your reason for going vegan. If you're veggie or vegan cause you hate the taste texture of meat then they usually wouldn't eat meat substitutes. I'm not vegan cause I dislike the taste of meat, I just don't want to eat actual meat cause I don't want animals to suffer, meat and dairy is a major factor in climate change and cause meat and dairy are often unhealthy. The vegan substitutes are great as it means I can still eat the foods I liked before but without the cruelty and the unhealthy aspect of eating meat (hormones etc)

Reactions: 7
My dad, when I speak to him . . He 90% of the time responds with UH?
It is SOOOO infuriating. .
On occasions I dont bother repeating myself and he answers my question . .
You heard me all along Dad, so why the UHHHH? uh? 🤣
My mum does this! Except she says "Ay?" after everything, even when she can hear me its "Ay?" She also has an annoying habit of asking me what my plans are for weekend etc (pre covid) When I answer "I dont know" she will say "Oh I thought you were seeing so and so.." Drives me crazy, if you knew then why did you ask!? 🤣

• Haha
I love my parents but they do my head in. My Dad watches rolling news and is always outraged about the stories. He also tells me in great detail about the weather report for somewhere 300 miles away. Ignore it Dad, it's nothing to do with you!

My Mum has started to assume my life is exactly the same as hers when it couldn't be more different at the moment. She is bored out of her mind shielding at home. They live in a really quite cul de sac so see no one. It's tough but, hopefully, not for long.

She calls me and asks what I've been up to then says 'you haven't done anything have you? it's so boring'. In reality, I'm working full time, have two kids doing home school, a dog to walk and a million snacks to prepare.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.