Little things in life that annoy you immensely #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Drivers that get right up behind you on motorway

One I use daily I feel regularly have cars behind me even though it has speed cameras (working) all the way along and I do the limit on the dot?

Had a HGV recently dangerously close and flashing headlights I’m presuming so I go faster- everyone seems in such a rush!

I really don’t understand this, there is the option to overtake and why would I go faster and get a speeding ticket 🤣

Reactions: 8
Am currently in bed as I type this all nice warm and cosy. But guess what? I need to pee! (Yep I know, tmi :eek:)

This always happens when I've found my sweetspot and feel very reluctant to want to aquiece because when I get back into bed I can never ever find that sweetspot again:confused:

Oh well better get it over with .

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
People who won't shut up during a show or movie... but I guess that doesn't really qualify as a " little thing. "

Reactions: 5
Waking up in the middle of the night with CRAMP in both legs, then again a few hours later.

Reactions: 5
Online grocery shopping - hugely convenient of course. But the downside is that when it comes to fresh produce, (like veg, bread & fruit), the use-by dates give you about 1 or perhaps 2 days to eat them before they start going off.

Yesterday, for example I had some bloomer bread delivered, and the sell-by was the same day! So clearly the pickers at these stores will choose these items so as to clear old stock. A bit devious perhaps and one reason why I probably won't bother in future unless really desperate

Reactions: 12
Online grocery shopping - hugely convenient of course. But the downside is that when it comes to fresh produce, (like veg, bread & fruit), the use-by dates give you about 1 or perhaps 2 days to eat them before they start going off.

Yesterday, for example I had some bloomer bread delivered, and the sell-by was the same day! So clearly the pickers at these stores will choose these items so as to clear old stock. A bit devious perhaps and one reason why I probably won't bother in future unless really desperate
This also annoys me, the pickers have been instructed to do so, but it really is unfair.

It's especially unfair on the elderly and people who live alone who might not be able to finish it on time.

I think it should be made illegal to give stuff with less than 3 days expiry, unless it is discounted.

Reactions: 10
This also annoys me, the pickers have been instructed to do so, but it really is unfair.

It's especially unfair on the elderly and people who live alone who might not be able to finish it on time.

I think it should be made illegal to give stuff with less than 3 days expiry, unless it is discounted.
Agreed, and definitely not the pickers' fault if they've been instructed to do it that way. And with bread I can always cut it up and throw it in the freezer; but I don't know about fruit & veg.

Reactions: 3

Not to sound like a Karen but complain to the supermarket or tell the driver. I used to work as online picker and we were told always to pick from the back and if a customer had complained about short dates on items, it'd flag up on our system and we'd have to manually verify that the date was 2 days (obvs idk what supermarket yours was from). But definitely ring up and mention it because they are not suppose to give items that have a short dates

Reactions: 4

I would like to explain a couple of things about pickers, first of all my Brother is a picker, he starts work at 5AM so the chances are they he will be picking the older stock at that time of the day. Also Pickers are on the clock, they don't have long to complete the orders and don't have time to check dates. To get say well dated Bread for example depends on what time of day the order is being picked, sadly the time an order is placed doesn't promise well dated Bread or other produce of that nature.

Also to take into account, different supermarkets have different rules for pickers which is why some are better than others.

Reactions: 3
The clocks change twice a year but grown adults who've been around the sun multiple times exclaiming "Oooh isn't dark now!! I can't belieeeeeve it!" as if it doesn't happen. every. year.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I find it so annoying when expectant parents try to tie their children’s names in together?? WHY! Imagine being 40 and your called bill, and having 2 brothers called bob and Ben because your parents wanted all your names to start with the same letter! Literally nobody that is an adult gives a tit whether their name sounds good with their siblings name! Just call your kid a name you like!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
When you are telling someone a story and they interrupt halfway through and you realise they haven’t been listening atall. Que skippers!!!

Also people who upload every single detail of their lives to social media!

Reactions: 9
Americans who put a plural on Lego. It’s just Lego you morons, not Legos 😂

When the letter ‘e’ is pronounced as an ‘a’ for example the word letter sounds like latter. Lots of accents do this. It’s a small thing but makes me cringe/shudder. The one that used to boil my piss was Gi Fletcher (when I used to listen to her happy mum happy baby podcast), she was sponsored by Hello Fresh and every episode she would shout ‘proudly sponsored by HALLO Fresh’ 😩

People with really loud voices. God I hate that.

Reactions: 7
Woke up in the night, bit my tongue, it bleeping hurt.😡

Reactions: 1
The difficult concept for some people to understand the protocols of using a public library.

It is there to read and study in silence, or at the very most whispered talk.

It's certainly not a place to shout across desks, pinging each other with text messages, laughing, eating fast food etc. And neither it is a nursery or playground for wild kids to play around in.

Reactions: 8
This one might be weird but when there’s loads of seats on the train and someone still stands up. I don’t trust those people, i’d always choose a seat, who wouldn’t?! Maybe I’m lazy :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 7
This one might be weird but when there’s loads of seats on the train and someone still stands up. I don’t trust those people, i’d always choose a seat, who wouldn’t?! Maybe I’m lazy :ROFLMAO:
Haha 🤣 to be fair they could be getting off soon. Also one time I had a bad injury and couldn't sit so there might be reasons.

Now, people who sit next to you when there are still lots of other completely free seats left. I don't trust people who don't have a sense of personal space.
It's the same at the gym when, in an empty changing room, it's almost guaranteed that if someone comes in they will come to change either right next to me or on the directly bench opposite me 😐 why

Reactions: 12
Still the neighbours with the piona. My partner cracked tonight and went round instead of chopsticks it was some horrided depressing tune that seem to be practiced again and again. Fair enough he doesn't help himself with how he address them but them shouting they know their rights etc. Calmed down and neighbour said playing stops at 9 kids in bed at 10. 1 and 3 year old has same bedtime as me 🤣. Apparently me and my partner was partying at 12 a clock at night one night yeah right if I'm up past 12 I've finished work where I get in use the toilet dont even flush and crawl into spare room god forbid I wake my partner up.

Reactions: 2
People eating near me makes me unbelievably angry. I just can’t stand hearing people eat. Even the non noisy eaters eat near me. It’s like my ears have been made to hear the tiniest little noise from someone eating. It’s actually become quite a problem for me personally as I find it incredibly difficult to sit down at the table during meal times with my own kids 🙈
I only have to look at someone eating and BAM 💥 I can ‘hear’ them 😭😤😭

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.