Little things in life that annoy you immensely #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thongs!

Used to wear them a lot during my uni years purely because they were comfortable (for short periods of time), cooler, didn't show up against any pants or shorts I might be wearing, and were of course rather sexy etc.

However, there are many downsides, most of which I won't repeat here. But needless to say they are quite literally a pain in the arse (and elsewhere!), especially when going for a long jog. People must think when I run past them, I have a twitch or muscle cramp down below because I run like I've got a hand brush wedged between my thighs!

Keep meaning to throw the last remaining 3 out, but keep forgetting - until now!

Goodbye, wedgies. Thanks for all the brief grief!
The thought of jogging in a thong made me clench unconsciously!

———————

Another one of mine is people who ask you things they could look up in 30 seconds. Eg I used to help run a Facebook group where we posted daily numbered posts. The admin would always message me saying “what post are we up to?”. LOOK ON THE GROUP INSTEAD OF ASKING ME AND WAITING HOURS FOR A REPLY! 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The fact that I eat throughout my day at normal times and have a snack when I'm hungry but at nighttime when I'm heading off to bed (normally after I've brushed my teeth) my stomach decides it wants food!

Reactions: 6
When you put Netflix on ready to watch it in a bit, and it starts to autoplay whatever’s on the landing page, or cycles through images of programmes, really distracting and annoying. Just stay still till I’m ready!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
When you put Netflix on ready to watch it in a bit, and it starts to autoplay whatever’s on the landing page, or cycles through images of programmes, really distracting and annoying. Just stay still till I’m ready!
They made a new setting so you can turn that off now! It’s great, no more ridiculously loud trailers every time you login

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Trying to buy clothes online, the sites that have the pop up that say how many people viewed this and how many have purchased it in the last 24 hrs!

why? Who cares? It really puts me off shopping from their site.

Reactions: 13
Trying to buy clothes online, the sites that have the pop up that say how many people viewed this and how many have purchased it in the last 24 hrs!

why? Who cares? It really puts me off shopping from their site.
Yes!! And often it doesn't disappear for ages so I can even see the picture properly, so annoying!

Just saw this on FB and I know you'll all appreciate it 🤗
I do a lot of running, using FitBit and other tracking apps. But I would never be needy or desperate enough to share my stats on social media :rolleyes:

(Although I will say my 4.5 mile run this morning was 2 minutes longer than usual thanks to flooding, and a car parked in the wrong place, and my trainers were a little on the hard side. But I picked up the pace through the empty High Street, and the hill didn't prove much of a challenge, and I completed one circuit 7 seconds quicker than usual, but that was probably because...................................:LOL:)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
When people let their kids travel in a car in an unsafe way I.e no seatbelt or car seat for kids who obviously should still be in one.

Just seen a video from someone on my fb that was obviously filmed whilst they were driving, their kid was sitting in the front seat, no car seat, no seatbelt, car obviously moving. Just so many risks being taken! It only takes a second for something to go horribly wrong whilst driving. People like this think it’ll never happen to them and then it does. Put your phone down whilst driving and strap your kid in ffs. It makes me despair, I see phone use whilst driving so often on social media and I’ll never understand it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
People from Edinburgh who sound like they are American/English 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m sorry to offend anyone from Edinburgh out there, I know you can’t help it. But wtf 😂

Reactions: 3
I’m on one today it seems!

My bil and sil. They live abroad and go on about a million holidays a year. Even this year they’ve been able to go places. Wouldn’t mind but they’re so bleeping smug about it on social media. Completely blind to their privilege. It’s been a tit year, nobody needs to hear about how you’re living it up in some obscure, unaffected part of the world for the 5th time this year “with fab food and fab people” when most of us have had our own holidays cancelled and can’t even visit family down the road. duck. Right. Off.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m on one today it seems!

My bil and sil. They live abroad and go on about a million holidays a year. Even this year they’ve been able to go places. Wouldn’t mind but they’re so bleeping smug about it on social media. Completely blind to their privilege. It’s been a tit year, nobody needs to hear about how you’re living it up in some obscure, unaffected part of the world for the 5th time this year “with fab food and fab people” when most of us have had our own holidays cancelled and can’t even visit family down the road. duck. Right. Off.
People that dont recognise how privileged they are are annoying in general aren't they 😑

Reactions: 14
When people let their kids travel in a car in an unsafe way I.e no seatbelt or car seat for kids who obviously should still be in one.

Just seen a video from someone on my fb that was obviously filmed whilst they were driving, their kid was sitting in the front seat, no car seat, no seatbelt, car obviously moving. Just so many risks being taken! It only takes a second for something to go horribly wrong whilst driving. People like this think it’ll never happen to them and then it does. Put your phone down whilst driving and strap your kid in ffs. It makes me despair, I see phone use whilst driving so often on social media and I’ll never understand it.
An ex colleague runs a car account on IG, 40k followers, always, almost daily filming while driving.

I never message people I don’t know on IG until recently an American girl I follow who restores furniture kept putting on her stories filming while driving and looking at the camera. She’s also just done a post about online hater. <10k followers. I said it nicely, ‘I know you’re trying to grow followers, your content is great, but this is seriously dangerous, potentially lethal to you and others and illegal in European countries, you will get hate for it. If you want to grow, and you deserve to, you can’t do this’
She didn’t respond but she hasn’t done it since.

In fact it irritates me when people don’t respond when you’re polite. A friend who’s found God posted a picture of a Buddhist spirit tree with some convoluted story about God being good and the ribbons being prayers God has answered or something. Told her that while it was indeed very beautiful, it was actually a Buddhist tree and the ribbon was for the spirits. Deleted it and said nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Some on of my neighbours they know my other half as a mechanic so I'm getting asked all the time when he's in and if he can look at his car. So teatime he can never eat his tea in piece when they come knocking. Act shocked with me telling them to come back another night hes been out since 6 this morning let him have his tea.

Reactions: 12
Comments on my working pattern from colleagues!
I work Mon-Wed every Wednesday evening I get “ wish I got every Thus/Fri off” 😡 I don’t get paid for it it’s not holiday!!
I work those days as I pay daily in childcare about what I earn each day so I might as well have a few extra days with my kids.....and that’s exactly how it makes me feel like I have to justify it!!

Reactions: 20
Unnecessary lights on electronic devices. I’ve got an adaptor for the tablet, to connect other bits ... the pointless blue light on it is flashing constantly. There’s another thing behind the TV, can’t even remember what it’s for ... mega-bright blue LED. Pfft.

Reactions: 10
What really annoyed the hell out me today was this wanker on a moped riding down a one way street THE WRONG WAY and he was also on the Pavement...... BASTARD! After doing this tit, he parked up and starts eating his lunch!

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.