Little things in life that annoy you immensely #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know itā€™s wrong of me but bad spelling is a pet peeve of mine. Iā€™m not talking about people with learning difficulties, itā€™s the people that donā€™t have any difficulties where it angers me. Itā€™s just pure laziness!!

All they have to do is just quickly read over what they typed!!

Reactions: 10
this is quite niche but people who don't know the difference between a pancake and crepe. They say pancake when they actually mean crepe and it really winds me up. I have no idea why, i think just cause it's not correct but I honestly just want to scream "THE THIN ONE YOU GET IN WINTERWONDERLAND IS A CREPE NOT A PANCAKE. A PANCAKE IS THE THICK AMERICAN STYLE ONES YOU GET FROM DENNYS!!!!" it makes me irrationally angry :oops: šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 4
this is quite niche but people who don't know the difference between a pancake and crepe. They say pancake when they actually mean crepe and it really winds me up. I have no idea why, i think just cause it's not correct but I honestly just want to scream "THE THIN ONE YOU GET IN WINTERWONDERLAND IS A CREPE NOT A PANCAKE. A PANCAKE IS THE THICK AMERICAN STYLE ONES YOU GET FROM DENNYS!!!!" it makes me irrationally angry :oops: šŸ¤£
eh? The things we Brits all make on Pancake Tuesday are exactly like crepes surely, only difference is one is cooked in a frying pan and one on a hotplate, but easy to interchange the two terms, the end result is more or less identical? I would definitely call the thin crepe-like type a pancake, based on Pancake Tuesday and frying pan races on Blue Peter etc during my childhood.

The thicker American pancakes like you get in Dennys or McDonalds breakfast (if they still do them in covidworld, I'm not sure) are indeed different, hence I woud call those American pancakes, some people might also call them Scotch Pancakes, or Drop Scones?

Reactions: 11
eh? The things we Brits all make on Pancake Tuesday are exactly like crepes surely, only difference is one is cooked in a frying pan and one on a hotplate, but easy to interchange the two terms, the end result is more or less identical? I would definitely call the thin crepe-like type a pancake, based on Pancake Tuesday and frying pan races on Blue Peter etc during my childhood.

The thicker American pancakes like you get in Dennys or McDonalds breakfast (if they still do them in covidworld, I'm not sure) are indeed different, hence I woud call those American pancakes, some people might also call them Scotch Pancakes, or Drop Scones?
the things we make on shrove Tuesday are indeed crepes. Not pancakes. Pancakes are thick and canā€™t be manipulated. Crepes are thin and can be rolled up to make like a wrap type thing

Reactions: 3
Passwords, passphrases and/or pin numbers,

It is bad enough that I work in IT and have to remember a shedload of logins/passwords for different applications on different devices. But even a relatively simple/harmless app is now demanding/incorporating two-tier authentications (standard alphanumeric password, strengthened with a random pin code to your phone).

So now you have to have two chosen devices by your side in order to access those passwords/pin numbers. Plus it also means the owner of the app has access to your contacts and other PI on your phone, which it can sell off to a third party (because their privacy notice says they can, but you couldn't be bothered to read/deny due to the long-winded legalize.)

Logins/passwords are important of course, but bloody hell two-tier, and sometimes even three-tier authentication to be able to use a bog-standard non-threatening app is a bit OTT :mad:

• Angry
the things we make on shrove Tuesday are indeed crepes. Not pancakes. Pancakes are thick and canā€™t be manipulated. Crepes are thin and can be rolled up to make like a wrap type thing
It's not called Crepe Day though is it? It's Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day.

I never heard of a Crepe Race either. Only Pancake Race. And I never saw a Pancake Race with the American thick sort, only frying pans and the thin sort, which the pancake racers desperately try to flip.

So we will have to disagree, I say it is perfectly fine to call the thin variety a pancake, and I'll distinguish from the thick ones by calling them American or Scotch pancakes :p

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It's not called Crepe Day though is it? It's Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day.

I never heard of a Crepe Race either. Only Pancake Race. And I never saw a Pancake Race with the American thick sort, only frying pans and the thin sort, which the pancake racers desperately try to flip.

So we will have to disagree, I say it is perfectly fine to call the thin variety a pancake, and I'll distinguish from the thick ones by calling them American or Scotch pancakes :p
Well its not officially called pancake day either. The point of making pancakes/crepes on shrove Tuesday was to use up all the ingredients before the 40 day lent fast. It was called shrove Tuesday. We invented pancake day.

ETA: this isnā€™t me being a pedantic arse. Google says the same thing
CC86CE87-96FC-4C99-B3AC-36B7EAF96F3D.png

Passwords, passphrases and/or pin numbers,

It is bad enough that I work in IT and have to remember a shedload of logins/passwords for different applications on different devices. But even a relatively simple/harmless app is now demanding/incorporating two-tier authentications (standard alphanumeric password, strengthened with a random pin code to your phone).

So now you have to have two chosen devices by your side in order to access those passwords/pin numbers. Plus it also means the owner of the app has access to your contacts and other PI on your phone, which it can sell off to a third party (because their privacy notice says they can, but you couldn't be bothered to read/deny due to the long-winded legalize.)

Logins/passwords are important of course, but bloody hell two-tier, and sometimes even three-tier authentication to be able to use a bog-standard non-threatening app is a bit OTT :mad:
I have a BP loyalty card, I've given up on the app because of the two tier level just to log in EVERY TIME I LOGIN! it's a bit much for just a loyalty card.

With Paypal there is a new layer so I now need my phone, no problem however my Brother refuses to give his mobile number to Paypal and he is being a real bleep about it.

Reactions: 2
Constant use of "LITERALLY"

I like Paco Rabanne "Olympea" perfume and just got some for my birthday. But a while ago I read a review complaining that it has "a strong piss note". I've never had that but now, whenever I wear it I keep sniffing myself wondering if others will think I smell of wee ...

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Parents who document every mundane activity they do with their kids. To be fair, I used to be the same. Then I realised I didnā€™t need 100+ people on my socials, some of which I havenā€™t spoke to in years seeing all my business, and the whole giving your kids privacy thing. Plus some people are cunts and will judge you for silly things like your house not being spotless. I put the odd picture up on a birthday or something, often for family, but I donā€™t think anyone cares that Iā€™m doing every day things like colouring with my kids or what ever. If I did still share those things Iā€™d probably make it so only close family could see since they would be the only ones really interested anyway. With some people on my friends list at least, it comes across like they are trying to prove what great parents they are and itā€™s sad that they feel compelled to do that when they are probably brilliant parents anyway.

Reactions: 7
Constant use of "LITERALLY"

I like Paco Rabanne "Olympea" perfume and just got some for my birthday. But a while ago I read a review complaining that it has "a strong piss note". I've never had that but now, whenever I wear it I keep sniffing myself wondering if others will think I smell of wee ...
"I literally died!" always makes me laugh. It's as if they really do not understand what they're saying. Literally! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Endless selfies, just seems so vain to me. Our sonā€™s girlfriend seems to have taken a huge interest in make-up and working out lately - good for her, working hard etc - but can we see the kids too? (theyā€™ve got three little ones). She does post ones of them, of course, but along with 5 poses per day!

Reactions: 5
"I literally died!" always makes me laugh. It's as if they really do not understand what they're saying. Literally! ;)
Well it has been added to the dictionaries now as informal use of the word. I guess language develops and changes.

Reactions: 1
Belly tops/crop tops on kids.
So wholly inappropriate and negligent on the parentā€™s behalf

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This is so petty but I hate when someone tries to tell me about their dreams. Like ā€œoh I had the weirdest dream last night!ā€. Sorry but I absolutely do not care

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This is so petty but I hate when someone tries to tell me about their dreams. Like ā€œoh I had the weirdest dream last night!ā€. Sorry but I absolutely do not care
hahahha I agree, 9/10 I don't actually care about their lives let alone something that didn't really happen

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.