Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So this might get me lynched but whats getting on my wick recently are those who are swanning off to Spain for a non essential holiday and then coming on the news pissing their pants and moaning that they have to self isolate. I have zero sympathy. They should have known there was a slight risk that this would be asked of them. Why so deperate to go on holiday, just a holiday not a business trip or to visit family you haven't seen at all this year due to covid19 but a stupid non essential holiday.
Good luck with the face mask tan lines.

I guess this falls in with the gripe I have. I don't have children so apparantly I do not know what being tired actually is.
"Yawn I'm tired...."
Karen "How are YOU tired? Not sure you have been awake since 5am with a screaming toddler!"

duck off, kids or no kids doesn't mean I can never feel tired.

The kids one has always annoyed me. You get memes about this aswell. So because you have kids that means other people aren't allowed to be tired? duck off thinking you are in an exclusive club just because you have children...(I am actually a mum but it still annoys me, I would never dream of saying this to someone, everyone is allowed to be tired for gods sake.)

There are a few mummy things that annoy me actually. Turning a social group into an NCT mums group. We have some people in our group without kids so it must be ridiculously boring for them to listen to potty training and nappies

Train rants

People that put their bag next to them on a seat..I swear this makes me want to commit murder. And they look at you like you're the rude one for wanting them to move it.

People that lean their whole body on the rails. They are supposed to be for people to hold onto you absolute cockwomble.

Heavy breathers

Eating on the train

Painting your nails on the train! Yes we want to suffocate with the fumes of your Metallic Pink nail varnish

Music playing too loudly. Turn it down you knobber

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Turning a social group into an NCT mums group. We have some people in our group without kids so it must be ridiculously boring for them to listen to potty training and nappies
THIS. My school friend's whatsapp groups has essentially morphed into the "Mother & Baby Forum". It's like a social experiment to see how long a conversation can last before going back to the terrible twos/general parent chat. Or if one person posts a picture of their kid, the others tend to see it as a green light to all start posting pictures of their kids at the same time. I love all their kids and actually love to get the occasional update but it's just too much when the conversation rarely sways. I'd never dream of monopolising the group with holiday/dog pics/house renovation stuff for example because it's not as interesting for everyone else. And yes, I know these things don't compare to having children but still. Balance is they key. Rant over
:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 8
People who think a family group, is their own private thing where they are lord and master.

I am admin in a family whatsapp group, the group Avatar/ pic is just a general pic with all the family members, I am not in the pic as I was not there when it was taken, it doesn't bother me as it's a great pic.

Anyway the son of one of my cousin's changes the pic to a pic of his sisters' kids. I asked him to change it as it is not fair on the other family members, this twunt then publically abuses me in the group.

The mother of the kids, his sister ask him to remove the pic, but the twunt carries on giving me crap. I could have changed the pic myself, but that would have seemed heavy handed.

Anyhow he calms down the next day a d changes it. Stupid dumbass.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
My kids always call me mom or mommy, from when they were babies. Though my oldest finds it hilarious to refer to me as mother or mother goose. It might be an accent thing?
My dh calls his mum mam but i call mine mum, northern but grew up in different towns and mam is definitely common place.
I think the mom thing is from Birmingham. The pronouncing of it is definitely a regional thing.

People who think a family group, is their own private thing where they are lord and master.

I am admin in a family whatsapp group, the group Avatar/ pic is just a general pic with all the family members, I am not in the pic as I was not there when it was taken, it doesn't bother me as it's a great pic.

Anyway the son of one of my cousin's changes the pic to a pic of his sisters' kids. I asked him to change it as it is not fair on the other family members, this twunt then publically abuses me in the group.

The mother of the kids, his sister ask him to remove the pic, but the twunt carries on giving me crap. I could have changed the pic myself, but that would have seemed heavy handed.

Anyhow he calms down the next day a d changes it. Stupid dumbass.
Not a fan of family whatsapp groups or whatsapp groups in general. People get ignored or the piss took out of them by other members.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
THIS. My school friend's whatsapp groups has essentially morphed into the "Mother & Baby Forum". It's like a social experiment to see how long a conversation can last before going back to the terrible twos/general parent chat. Or if one person posts a picture of their kid, the others tend to see it as a green light to all start posting pictures of their kids at the same time. I love all their kids and actually love to get the occasional update but it's just too much when the conversation rarely sways. I'd never dream of monopolising the group with holiday/dog pics/house renovation stuff for example because it's not as interesting for everyone else. And yes, I know these things don't compare to having children but still. Balance is they key. Rant over
:ROFLMAO:

No you are spot on. Before I had children I never minded hearing about their kids in small doses, its absurd to think that parents wont talk about their children. But there is a limit. Its extremely boring for non parents to listen to stories about sore nipples and sleeping tips. I'm a mum and I still find it boring! There are other things to talk about, it's nice to have a day off!

Reactions: 7
Even having a night out and some people speak about their kids all night. My sisters are the worst for this. I'm a mum myself but I'm going out to have a good time and forget about my mum duties for a few hours, I really don't care what's happening with other peoples kids unless they tell me something worth speaking about 😂

Reactions: 5
People who post before & after photos and put the 'after' photos first
British people typing mom and not mum

Reactions: 10
People who are well over the top when answering the phone in the office “Good morning, hope you’re well. You’re speaking to Claire Outbound Supervisor, how many I direct your call”

duck me, your not speaking directly with the CEO. it’s Andy from maintenance it says on the phone, a simple hello would suffice

Those who ring you up and say “2 minutes” and carry on their conversation with someone while your stood waiting on the other line

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This is retail specific but when I'm trying to serve a customer and they're on the phone!!! Either hang up your call or don't join the queue until your done. It annoys me normally but it's even worse during busy times or like now where everything is one in one out. I could have served 3 people in the time it has taken me to serve you because you've had to pause your conversation every 5 seconds for me to ask you things!! Hang up and talk to me properly you rude prick!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
car stickers that say rubbish things like

‘How’s my driving? I don’t care anyway’
‘Mums/dads taxi’
‘Prince/princess on board’

Etc etc

• Haha
Reactions: 12
car stickers that say rubbish things like

‘How’s my driving? I don’t care anyway’
‘Mums/dads taxi’
‘Prince/princess on board’

Etc etc
I never got the ‘kids on board’ thing. Publicly inviting pedos to your car in my opinion 😂

Reactions: 4
When people, mostly men, lie their car seat right back to drive so they can hardly see over the steering wheel. It’s not big and it’s not clever. Quite frankly, you look like a bleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The fact that someone at Apple thought it was a good idea to have your apps AUTOMATICALLY DELETE if you don’t open them regularly, so when you go to use them you have to wait for them to download. WTF.

It did this with the Klarna app so I didn’t get a payment reminder! Fuming 😤 🤣

seriously makes me SO angry!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.