Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Folk that chuck rubbish out car windows! Actually general rubbish/litter dropping everywhere they feel like it. Actual boils my pish!

Reactions: 14
I cant stand it when people post pictures of their food and caption it "nom nom" or "so yummy" I want to punch them

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Folk that chuck rubbish out car windows! Actually general rubbish/litter dropping everywhere they feel like it. Actual boils my pish!
Or people that leave rubbish in Mcdonalds/KFC when most of the time they have to walk past the bin to leave the restaurant 🙄.

Someone got off the train last week and she left her disposable face mask on the seat :sick:

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Colleagues who need to talk to you about work specific stuff - but for some reason feel awkward launching straight into whatever the issue/topic is and so start out with small talk about personal crap.

This one is fairly specific to my family - anything (and I mean anything) new I buy they ask where I bought it, how much it cost and then comment on that (almost always "that's expensive")

Reactions: 6
Colleagues who need to talk to you about work specific stuff - but for some reason feel awkward launching straight into whatever the issue/topic is and so start out with small talk about personal crap.

This one is fairly specific to my family - anything (and I mean anything) new I buy they ask where I bought it, how much it cost and then comment on that (almost always "that's expensive")
Yes the work thing is so annoying!! You’re both there to do a job so just ask whatever it is you want to ask 😂

Also, you have just described my mum and sister in the second bit of your post 😂

People who think just because they have done something, other people have to as well...

"I was 59 weeks pregnant, had one arm, anxiety and a 6 inch shard of glass wedged up my rusty sheriffs badge but I still managed to... blah blah"

This phrase I saw on facebook - "I have anxiety but still wear a mask, it is mind over matter" - clearly someone who doesn't suffer with true anxiety if they could just make it go away with their mind.

• Haha
This phrase I saw on facebook - "I have anxiety but still wear a mask, it is mind over matter" - clearly someone who doesn't suffer with true anxiety if they could just make it go away with their mind.
As someone who suffers with "true anxiety" I've learnt what triggers mine and how to overcome certain situations. 😗

There's also different types of anxiety; social etc. Unsure if "face mask anxiety" is one of them like but not everyone falls under the same umbrella.

Reactions: 3
Open letter. My god reign your ego in.

instagram. Just now full of fake shite and grifters.

Seagulls. Noisy bastards.

Reactions: 13
As someone who suffers with "true anxiety" I've learnt what triggers mine and how to overcome certain situations. 😗

There's also different types of anxiety; social etc. Unsure if "face mask anxiety" is one of them like but not everyone falls under the same umbrella.
That is good for you. I am very aware about different types of anxiety so don't need schooling on it but cheers anyway.

But please bare in mind just because you have learnt your triggers and can control it, not everyone else can.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
That is good for you. I am very aware about different types of anxiety so don't need schooling on it but cheers anyway.

But please bare in mind just because you have learnt your triggers and can control it, not everyone else can.
I don't think that was what was said reading it. Just that true anxiety doesn't mean you can't do something or you can't learn to control it.

I don't think that was what was said reading it. Just that true anxiety doesn't mean you can't do something or you can't learn to control it.
Perhaps I should have worded it better on my behalf to be honest.

Anxiety which isn't managed, is what I mean by "true anxiety". I didn't mean to sound dismissive of those who have theirs under control.

Reactions: 2
When you say you don't know someone, and they proceed to list out their entire family tree, so you just agree so they stop
My mum does this :ROFLMAO: or when I say I don't know who you mean she just persists that 'you do!!!!' Like why would I pretend I don't 😂

I don't understand why on earth people who have been born and bred in the UK have suddenly started referring to their mothers on social media as Mom! It's bizarre. Definitely not a typo as its recurrent and even seen it in some girls' bios. Pretty sure their kids don't call them Mom nor do they for example call their mother and say 'hiya Mom' I just find it really weird 🙈

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
My mum does this :ROFLMAO: or when I say I don't know who you mean she just persists that 'you do!!!!' Like why would I pretend I don't 😂

I don't understand why on earth people who have been born and bred in the UK have suddenly started referring to their mothers on social media as Mom! It's bizarre. Definitely not a typo as its recurrent and even seen it in some girls' bios. Pretty sure their kids don't call them Mom nor do they for example call their mother and say 'hiya Mom' I just find it really weird 🙈
My kids always call me mom or mommy, from when they were babies. Though my oldest finds it hilarious to refer to me as mother or mother goose. It might be an accent thing?

My kids always call me mom or mommy, from when they were babies. Though my oldest finds it hilarious to refer to me as mother or mother goose. It might be an accent thing?
I just don't get those who have suddenly started using it, the people I know personally have very regional northern accents and would definitely say mum if they were speaking. And I occasionally refer to mine as Mother Hen :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
Slow walkers or people that don’t know which direction they are going so end up walking across your path.

When you comment on someone’s fb post asking a question and someone that’s not the original poster replies to you! Was I talking to you?! 🙄🙄🙄 Just happened an hour ago!

People who try to make you look or sound stupid to make themselves look better or funnier 😡😡😡

If a work colleague tries to thrown others under the bus to try and get out of something or better themselves. Not happened to me personally but I’ve seen it happen in the past!

People who use the toilet onboard and aircraft and don’t wash their hands....but mainly when they go to the toilet onbaord BAREFOOT!! 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢 esp on a late night flight when you know they will jump straight into bed. Gets me everyone 🤢🤢🤢

People at work that talk shite in general. You get those ones that have the same conversation day in day out 🙄
A woman has now asked me 3 times what my name was so I've started deliberately misnaming her.. She also stated she lives alone and I 100% understand why lol

Just want to tell her to shut up but unfortunately would lose my job

• Haha
People going on about face masks. If I can wear one for 13 hour shift for days on end, in sweaty conditions with the demands of patients then you can bloody wear one to wander round Asda. Makes me enraged.

people who deliberately like to be objectionable. Like someone who argues that sky isn’t blue Just so they can be different.

oh and saltwater sandles and the mummy bloggers wear them & they are granny shoes

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.