Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Slow walkers. Fully believe there should be a slow and fast lane on pavements.
I am a slow walker,sorry to be a nuicance but I have bad hips and knees( arthritis ) . I try to keep to the side but it isnt fun I can tell you. I know I am not the only one who suffers this. If you are young ,life is hurry hurry but at my age not. I wish everyone good health and maybe a bit of thoughtfulness.

Reactions: 3
People who get offended over the smallest things even if it isn’t aimed at them.

I see it alot on this forum.

Not every comment/opinion is meant as an offensive remark.

Reactions: 14
I am a slow walker,sorry to be a nuicance but I have bad hips and knees( arthritis ) . I try to keep to the side but it isnt fun I can tell you. I know I am not the only one who suffers this. If you are young ,life is hurry hurry but at my age not. I wish everyone good health and maybe a bit of thoughtfulness.
Moreso directed at teenagers linking arms/on their phone!

Reactions: 4
The phrase ‘first world problems’. Yes, I do live in a developed country. Yes, I am having a problem with whatever it is. The idea that I can’t have a problem cause other people have it worse than me doesn’t stop it being a problem!

Reactions: 12
So this might get me lynched but whats getting on my wick recently are those who are swanning off to Spain for a non essential holiday and then coming on the news pissing their pants and moaning that they have to self isolate. I have zero sympathy. They should have known there was a slight risk that this would be asked of them. Why so deperate to go on holiday, just a holiday not a business trip or to visit family you haven't seen at all this year due to covid19 but a stupid non essential holiday.
Good luck with the face mask tan lines.

The phrase ‘first world problems’. Yes, I do live in a developed country. Yes, I am having a problem with whatever it is. The idea that I can’t have a problem cause other people have it worse than me doesn’t stop it being a problem!
I guess this falls in with the gripe I have. I don't have children so apparantly I do not know what being tired actually is.
"Yawn I'm tired...."
Karen "How are YOU tired? Not sure you have been awake since 5am with a screaming toddler!"

duck off, kids or no kids doesn't mean I can never feel tired.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So this might get me lynched but whats getting on my wick recently are those who are swanning off to Spain for a non essential holiday and then coming on the news pissing their pants and moaning that they have to self isolate. I have zero sympathy. They should have known there was a slight risk that this would be asked of them. Why so deperate to go on holiday, just a holiday not a business trip or to visit family you haven't seen at all this year due to covid19 but a stupid non essential holiday.
Good luck with the face mask tan lines.
Agree. Some people are acting like its either holiday now or never again. I know some people might have saved for ages and it could have been their first chance but holidaying during a pandemic comes at a cost.

So what if you don’t go away this summer? It’s Not the end of the world if you stay in the country.

Reactions: 5
Two faced backstabbers and the fact that you can’t warn other people because then you look like the witch :rolleyes:

Two faced people in general. If you’re going to be a dick then don’t hide it
It's worse when these are relatives and you don't say anything to keep the peace. I have been fortunate in that the truth has usually come out.

Reactions: 6
My Niece and her boyfriend, lovely young couple who have just started saving for a house (Good on them) but always tag each other in pictures of properties with the caption “😍😍😍😍 we need to view this” and the other one will say “Yes! Let’s book a viewing”
And are being genuine, the houses are like nearly 350 - 400k - they barely scrape 25k a year between then! And they are being serious about it! I think they need to go and get a Mortgage in principle and bring them back to earth with what they can and cannot afford, bless their little cotton socks!
When people who live together tag each other in things such as fun farms/restaurants etc and say 'this is the place I was talking about' or in cars for sale 'what do you think of this?' Omg either just ask physically ask them or dm it if they aren't present

Reactions: 6
I just thought of another one..pregnant women who act like they’re the first and only women to go through it.
My sister in law is pregnant with her second and she expects everyone to pussy foot around her and not talk about anything that might offend her on the family WhatsApp.
What’s more, when her first was born she’d bring her baby to a family bbq then tell everyone to shut up when her sprog was napping or expect the dog to be in his cage for hours even though he was a nice calm friendly dog.
You can’t expect everyone to take responsibility for YOUR baby that YOU decided to have. Really annoys me because I worked full time until I was 38 weeks no complaints and she hasn’t worked in years and doesn’t appreciate all the help she gets even though she’s not the one who needs it.

Reactions: 15
I just thought of another one..pregnant women who act like they’re the first and only women to go through it.
My sister in law is pregnant with her second and she expects everyone to pussy foot around her and not talk about anything that might offend her on the family WhatsApp.
What’s more, when her first was born she’d bring her baby to a family bbq then tell everyone to shut up when her sprog was napping or expect the dog to be in his cage for hours even though he was a nice calm friendly dog.
You can’t expect everyone to take responsibility for YOUR baby that YOU decided to have. Really annoys me because I worked full time until I was 38 weeks no complaints and she hasn’t worked in years and doesn’t appreciate all the help she gets even though she’s not the one who needs it.
Our family is different, when the in-laws bring the kids around, they are the ones who insist everyone acts normal, they say if the kids wake up they wake up it's no big deal.

Reactions: 2
Not sure if this has been said. Work colleagues who 'reply to all' on email, when we all don't need to know Susan or Tim! Only this week another colleague sent an email round saying NOT to do this as it's tiresome when mentioning online training available, six out of the twenty people it went to replied to all to tell us they wanted to go.

Reactions: 10
Not sure if this has been said. Work colleagues who 'reply to all' on email, when we all don't need to know Susan or Tim! Only this week another colleague sent an email round saying NOT to do this as it's tiresome when mentioning online training available, six out of the twenty people it went to replied to all to tell us they wanted to go.
I hate people that do that! I always use bcc now 😂

Reactions: 4
This! I actually came to this thread to say that it really winds me up when people are martyrs and think the world owes them something for their own life choices.

For example, one of my managers always shoots me down and tries to one up me:
If I say I’m tired and haven’t slept well because of work, she will say well try doing it with 2 young children (her choice to continue working full time when she can afford not to) then you’ll know what tired is.

If I say I’m stressed and anxious because of work, she will say try my job for a day then you’ll be stressed (she is actually so lazy and drops most of her work onto me).

I actually confided in her once that I was fed up of my job and doing so much work for peanuts and she had the audacity to say ‘but what do you actually do?’ 😂😂

Just because you deem yourself to be worse off than me, doesn’t mean that my issues don’t matter or that you can just dismiss them. Of course there’s always someone worse off and we are relatively lucky, but it’s really harmful to negate my feelings because you don’t deem them ‘bad enough’. It actually makes me feel worse because then I think well why are you moaning and whinging about little things when it could be worse? Then I feel selfish and even more self loathing for being so selfish!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
People who put up those posters/wall decorations with live laugh love. Oh do duck off. 😂

People who write 'date night/drinks with this one' with a photo of their OH on social media.

People who upload photos of their food or drink, I could understand if you're in a fancy restaurant but I don't want to see a boring cup of tea or a plate of pasta or whatever.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
People who put up those posters/wall decorations with live laugh love. Oh do duck off. 😂

People who write 'date night/drinks with this one' with a photo of their OH on social media.

People who upload photos of their food or drink, I could understand if you're in a fancy restaurant but I don't want to see a boring cup of tea or a plate of pasta or whatever.
I agree with everything apart from the last paragraph. Sometimes pie and mash, or steak and kidney pudding is tastier than a fancy meal.

Reactions: 1
When my OH leaves food IN THE SINK!!! LIKE pours his leftover cereal in the sink. Washs it. Then leave the cheerios in there. 😠

When my OH thinks any candle holder, vase is a empty your pockets jar... Car keys... Gum... Money...

When people (not now obvs) would sit next to me on the bus when there were empty doubles
AND when I Park up and come back to see someone parked next to me when there are hundreds of empty spaces 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
People who post things on Instagram (usually a selfie) and then blatantly delete it and repost later in the hope of getting more likes on a second attempt 😂 Has no impact on my life but jeeeeez the narcissism riles me.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.