Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who travel just to have photos of the back of themselves looking out towards some landscape.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
And people that do that stupid jump in their holiday photos or that stupid looking on the floor pose.....WHY?!
I agree. Imagine looking back at old photos of yourself and telling the grandkids, “That’s the back of granny on a boat in Iceland, that’s the back of your grandfather and I at the Taj Mahal...”

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Dropping things in the shower! It feels like bending down to get it and then back up is so hard and takes so long.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Over the top birthday social media birthday messages

have an amazing day just like you can’t wait to celebrate and have more memories with you

Oh for the love of god!!!!

Reactions: 8
People who are constantly late. 5 - 10 mins is fine, I get that. Anything over 20 minutes (unless a genuine reason) is just plain rude 😬

Reactions: 12
Over the top birthday social media birthday messages

have an amazing day just like you can’t wait to celebrate and have more memories with you

Oh for the love of god!!!!
And then reposting 4537645753 happy birthday messages on their social media stories 😫

• Angry
Reactions: 7
In shops do you want a bag? Umm no ill just balance 150 quids worth of shopping on my bleeping head.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
When you’re buying a meal deal and the item you want isn’t in the deal despite being amongst everything that is :rolleyes:

Reactions: 9
In shops do you want a bag? Umm no ill just balance 150 quids worth of shopping on my bleeping head.
The same with receipts. When you're standing there with your shopping all packed waiting and they ask you if you want a receipt. Pretty sure I'm not just standing there admiring the view. The small Sainsbury's where I live is the worst for that, not sure if they all do that though.

Reactions: 4
This is two fold and a bit niche really BUT:

1) When people don’t say thank you, especially for things you have sent them.

2) I enjoy sewing as a hobby, I don’t know if anyone else does on here but sometimes I feel like people just think it doesn’t take you any time, money or effort and ask ‘could you make make me a ****’

During the pandemic I’ve been making face masks (sick of the sight of them) I’ve made loads for acquaintances who’ve asked through Fb etc, I’ve said I don’t want any money but when I’ve taken the time to make them, drop them off at their house then they can’t even be arsed to send a message saying thanks it really pisses me off! On occasion I’ve worried I dropped them at the wrong house so have messaged and they’re like ‘oh sorry I thought I’d text’ I’ve used nice fabric and could probably make some money if I wanted to 🙄

Also for Christmas I made two dresses for my other half’s nieces, never had a thanks off their mum let alone a photo. They’re probably too big for them now even if she wanted to take one.

Sorry that was a bit of a rant, arghh!! Anyway, back to my sewing machine 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This is two fold and a bit niche really BUT:

1) When people don’t say thank you, especially for things you have sent them.

2) I enjoy sewing as a hobby, I don’t know if anyone else does on here but sometimes I feel like people just think it doesn’t take you any time, money or effort and ask ‘could you make make me a ****’

During the pandemic I’ve been making face masks (sick of the sight of them) I’ve made loads for acquaintances who’ve asked through Fb etc, I’ve said I don’t want any money but when I’ve taken the time to make them, drop them off at their house then they can’t even be arsed to send a message saying thanks it really pisses me off! On occasion I’ve worried I dropped them at the wrong house so have messaged and they’re like ‘oh sorry I thought I’d text’ I’ve used nice fabric and could probably make some money if I wanted to 🙄

Also for Christmas I made two dresses for my other half’s nieces, never had a thanks off their mum let alone a photo. They’re probably too big for them now even if she wanted to take one.

Sorry that was a bit of a rant, arghh!! Anyway, back to my sewing machine 🤣
I hate the no thank you thing. Even a quick text would suffice. I've had to check things have arrived in the past because people haven't even bothered to acknowledge what I've sent has arrived. Just common curtesy to me 🤷‍♀️

I had a big birthday at the start of lockdown and sent thank you cards to everyone who sent me a present. It amazed me how much people appreciated them, I got more than yous for those than when I send gifts 😂😂

• Heart
People who stay in the wrong lane even though there are clear markings showing that the lane they are in is going one way and then they decide to change lanes last minute and hold everyone up.

And people who don't understand how filter lanes work.

Reactions: 6
People who stay in the wrong lane even though there are clear markings showing that the lane they are in is going one way and then they decide to change lanes last minute and hold everyone up.

This too! No exactly the same but there’s a road near me where the right lane has to merge into the left, clear signs saying this is about to happen but every day I get some hole try and whizz past me before the lane merges... and then a lot of the time they don’t make it and have to pull in behind me anyway - doesnt really affect me just pisses me off, why bother for the sake of overtaking one car.

Also people who just stay in the middle lane for no reason going at like 60 when the left lane is free - seriously who are these people? Do they exist in some sort of bubble with no awareness of what’s going on around them!

Reactions: 3
I agree with almost every single post on jere. I’m clearly a miserable cow! 😂

• Haha
I hate the no thank you thing. Even a quick text would suffice. I've had to check things have arrived in the past because people haven't even bothered to acknowledge what I've sent has arrived. Just common curtesy to me 🤷‍♀️

I had a big birthday at the start of lockdown and sent thank you cards to everyone who sent me a present. It amazed me how much people appreciated them, I got more than yous for those than when I send gifts 😂😂
I always send thank you cards, too! They always go a long way. I try and get them out fairly quickly. Got a thank you about two weeks ago for my OH’s nephew’s christening present and I was like ??? at it then remembered it was in October last year 😂 better late than never I suppose!

Yesss, they just recently put a filter lane in where I live, other motorists do not understand it and will not let you in 🙄 I try and remember not to use it, usually ends up wit me shouting ‘IT’S MY RIGHT OF WAY YOU ****’ and them eventually letting me in before they cause me to have a head on collision. Some drivers really need to take a look at the Highway Code or in some cases just not allowed a driving licence!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Yes this!

But also people that split the bill down to the last penny when there's a difference of about 10p is annoying too :ROFLMAO:
The rule should just be be responsible, eat and drink what you can afford and pay that! People make it difficult especially if you’re not close to everyone in the group 🤕

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.