Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So glad to see someone else who thinks using the communal milk for cereal is scruffy behaviour šŸ˜‚
I'm back to say I've remembered there's someone in our place who just DRINKS the communal milk, which is even scruffier.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
WHEN did kids start this hysteria when getting presents of screaming or sobbing like youve just told them their whole family died...

Usually over an iphone or ps5... wtf is wrong with them? I dont even buy any kind of sincerity in it. Its just some weird bullshit theyve seen on youtube

• Heart
Reactions: 16
When people say ā€˜omg I was literally screaming at the tvā€™ or ā€˜I just almost choked on my coffeeā€™

no you bleeping didnā€™t though why you lying šŸ™„

And also when a post goes viral on social media and the posters friends are like ā€˜oh wow youā€™re famous I canā€™t believe itā€™ when nobody will even remember their name or the post after a day or two.

Reactions: 10
And also when a post goes viral on social media and the posters friends are like ā€˜oh wow youā€™re famous I canā€™t believe itā€™ when nobody will even remember their name or the post after a day or two.
šŸ˜‚ that happened to me, my friends went mental for it. Was a bit cringe

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My bf doesnā€™t seem to understand that we have a bin in the house! Maybe he thinks thereā€™s a fairy. I came to bed before him last night but Iā€™ve just gone downstairs and judging by the trail of chocolate wrappers, empty cans and crisp packets he has left on every surface possible I could probably retrace his every step after I came to bed. Whatā€™s so hard about tidying up your own mess before coming to bed!!

Reactions: 12
When people take their Christmas decorations down on Boxing Day. It's still Christmas, enjoy it a bit longer!

Even more annoying is when they then post a picture of their empty living room on Facebook to show they've taken it all down.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
When you donā€™t like someone and they pop up bloody every where! Wish there was a real life ignore button šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
ā€œGentle reminderā€

UGH. So patronising and weak. Just write ā€œReminder.ā€ Most people can deal with a reminder without it needing to be softened. Itā€™s usually something completely lame and neutral anyway. ā€œGentle reminder: the carpark will be closed from 5pm.ā€

šŸ˜«

• Haha
Reactions: 25
People who go the gym just to idle on the (usually leg) machines. Theyā€™re not seats to have full on convos for 15 mins. Old men are the worst culprits. Gonna be full of hogs now the new year is here. Stop loitering šŸ˜© the rest of us want to workout and get on with our day.

People on Tattle requesting others not write certain things as it's triggering. It's a bleeping annoymous gossip page, if things trigger you that much , turn your computer off and do something more constructive with your day irl where it's much easier to avoid triggering situations.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Extended family members who feel they can offer advice on a sensitive family matter when they know eff all about it, and have nothing to do with us aside from 2 phone calls per year.
Yeah we were just waiting for your words of wisdom and judgement Dickheads,.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
When people take their Christmas decorations down on Boxing Day. It's still Christmas, enjoy it a bit longer!

Even more annoying is when they then post a picture of their empty living room on Facebook to show they've taken it all down.
I can't stand the sight of it after boxing day šŸ¤£ I'd rather put my tree up a bit earlier in December, enjoy the build up, but as soon as it's done, i don't want to see anything Christmassy anymore. Move over tree, It's time for new year, new me

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
People on Tattle requesting others not write certain things as it's triggering. It's a bleeping annoymous gossip page, if things trigger you that much , turn your computer off and do something more constructive with your day irl where it's much easier to avoid triggering situations.
Absolutely.

Outside of a very specific set of circumstances, triggering is meaningless and overused.

At work once, a student asked if I could switch the video display off because it was a fish tank and she was ā€œtriggeredā€ by fish. This happened around the same time as my younger brother who was in an airstrike in Afghanistan and almost losing an arm, suffering PTSD and the possibility of actually being triggered by stuff like loud noises. Not a bloody video of a tropical fish tank just because you donā€™t like fish.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
When ppl are self proclaimed huggers and thats a reasonable excuse to invade your personal non hugger space... get lost!!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Iā€™m staying at my boyfriendā€™s place and one of his neighbourā€™s came and knocked at the door at 8am (Boxing Day!) asking if he had taken a parcel in for her last week. I was fuming šŸ˜‚

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Iā€™m staying at my boyfriendā€™s place and one of his neighbourā€™s came and knocked at the door at 8am (Boxing Day!) asking if he had taken a parcel in for her last week. I was fuming šŸ˜‚
Why did he answer šŸ¤£

Reactions: 1
Why did he answer šŸ¤£
He was still in bed, I was up as I was getting a drink and the door went. I looked through the peep hole and went to tell him thereā€™s a random woman at the door and he goes ā€œwell answer it then, but Iā€™m in bed and Iā€™m not getting upā€

who the duck knocks on someoneā€™s door for a parcel that apparently got delivered a week ago At 8am on Boxing Day?!

(He didnā€™t even have the parcel, must have been delivered to another neighbour

• Haha
Reactions: 6
When people say ā€˜omg I was literally screaming at the tvā€™ or ā€˜I just almost choked on my coffeeā€™

no you bleeping didnā€™t though why you lying šŸ™„
This. When I see it typed ten times in succession on say, a Twitter thread, it just bloody kills the joke. Everyone's "screaming", "dying" or are "dead!" šŸ™„

My bf doesnā€™t seem to understand that we have a bin in the house! Maybe he thinks thereā€™s a fairy. I came to bed before him last night but Iā€™ve just gone downstairs and judging by the trail of chocolate wrappers, empty cans and crisp packets he has left on every surface possible I could probably retrace his every step after I came to bed. Whatā€™s so hard about tidying up your own mess before coming to bed!!
My husband rarely made the bed when he got out of it in the morning. Im generally out of bed first. It's a duvet so making the bed consists of straightening it up.

I told him the pixies must make this bed up.

Then I sing "the pixies they have been" repeatedly whilst I straighten the bed and this has had a bit of success because 50% of the time now he will straighten the bed ...
as opposed to 1 in every 10 times before

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.