Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
About 5ft away from the side of my house is a small green area with a tree planted on it, my kitchen window looks out directly on this green space. My neighbours from round the corner used to always without fail put their bins on the green every single week on a Thursday (bin day is Friday), and they would remain there until some point over the weekend. It wasn’t just one house, it was 3 houses doing it. Didn’t really bother me when the bins would only be there for 1-2 days. However, since the beginning of summer, one of the houses permanently left their green bin there after bin day, and then after bin day the following week left their black bin there too. They also decided to wheel their very full brown garden waste bin there too which has never once been collected by the bin company, as I think you have to pay for it/book in advance. This then caused tbe other two neighbours to also permanently leave their green and black bins on the green too over the last 6 weeks. Yesterday I was in the kitchen and saw one of the neighbours walk from round the corner with a bin bag of rubbish, put it in their bin on the green and then walk back to their house. It literally infuriated me, it’s just so unnecessary. It’s a new build development so green spaces and trees are scarce, plus why would you not take your bin back with you?! I was cooking so couldn’t go out to say something, but shortly after I went out and dragged all the bins back to their houses (they all had house number stickers on them luckily) and put them all at the ends of their driveways blocking their cars, so they would need to move them. Hopefully they get the hint and actually take their bins back after bin days now, but if not I will knock and politely ask they do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
About 5ft away from the side of my house is a small green area with a tree planted on it, my kitchen window looks out directly on this green space. My neighbours from round the corner used to always without fail put their bins on the green every single week on a Thursday (bin day is Friday), and they would remain there until some point over the weekend. It wasn’t just one house, it was 3 houses doing it. Didn’t really bother me when the bins would only be there for 1-2 days. However, since the beginning of summer, one of the houses permanently left their green bin there after bin day, and then after bin day the following week left their black bin there too. They also decided to wheel their very full brown garden waste bin there too which has never once been collected by the bin company, as I think you have to pay for it/book in advance. This then caused tbe other two neighbours to also permanently leave their green and black bins on the green too over the last 6 weeks. Yesterday I was in the kitchen and saw one of the neighbours walk from round the corner with a bin bag of rubbish, put it in their bin on the green and then walk back to their house. It literally infuriated me, it’s just so unnecessary. It’s a new build development so green spaces and trees are scarce, plus why would you not take your bin back with you?! I was cooking so couldn’t go out to say something, but shortly after I went out and dragged all the bins back to their houses (they all had house number stickers on them luckily) and put them all at the ends of their driveways blocking their cars, so they would need to move them. Hopefully they get the hint and actually take their bins back after bin days now, but if not I will knock and politely ask they do it.
There was a lady near me who would leave her bin outside my home for days, she lived on the next road .. She doesn't do it anymore as her bins mysteriously went walkabout every time she did it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
My god some people are so strange, don't blame you for taking them back. With it being a new build estate are there not certain standards that need to be met so you could put a complaint in if needed? I've never lived in a new build but friends and family who have I'm sure they have to keep up a certain image? I could be getting it wrong

Reactions: 6
My parents have a one cup kettle and the amount of water it dispenses is rubbish! Who wants half a cup of tea?

Reactions: 9
There was a lady near me who would leave her bin outside my home for days, she lived on the next road .. She doesn't do it anymore as her bins mysteriously went walkabout every time she did it.
I was incredibly tempted to take their bins and hide them in my back garden 😂

My god some people are so strange, don't blame you for taking them back. With it being a new build estate are there not certain standards that need to be met so you could put a complaint in if needed? I've never lived in a new build but friends and family who have I'm sure they have to keep up a certain image? I could be getting it wrong
Yeah there are, not sure it says anything about bins though

Reactions: 3
I'd be tempted to put a garden ornament or rock on the green so they can't park the bins there. Neighbours can be so annoying.

The word “Chrismukkah.”

I have no issue with people celebrating Hanukkah alongside Christmas (we just do Hanukkah - whatever) but this word makes me feel physically sick.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
The word “Chrismukkah.”

I have no issue with people celebrating Hanukkah alongside Christmas (we just do Hanukkah - whatever) but this word makes me feel physically sick.
Not heard this one until your post. It's horrible.

Reactions: 8
The word “Chrismukkah.”

First time I heard that was Seth on The OC using it , not sure if that's where it came from though

Reactions: 1
I'd be tempted to put a garden ornament or rock on the green so they can't park the bins there. Neighbours can be so annoying.
It’s not my land so I technically can’t put anything there. Otherwise I would definitely!

Reactions: 1
People eating their breakfast in work. I don't want to hear that scraping the last bit of cereal noise, just get up 10mins earlier and have your breakfast at home like everyone else 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 17
People eating their breakfast in work. I don't want to hear that scraping the last bit of cereal noise, just get up 10mins earlier and have your breakfast at home like everyone else 😬
Or in the case of us commuters, it’s a care of too long between breakfast and lunch if I breakfast at 5 it’s too long till 12-1 whereas 8 is not so bad

Anyone else got an inconsiderate shitbag colleague who eats their cereal at work using the communal milk??
Every 9 months or so someone will be doing this and be clocked for it and gossiped about, but it takes a while for the naming-no-names pass-agg all-staff email to go round reminding everyone that the milk is for teas & coffees only. 🙄
You'd think it would be new starters, but for the last almost 2 years it's been the same arrogant dicksplash who tries it on every few months till he can't get away with it. 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 6
Anyone else got an inconsiderate shitbag colleague who eats their cereal at work using the communal milk??
Every 9 months or so someone will be doing this and be clocked for it and gossiped about, but it takes a while for the naming-no-names pass-agg all-staff email to go round reminding everyone that the milk is for teas & coffees only. 🙄
You'd think it would be new starters, but for the last almost 2 years it's been the same arrogant dicksplash who tries it on every few months till he can't get away with it. 🙄🙄🙄
Oh yes! This crossed my mind when I posted but I don't do milk so I am thankfully exempt from that palaver. I still have to hear all about it every few weeks though....

I think putting up with the smell of porridge in the micro, the sound of scraping the last crumb of cereal out of the bowl and dirty dishes left in the (work) kitchen is quite enough 🙄

And for any hungry early risers/commuters - bring a snack or a sandwich with you for elevenses, just not your flipping breakfast!!

I'm on a roll now 😂!!

Children in restaurants. I so wish it was normal to have a child sitting zone and a no child sitting zone- like 20 years ago when there was smoking/no smoking in pubs and restaurants. Can’t tell you how many recent meals have been ruined by kids sitting nearby me, screaming, throwing food and their parents just sitting there and not interacting with them. I get kids can be hard work but surely it’s more stressful bringing them into an environment they hate and people around you getting annoyed 🤷🏽‍♀️
and people will look at you like you've got horns and a spiked tail when you start getting frustrated!

Reactions: 7
So glad to see someone else who thinks using the communal milk for cereal is scruffy behaviour 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh yes! This crossed my mind when I posted but I don't do milk so I am thankfully exempt from that palaver. I still have to hear all about it every few weeks though....
Omg I don't use milk either! Office bullshit is irresistible though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2

I think putting up with the smell of porridge in the micro, the sound of scraping the last crumb of cereal out of the bowl and dirty dishes left in the (work) kitchen is quite enough 🙄

And for any hungry early risers/commuters - bring a snack or a sandwich with you for elevenses, just not your flipping breakfast!!

I'm on a roll now 😂!!
I take granola with yoghurt in a plastic container and bung it in the dishwasher.

I take granola with yoghurt in a plastic container and bung it in the dishwasher.
Probably also not acceptable cause that means scraping the container at least a bit lol.

God I'm glad I WFH now and can eat my breakfast in peace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.