Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely.

Outside of a very specific set of circumstances, triggering is meaningless and overused.

At work once, a student asked if I could switch the video display off because it was a fish tank and she was “triggered” by fish. This happened around the same time as my younger brother who was in an airstrike in Afghanistan and almost losing an arm, suffering PTSD and the possibility of actually being triggered by stuff like loud noises. Not a bloody video of a tropical fish tank just because you don’t like fish.

exactly, it ruins the genuine purpose of having trigger warnings and being able to say that something is triggering in the first place. people take the bleeping piss and essentially mock those that actually need it for things like childhood abuse, sexual or war ptsd etc.

so when those people are brave enough to say that something is triggering to them (and rightfully so) they won't be taken seriously and will be put in the same bracket as miss ah fish tanks : (( scarwy

Reactions: 10
This. When I see it typed ten times in succession on say, a Twitter thread, it just bloody kills the joke. Everyone's "screaming", "dying" or are "dead!" 🙄
The use of 'dead' has reminded me I've seen people use 'deadass' instead of 'seriously', eg. They say 'I deadass thought she was joking'

Reactions: 3
Materialistic, shallow witch of the year here 🙋🏻‍♀️

people who say they can’t afford to buy Christmas presents and then follow up with “do you want to see photos of the super expensive holiday we’ve just booked?”

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Materialistic, shallow witch of the year here 🙋🏻‍♀️

people who say they can’t afford to buy Christmas presents and then follow up with “do you want to see photos of the super expensive holiday we’ve just booked?”
Not even just for Christmas this kind of behaviour. So many ppl I know cant afford taxis so begging lifts, constantly dropping out of nights out because they have no money, sulking about gas and electric and food prices. Then show up like you say with braggy holidays or new cars... if you werent paying more than my mortgage for your crap audi you can barely drive you might not be fretting about your gas bill...

Reactions: 8
Not even just for Christmas this kind of behaviour. So many ppl I know cant afford taxis so begging lifts, constantly dropping out of nights out because they have no money, sulking about gas and electric and food prices. Then show up like you say with braggy holidays or new cars... if you werent paying more than my mortgage for your crap audi you can barely drive you might not be fretting about your gas bill...
Right?! It’s the ultimate first world problem, but I don’t have much money either and I still managed to scrape together £10 to buy them something they’d like. I’m just crabby because I’m tired of some family members getting a free ride when they don’t need it

Reactions: 6
exactly, it ruins the genuine purpose of having trigger warnings and being able to say that something is triggering in the first place. people take the bleeping piss and essentially mock those that actually need it for things like childhood abuse, sexual or war ptsd etc.

so when those people are brave enough to say that something is triggering to them (and rightfully so) they won't be taken seriously and will be put in the same bracket as miss ah fish tanks : (( scarwy
Harsh but no matter what reason someone has for being triggered, it is incumbent on them to manage themselves (or not), not to expect complete strangers to sanitise their posts on the off chance it triggers someone. Life is tit, tit things happen to lots of people every day, avoiding any mention of tit doesn't lead to long term recovery. We have indulged people for far too long,.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Asked if we had bacon so I could have a bacon sandwich. I got offered yoghurt instead...

• Haha
  • Heart
British people suddenly spelling Mum, Mom, I mean seriously, you've lived in the UK your entire life, you have no American relatives, you probably haven't even visited the US so why the duck are you using Mom, tossers. I lived in the US for 7 years, my mum is still my mum ffs

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I annoy myself so much. I am such a massive introvert. Christmas drains my social battery like nothing else and prior to christmas I've agree to TWO social gatherings at my house over the next couple of days and now im sat DREADING tomorrow 😂 no offence to the visitors but please leave by 9pm... thanks... 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I annoy myself so much. I am such a massive introvert. Christmas drains my social battery like nothing else and prior to christmas I've agree to TWO social gatherings at my house over the next couple of days and now im sat DREADING tomorrow 😂 no offence to the visitors but please leave by 9pm... thanks... 😂
We’ve had two lots of visitors today, and my husband was ill so I had to be the main hostess and do all the chat. I’m wiped out, to be honest! 😬😆

• Heart
  • Sad
My husband rarely made the bed when he got out of it in the morning. Im generally out of bed first. It's a duvet so making the bed consists of straightening it up.

I told him the pixies must make this bed up.

Then I sing "the pixies they have been" repeatedly whilst I straighten the bed and this has had a bit of success because 50% of the time now he will straighten the bed ...
as opposed to 1 in every 10 times before
Do you not air the bed?

Reactions: 2
British people suddenly spelling Mum, Mom, I mean seriously, you've lived in the UK your entire life, you have no American relatives, you probably haven't even visited the US so why the duck are you using Mom, tossers. I lived in the US for 7 years, my mum is still my mum ffs
To be fair, some people in the UK have always used mom.
I have a friend from Walsall and one from Sheffield and both use Mom. They have done all their lives so it has zero to do with the US. Perhaps it’s a regional thing, I don’t know.

Reactions: 11
fellow (very sensitive) introvert here. tonight i sat in the corner by the tree, wrapped in a blanket, completely stone faced (with the life drained from me) as multiple drunk people pretended to be moose while playing charades

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

fellow (very sensitive) introvert here. tonight i sat in the corner by the tree, wrapped in a blanket, completely stone faced (with the life drained from me) as multiple drunk people pretended to be moose while playing charades

Yep! I hear ya!

8A46EF98-6123-419D-A37A-EB25B225687B.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
1) Couldn’t sleep last night and 2) was listening to Nick Abbot’s A-Z in bed which didn’t help as some idiot rang in pronouncing iguanas ig-U-ah-nah so they all kept pronouncing it that way. It’s uh·gwaa·nuh 🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 4
[QUOTE="TwooTwooTwitTwitTwoo, post: 13214814, member: 61713"

Also, Asda have changed their 24 packs of toilet roll into 12 larger sized rolls. I'm yet to check the sheet per roll value compared to the 24 pack but I intend too. I currently feel irritated every time I look at a roll 😅.
[/QUOTE]

It’s very thin & you have to use more sheets 😒

• Sad
My friend says things like “I’ve got all the children coming for Christmas dinner.”
They are in their 40’s!
I suggested she says family, but she insists that would mean her brother, sister and in-laws as well.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.