Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair Highway Code is that pedestrians should walk/run facing oncoming traffic. Can see if his light was bright that would be distracting though.

Should be law though that pedestrians have to wear some form of reflective clothing in the dark. Even with streetlights on its very hard to see people wearing dark clothing
I doubt the law was accounting for people with LED lights on their heads in the pitch black making people think it was a car/bike on the wrong side of the road.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
To be fair Highway Code is that pedestrians should walk/run facing oncoming traffic. Can see if his light was bright that would be distracting though.

Should be law though that pedestrians have to wear some form of reflective clothing in the dark. Even with streetlights on its very hard to see people wearing dark clothing
The road is also a public highway so he had every right to be there. The entitlement that drivers have towards roads and who should be using them is another annoyance of mine. Cycliist, Pedestrians, Horses, etc all have the legal right to be on the road and it is incumbent on car drivers to acknowledge that and drive accordingly. A friend of mine had the skin of her horses rump ripped off by a driver driving too fast on a country lane.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
The road is also a public highway so he had every right to be there. The entitlement that drivers have towards roads and who should be using them is another annoyance of mine. Cycliist, Pedestrians, Horses, etc all have the legal right to be on the road and it is incumbent on car drivers to acknowledge that and drive accordingly. A friend of mine had the skin of her horses rump ripped off by a driver driving too fast on a country lane.
They also need to take responsibility. running on a very narrow bendy country lane with overgrown hedgerows in the pitch black with a blinding headlight on your head is very stupid. I would never drive fast down the lanes.
My family are all cyclists so I'm fully aware of what might be around a bend.

Reactions: 11
It's not about entitlement, it's about the lack of any self preservation behaviour in those pedestrians. If it's a road that's used by cars then it should be common sense to be careful and try to make themselves visible. What is a person in a car supposed to do, not drive on that road in case there might be someone walking on a road with no pavement?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Common sense though isn’t it to cross if it’s a blind bend? I wouldn’t want to take my chances.

Reactions: 5
Stay safe out there everyone , just had a bit of scary experience.

Pulled out of mcds car park onto a little road which would be 10mph max and then this car comes behind beeping and flashing, I did see it it was dark and pouring down so maybe I was in the wrong but I didn't do anything major not anywhere near q crash or anything and he pulls up beside me as the the traffic lights were on red and stares into my car and then pulls in front of me as the other car pulls off

I got onto the next road and managed to get 2 cars ahead of him partly because he pissed me off but mainly because I wanted to stay away from him

I'm then driving to drop my boyfriend at the pub and he's now behind me and I'm paranoid he's following me , I turn off to a side street near the pub and pull over near the pavement and he pulls beside me again staring and smirking then drives off , I drove off and turned the car around before letting my boyfriend out just to make he sure he had gone and didn't want him following him into the pub and start a fight or something

Don't know what his aim was from following me , I've pissed you off just flash and beep then move on , absolute weirdo and I had my young child in the back just glad nothing worse happend

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm sure this will be unpopular with the country road haters but my friend taught me "County Cork Cornering" as I would describe it. The art of briefly (for a second) switching off your headlights approaching a bend so you can see another set of headlights approaching if there is one. It does actually work but was clearly designed by people who like driving fast down (generally empty) country roads and don't mind tearing up and making a bonfire from the highway code book.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ordered some furniture in the Next sale thinking yeah it won't arrive for ages...Received an e mail...it's coming December 31st apparently!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I live in the countryside, it’s a good 20 minute country lane drive whichever way you leave the village to get on a main road, guaranteed daily to come across either someone walking their dog on a blind bend or a cyclist!!
Or someone riding a horse! Where I'm staying at the moment is in the country, and cars hoon up and down the roads and around the bends ... meanwhile, I'm driving at 20km/h "just in case".

Reactions: 3
I have never expected a HGV to move over . its far easier for me to adjust my speed.

I agree with the first two though.
So what then, when you have already reduced your speed to practically 20mph and they are still not budging!!!

Reactions: 1
What have PG Tips done to their t-bags? I'm presuming it's something to do with reducing plastic but they disintegrate really easily now and ruin the cup of tea. It's such a waste.

Also, Asda have changed their 24 packs of toilet roll into 12 larger sized rolls. I'm yet to check the sheet per roll value compared to the 24 pack but I intend too. I currently feel irritated every time I look at a roll 😅.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Speaking of tea i bought m&s teabags while i was in there quickly, thinking these will be the dogs nuts but actually it’s like dogs piss! 😂 I prefer co op tea!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Bloody asda today for a click and collect .... they used to have lockers which haven't been used since before lockdown ....

In lockdown we would park near the side staff entrance and they brought it out (not an official pick up point) and then they changed it you had to go inside to customer service to collect....

We went today for the first time in ages and my partner went inside while I waited and they said go to the collection point so I started driving over and the lockers have completely gone so he went back to customer service and pretty much made out he was daft for not knowing it had gone back to collecting from the side entrance 😠 I checked the email and app and absolutely no instructions are given of where to go

If they are going to use an ipad at a restaurant then they should at least also bring kiddie sized headphones so that no-one else has to listen to Peppa pig’s grating voice.
There used to be a woman on the bus I took to work, some years ago, with a child in a buggy and Peppa Pig playing for the child on a tablet. Not what anyone wanted to listen to, on the way to work. Ugh.

There used to be a woman on the bus I took to work, some years ago, with a child in a buggy and Peppa Pig playing for the child on a tablet. Not what anyone wanted to listen to, on the way to work. Ugh.
It could have been worse..she could have been singing to it..”the wheels on the bus go round and round…”

Reactions: 4
Another train/bus thing. When you overhear someone spouting a lot of nonsense, like totally inaccurate bollocks that they’re insisting is fact. Especially if they’re talking about something you know quite a lot about. It takes all I’ve got not to interrupt and tell them how wrong they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Children in restaurants. I so wish it was normal to have a child sitting zone and a no child sitting zone- like 20 years ago when there was smoking/no smoking in pubs and restaurants. Can’t tell you how many recent meals have been ruined by kids sitting nearby me, screaming, throwing food and their parents just sitting there and not interacting with them. I get kids can be hard work but surely it’s more stressful bringing them into an environment they hate and people around you getting annoyed 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.