Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bgr101

VIP Member
I have a feeling this may be coming too. I’ve seen so much about how she hates some of the music they do - especially Black Magic which is one of their biggest hits - and despises performing them time and time again.
For jesy not to even post something on instagram ref her "illness" or for none of the girls to wish her well is very odd. Def more going on behind the scenes. Youd need to be on your death bed to miss hosting the ema's. She lets the other girls down a lot. She may have mental ill health and if so she needs help to manage it or else just quit.

Reactions: 20
The fact that their still writing/singing songs about breakups is just about sad, it makes her seem like she’s not moved on, she really needs to let go, in a nice way, holding onto an ex that hurt you is gonna hurt you still and gonna upset Zayn (will never forgot the period of ‘Zayn hate’ when he was depressed), Gigi (honestly I don’t think she cares anymore but it definitely hurt her at first) and Alex like how does she think he feels that she’s still not moved on after 5 years.
There's 4 members of Little Mix, they won't be writing just from Perrie's experience so not sure how 'holding on to an ex' applies? If it was solo material I understand but the other 3 members have been in and out of relationships!

M.fairy

Chatty Member
If she quits the band what will she do? she’s not popular enough to be a solo artist, probably not likeable enough to be a presenter, Simon won’t let her judge any of his tv shows. If she leaves the band it won’t really change anything, I think they won’t lose any fans and the other 3 will carry on going on and she’ll just get pissy about it

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
I'm started to think she was fed up being compared to the others in the group and that's why she quit
I don’t think she quit at all. I think she was given no choice but to leave. It will come out in the wash eventually but I think she has been off her face on drink/drugs over the last few years and that combined with her mental health issues made her a liability for the record company and she was told to go and put a front on that she quit or they would drop her and say why. The “I quit because I want to work on myself and my mental health” line is nothing but PR spin.

S4buk

VIP Member
Think I’ve mentioned this in the celeb gossip thread many moons ago. My friend was at a spa with her (then) fiancé and met Leigh-Ann and her now fiancé. She said they were both so incredibly lovely. My friend had no idea who either of them were and they hung out a lot over the few days they were there. My friend asked her what she did for a living and she simply said ‘oh I’m a singer’ but didn’t mention the fact she was in LM or in any way famous. It was only when she got back and saw them on tv that she realised who she was.

I know there is (understandably) a lot of shit about her fiancé’s actions previously etc but yeah, apparently they were great. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: 19

Readread

VIP Member
I'm leaning more towards her being in rehab. If she was leaving, it would be strange to mislead people and say it's for "medical reasons". From a PR perspective, it would be more appropriate to say "personal reasons". Just my opinion.

loe

Might she be going in the jungle?
they’ve already announced the line up last week but tbf I couldn’t imagine her going on there without control and no makeup she’d be a nightmare, in her documentary chris said it took 6 months before he was allowed to see her without makeup never mind millions of people every night! Could see any of the other girls doing well on there though

• Wow

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
There must have been a falling out. It makes no sense why the others, who perpetuate such a female empowerment and sisterhood against all odds vibe, would not at least comment or like her post about leaving. It makes no sense at all that they’d be told to not do that. They are their own people at the end of the day and I find it hard to believe that they would be controlled to such a degree that they’d be asked to refrain from publicly supporting someone who they worked/travelled/lived/ was friends with for ten years. There must have been a bust up. I feel like they’ll just act like she never existed from now on, and she’ll be airbrushed out. I don’t think we’ll be getting any major scoop on what actually happened but I’d hazard a guess that things didn’t end amicably

LinaLamont

I’m actually sick of her already. I thought by leaving LM she’d take the time to sort her head out and stay away from the spotlight and I was really rooting for her but literally nothing has changed. I can’t have sympathy for someone who constantly cries about her insecurities and the effects of social media but continues to feed off it

Elvis4525

On Snapchat and this came up as an ad! I find it crazy that this looks worse than something cardi b etc would wear and they aren’t aimed at young children! Little mix fans are mainly kids! What is the need for this 🤦🏻‍♀️
I don’t think little mix ever asked or tried to be aimed at kids though 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart

Silverback

VIP Member
I just watched Jesy’s documentary for the first time this evening. I thought she came across as a lovely person, but very troubled and definitely struggling with issues around dysmorphia and shame. When she couldn’t bear to look at photos of herself from her X Factor era I could completely relate to that as I can’t bear to look at photos of myself from the years I was abused as a child- I just feel utter disgust when I look at them. I haven’t managed to work through that even 30 years later and I can’t imagine how it must feel being in the public eye and constantly criticised. It must be pure hell.

I really hope she is alright and her illness isn’t an OD as rumoured. She has been through enough, bless her.

TJ90

VIP Member
Paparazzi are the worst, I know 99% of them are set up and paid but I highly doubt hers are because she looks so exhausted... hope she is left alone?
Someone will have informed them unfortunately. She has that vacant look I did after a breakdown when they just filled me with enough tablets to function albeit like a zombie.

• Heart

Cotedazur

IMO there’s no way this is a PR stunt - it would be capitalising on Jesy’s mental health issues, which is totally wrong on all levels.

under the ivy

VIP Member
Oh Jesy... she really doesn't need to seek this validation. I am now thinking it's not so much about hiding from the public eye, but wanting to no longer be compared to the other 3 ladies, perhaps? The "pressures of being in girlband" comment makes me think of this now. I think she was done with Little Mix but is not done with social media validation? I dunno...
I’m just speaking from my personal experience of having severe mental health illnesses, the last thing I want to do is post a picture of myself. I know everyone experiences MH differently. I wonder if it is a validation thing, who knows. But doesn’t sit right with me.

Reactions: 18

Lara98

Chatty Member
To be fair if we look at one direction and fifth harmony after Zayn and Camila left they only managed another year or so before their hiatus but then again they were both the two most popular members.

I think if Perrie or Jade left there would be an issue and it would go the same way as 5H and 1D but I think little mix could work as a trio.
I don’t think Zayn was the most popular member, yes he was liked but I think anyone 1D fan can agree Harry was the most popular 😅 however Zayn had the most incredible vocals in the group that’s for sure!
I think even if Zayn stayed on the band, they would’ve still gone on a hiatus in 2016 tbh. They were so overworked it was only about time & they had made their 5th album so somewhere in the contract it probs said they Could stop then but it just so happened that Zayn left just before.
As much as I loved Zayn the other boys personalities carried the group and I don’t think Zayn leaving really impacted the group, where as if Harry did then yeah I think it would’ve.

I think if Jesy leaves then it’ll be the same case as the other 3 are strong enough to carry on as a trio.

NParker

Chatty Member
As harsh as it sounds, I wouldn't be surprised if once the novelty of leaving is over she ends up in an even worse place, like so many other girlband/boyband members who become forgotten and left in the past.

• Sad

Lemontree04

Chatty Member
Am I the only one who thinks Little Mix would be more likeable without Jesy? I've never warmed to her 🥴
A few years ago, she was full of personality and so much fun during interviews. Now she looks miserable most of the time and is dragging the other girls down as well.
She also had a panic attack during their live lounge performance. Jade and Leigh tried to calm her down while Perrie just stood a few meters apart and looked sort of annoyed?
It must be exhausting for the other girls as well. That's why I think it'd be better if she left the band and worked on her well-being.

Also, has anyone posted this bit from a Dutch interview? It's obvious she's over it and prefers the lazy, chill life:

• Sad

Elmhart

I'd put money on it being MH related. The stigma is still there and generally a reason for cancelling is declared when its physical health related.