Little Mix #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it slightly different (boybands) but I don’t remember 1D members taking so long to roll out their solos projects

Does the general public even care what the girls have to offer now? I feel like the buzz around them has gone

Even with Leigh-Anne doing no promo for a few weeks - she’s forgettable

Reactions: 13
I’m speaking from the perspective of someone who likes a lot of their music and liked them as a band/thinks they were good performers. Rather than bring a fan. I really don’t have a interest in their solo careers. It’s interesting to watch (hence being on this thread!), especially how Jesy and Leigh Anne haven’t managed to make much of an impact yet. But don’t really care if the others do or don’t release stuff. I’ll listen out of interest though.

I do think their is a bit of ageism potentially as I have seen comments (not here) about them being to “old” to start big solo careers and be competing with the pop girls. It’s crazy as they’re so young and there’s plenty of female artists who are out there still dancing in their 40s and 50s.

But I think them having done 10 years in the band makes them seem older than they actually are now. I do think they’ll be like the spice girls in that none of them will be more successful than the band. Thought Cheryl came close to it when fight for this love came out but she plateaued too. Crazy to think Beyoncé was only 22 when she went solo.

Reactions: 8
TBH at this rate it is inevitable they will reunite in future , money don’t last forever and if nothing takes off that’s their only option 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I think it doesn't help that for all it was made a point there was no lead singer, the only two to release solo work thus far are the two who most needed a group.
Although they grew and improved in their years as a group, Jesy and Leigh have voices that would have needed either great songs or great stage presence for success.

Reactions: 14
I think it doesn't help that for all it was made a point there was no lead singer, the only two to release solo work thus far are the two who most needed a group.
Although they grew and improved in their years as a group, Jesy and Leigh have voices that would have needed either great songs or great stage presence for success.
i feel them 2 felt like they had something to prove to everyone due to their own insecurities of being in the band whereas everyone was aware of how talented Jade and Perrie and i feel like they dont have to prove anything and when they do release something it will be because they want to

I’m not complaining as it’s tattle and what do I expect but I do miss when this was more a rage thread :( I still love the girls (bar Jesy).
---
Rave thread not rage 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I’m not complaining as it’s tattle and what do I expect but I do miss when this was more a rage thread :( I still love the girls (bar Jesy).
---
Rave thread not rage 🤣
I actually think for a tattle thread, this one is fairly balanced.

I personally still like all 3 girls, but naturally when the spotlight is on any of them solo the criticism becomes solely theirs rather than being shared with the group.

Majority of musicians 12 years in won’t be itching to get at anything more tbh, especially the ones who have experienced social media, they’re almost over it, and that’s kind of what I see with Jade and Perrie.

I know it slightly different (boybands) but I don’t remember 1D members taking so long to roll out their solos projects

Does the general public even care what the girls have to offer now? I feel like the buzz around them has gone

Even with Leigh-Anne doing no promo for a few weeks - she’s forgettable
Harry took 2 years and the first was Niall who was a year. Not including Zayn

Harry took 2 years and the first was Niall who was a year. Not including Zayn
That's interesting that Harry took two years since Jade is signed to the same management company (but a different team I'd imagine). I'm not sure if the management company is fully in charge of planning the roll-out of a career but I wonder if they're doing something similar with Jade?

Reactions: 4
That's interesting that Harry took two years since Jade is signed to the same management company (but a different team I'd imagine). I'm not sure if the management company is fully in charge of planning the roll-out of a career but I wonder if they're doing something similar with Jade?
Someone on Popjustice a while ago did suggest her management team were the ones who changed things. Obviously could not be true though.

IMG_8888.jpeg

Weirdly, I can across this on TikTok the other day and hearing them sing the chorus individually makes me nervous. Perrie does sound the best but I don’t know, I’m not feeling all the positive about Jade and Perrie. I don’t know if there is a place for them, there isn’t many solo female singers at a high arena style level, I can only think of Dua Lipa (not including the obvious like Beyoncé). I feel like Jade might be like Raye, always bubbling at the surface but never breaking out. And I think Perrie might be like Anne-Marie, does well, a household name but not at Dua’s level.

I feel like Perrie Is going to be a solo version of Little Mix, she’s got the same writers, producers, management and PR as the girls had.

Reactions: 1
Leigh posted a story the other day with a Chris Brown song. Do people actually still listen to him?

Reactions: 2
Leigh posted a story the other day with a Chris Brown song. Do people actually still listen to him?
I don't purely of principal. People still listen to Elvis, mj etc so there's an argument for "separating the artist from the art".

Weirdly, I can across this on TikTok the other day and hearing them sing the chorus individually makes me nervous. Perrie does sound the best but I don’t know, I’m not feeling all the positive about Jade and Perrie. I don’t know if there is a place for them, there isn’t many solo female singers at a high arena style level, I can only think of Dua Lipa (not including the obvious like Beyoncé). I feel like Jade might be like Raye, always bubbling at the surface but never breaking out. And I think Perrie might be like Anne-Marie, does well, a household name but not at Dua’s level.

I feel like Perrie Is going to be a solo version of Little Mix, she’s got the same writers, producers, management and PR as the girls had.

I still think Jade has the best chances as a solo artist. Perrie has the best voice in my opinion, but I don't think she has the drive, nor does she have a voice that can be easily used for pop samples or a variety of genres to give her a lot of options.
If she were a strong songwriter and driven performer I'd think she'll do well, but I don't foresee her really driving a career forward without a group to keep her moving.

Jade in my opinion has the best combination of media prowess, voice, and drive.
I can see her working with people and popping up on a lot of samples, and I can actually imagine her managing to put together a full album, and being willing to tour it.

Perrie’s mum and cousin need to stage an intervention for those eyebrows. Or tackle them themselves Ab Fab style.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.