Little Mix #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so on the fence. I do think it could do well on the radio but they need to push it there

Reactions: 5
Definitely gonna flop unless she pulls an absolute banger out of the woodwork. Should have been more memorable than this for a debut, it’s just like a tit non video LM song they use as an album filler.

Reactions: 4
Unfortunately I don't think this sounds strong at all. Sounds like a mabel album track

Will be interested to see if she beats Jesys first week sales of 34k

Agree with @Tommyb, I just want her to beat Jesy! I genuinely hope they all do well solo but it's not the strongest start.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
sorry but I hate it 😭 obv gonna listen to the full thing when it's out but the snippet definitely didn't do it for me

Her voice sounds great on it. I just don’t think its going to be good enough to catch the eyes of people that aren’t following her because of the group.

Reactions: 6
The chorus worries me, doesn’t seem that great but it’s only a snippet. My judgment on her has always been she isn’t strong enough vocally to be a solo singer.
Many a popular soloist isn't a particularly strong singer, but they have either the It factor, the songwriting skill, or the marketing push to be popular.

I think this song could do well, as it is radio-friendly, but it doesn't stick out to me as one that can perform on the likes of Tiktok, which seems to be a very strong marketing tool presently for music.

Reactions: 2
Unfortunately I don't think this sounds strong at all. Sounds like a mabel album track

Will be interested to see if she beats Jesys first week sales of 34k
Jesy got 34k because people wanted to hate listen, so I wouldn’t be surprised if LA does the same or less because no one’s hate listening

Reactions: 3
Definitely gonna flop unless she pulls an absolute banger out of the woodwork. Should have been more memorable than this for a debut, it’s just like a tit non video LM song they use as an album filler.
I don't think it even sounds like an album filler LM song, I can't think of a single one it sounds like. It's more like UK radio music, imo. But the British public do seem to eat that up, even if it isn't my taste at all.

Many a popular soloist isn't a particularly strong singer, but they have either the It factor, the songwriting skill, or the marketing push to be popular.

I think this song could do well, as it is radio-friendly, but it doesn't stick out to me as one that can perform on the likes of Tiktok, which seems to be a very strong marketing tool presently for music.
That's the thing though if the song isn't strong you have to have something else going for you like a showstopping personality (Jade) or a once in a lifetime voice (Perrie), I know that sounds absolutely wicked but it's just the name of the game, it's a cut throat industry out there and I would not have the gall to put myself out there like that if I didn't already have that backing or knew my song was an absolute blinder. It just isn't. It's not 'bad', her voice is nice, but it's just nothing new you know?

Reactions: 14
her voice works for the current music trends, but i can’t see her having a long solo singing career.

I honestly think she should have stuck to acting as she would do pretty well in that area imo and would possible have longevity.

her voice works for the current music trends, but i can’t see her having a long solo singing career.

I honestly think she should have stuck to acting as she would do pretty well in that area imo and would possible have longevity.
Was her movie good? I’ve not got around to watching it?

Reactions: 1
Was her movie good? I’ve not got around to watching it?
it was an ok movie, hit the xmas movie spot during those Days in between, would recommend watching during that period otherwise it falls pretty flat lol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.