Little Mix #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How did that happen? I thought she was heading for #3?
She’s being out streamed by everyone else in the top 15 apparently, I think it was the pre-ordered signed/physical CDs that boosted her up to #3 in the first place. Basically it’s being held up by mixers, the gp aren’t really feeling it.
---
Editing to add the current numbers for anyone interested. It really is being held up by physical sales.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
She’s being out streamed by everyone else in the top 15 apparently, I think it was the pre-ordered signed/physical CDs that boosted her up to #3 in the first place. Basically it’s being held up by mixers, the gp aren’t really feeling it.
---
Editing to add the current numbers for anyone interested. It really is being held up by physical sales.
That’s made me feel really old. I only know 5 of the top 30! At one point I could have named every song in there, oh to be young again!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
---
It’s a shame but the song just isn’t strong enough. Hopefully her next single attracts more attention

Reactions: 4
I wonder did she have to unask Jesy or was it just a given at the point that she unasked the other two. Basically wondering if it was before or after the fall out.

I wonder did she have to unask Jesy or was it just a given at the point that she unasked the other two. Basically wondering if it was before or after the fall out.
Her friendship group is absolutely massive, I’m not even sure if the other two were asked.

Her friendship group is absolutely massive, I’m not even sure if the other two were asked.
They did an interview where they all said they were! That's why I'm wondering.

Also she's #11.

Edit: maybe I imagined she said that because I can't find it, haha

Reactions: 1
They did an interview where they all said they were! That's why I'm wondering.

Also she's #11.

Edit: maybe I imagined she said that because I can't find it, haha
I only remember her saying this but it was 2019 and a lot has changed since then so who knows haha.

#11 isn’t bad, I just think the next single needs to be stronger, I’m still adamant this sounded like a Mabel filler track.

• Haha
I only remember her saying this but it was 2019 and a lot has changed since then so who knows haha.

#11 isn’t bad, I just think the next single needs to be stronger, I’m still adamant this sounded like a Mabel filler track.
Yeah I found this and I think it is what I'm thinking of, this was before Jesy left but yet she wasn't there.

I've still not heard her song, which is bad as I bought the signed cd's. I'm a sucker for anything signed lol I've also got her book pre ordered

Reactions: 1
She's done well really. It just a very generic song. She needed to come out with a hit really.

Reactions: 6
I think they've left it too long. Yes they've had a year since the tour and 2 since the last album... But relevance is key here, Beyonce was releasing features between DC breaks. Geri Halliwell got right on it.

I feel when a large group splits to go solo, unless they've got a super USP, its kind of another drop in the ocean. I see Popbitch this week is saying record labels are deliberately holding off releasing jade and perries music.

The music industry is constantly changing and they must adapt. A song as a feature might have been good for at least one of them.

Reactions: 10
I think they've left it too long. Yes they've had a year since the tour and 2 since the last album... But relevance is key here, Beyonce was releasing features between DC breaks. Geri Halliwell got right on it.

I feel when a large group splits to go solo, unless they've got a super USP, its kind of another drop in the ocean. I see Popbitch this week is saying record labels are deliberately holding off releasing jade and perries music.

The music industry is constantly changing and they must adapt. A song as a feature might have been good for at least one of them.
I agree with you, I know the songs have to be right but I don’t feel like any of them have the luxury of time with this if they want to do well.

Reactions: 2
On the note of features, that actually would be a good way to stay in the public eye, and test both their viability and the musical direction their audience will take to.
I'm particularly surprised Jade hasn't popped up in a few features.

Reactions: 7
On the note of features, that actually would be a good way to stay in the public eye, and test both their viability and the musical direction their audience will take to.
You’re right, there’s a reason so many people jump on dance tracks. I’m really surprised we haven’t heard anything from Jade yet. There’s been a few different suggestions why (label didn’t like her first offerings so asked her to start again / management changed and they switched to a long strategy / she’s being held back for now) but hard to know which is true. If she’s last of the 3 to release then I’ll be even more surprised.

I don’t think Leigh or anyone or her team like Sairah has even acknowledged the chart position? They find out hours before the chart release as well. I imagine they’re disappointed it wasn’t top 10 though.

Yes!!! This worked so well for Camila! If one of them could get on a Calvin Harris song it’d be such a win for them! Look at what it’s doing for Ellie Golding right now and I’d never put her at the level Little Mix we’re at

Reactions: 7
Yes!!! This worked so well for Camila! If one of them could get on a Calvin Harris song it’d be such a win for them! Look at what it’s doing for Ellie Golding right now and I’d never put her at the level Little Mix we’re at
Yes the Ellie/Calvin song is doing extremely well but didn’t her album absolutely bomb after hitting #1? One of the biggest drops from #1 ever? It’s really not a long term solution.

Reactions: 4
The song isn’t doing well because of Ellie though, it’s all down to the fact that it’s reminiscent of the 90s trance sound. Anyone could’ve been on the song and it would’ve performed well. A Calvin produced song isn’t always guaranteed to be a hit, just look at the entire FWB2 album. The only song that did moderately well was Potion and even that performed terribly despite having Dua, who was at the height of her career, featured on it.

Yes the Ellie/Calvin song is doing extremely well but didn’t her album absolutely bomb after hitting #1? One of the biggest drops from #1 ever? It’s really not a long term solution.
#1 is better than anything, I don’t have faith that any of them will have the success on their own that they had as a group. I also think if left too long Little Mix would struggle to do a comeback. It’d be like Steps etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.