Little Mix #4 LM3 on their 10 year home run, but Jesy’s on her way to spoil the fun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure Jade and Leigh-Anne didn’t get publishing deals because they add a few heys and hos to songs.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
And who claimed she writes songs on her own? Name me one person here who claimed that, quick. Jade is still a certified songwriter who takes part in writing for the group alongside other professional songwriters. Simple. And when Jade goes to LA to write which she has done before, Kamille has no involvement in those specific songs.
As I've said, I've posted before about co-writing.

You posted "she has always wrote songs for the group". Sorry, I didn't realise you were including minimal involvement in songwriting within that.

I’m sure Jade and Leigh-Anne didn’t get publishing deals because they add a few heys and hos to songs.
It's all part of the same circus.

From a little while ago:

This is absolutely how it works. Co-writing still gets you a little pin money. I co-wrote with a producer who was the producer for Stock Aitken and Waterman's Hit Factory and works to this day with Kylie Minogue. Lovely, lovely bloke, great to work with, did a little minor surgery on three of our tracks, and he took 4%. Every little helps :D

Conversely, Robbie Williams probably took 4% from most of his songs for shite like "and that's a good line to take it to the bridge", and the George Formby-Esque masterpiece "my breath smells of a thousand fags, and when I'm drunk I dance like me dad".

With the absolute greatest of respect to you, comparing Taylor Swift, who I do think is very talented, to one of the greatest and most influential pop icons of, and across the last 40/50 years, is a bit of a stretch. Bowie transcended music. Taylor Swift is really, really fucked off by her choices of boyfriends.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I doubt they’d fly her all the way to LA, just to add some ‘heys’ and ‘yeahs’ to a song🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 16
As I've said, I've posted before about co-writing.

You posted "she has always wrote songs for the group". Sorry, I didn't realise you were including minimal involvement in songwriting within that.

It's all part of the same circus.

From a little while ago:
How do you know that Jade has minimal involvement in Little Mix's music? Did you sit on the studio with them? Co-writer literally means someone who participated in writing a song alongside other people, it says nothing about the amount of involvement. And both Kamille and Mnek have spoken openly about how involved, particularly Jade and Leigh are with their music. When Jade goes to LA, she normally does writing camps. That doesn't seem like minimal involvement to me. And please, stop quoting yourself. You're clearly one of those musical elitists who can't believe a "manufactured pop girl group" can have any music credibility. Next, you'll be talking about how little value they have because they don't play instruments, no? This discussion ends here. Bye.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
How do you know that Jade has minimal involvement in Little Mix's music? Did you sit on the studio with them? Co-writer literally means someone who participated in writing a song alongside other people, it says nothing about the amount of involvement. And both Kamille and Mnek have spoken openly about how involved, particularly Jade and Leigh are with their music. When Jade goes to LA, she normally does writing camps. That doesn't seem like minimal involvement to me. And please, stop quoting yourself. You're clearly one of those musical elitists who can't believe a "manufactured pop girl group" can have any music credibility. Next, you'll be talking about how little value they have because they don't play instruments, no? This discussion ends here. Bye.
You seem very defensive, but yes, they have little value because they don't play instruments, have come to be through a contrived artificial process where researchers contact contestants before the auditions with promises of guaranteed placement in the live finals or final 10, and are given a recording contract that has the winners over a metaphorical barrel in respect of what degree of control they have over the band, which, in the case of The XFactor, is very, very little (Mix, lol).

Jade's attendance at a writing camp isn't unique, and it doesn't make her a master songwriter. Imagine the Simpsons-they have about 30 people contributing to the same episode, each episode. They're very popular, but again demonstrate that the writing process isn't a solitary act. Again, you wrote "Jade's always wrote songs for Little Mix". That isn't strictly true, is it.

And, finally, as I'm concerned you're about to blow some kind of gasket, when all you need to do is challenge me on my points instead of rattling, I'm perfectly aware of the Co-Writing process, as I have, as you might/might not have read, am involved in the music industry at a level where I know about these things. Not just anecdotally, but from other members of the music community.

Fun Fact: Chris Martin's "Dance" wasn't a visceral reaction to his music, it was choreographed.

Everything we know is wrong.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Did we not already have this conversation in the last thread-it was boring that time too,not to mention a little patronising.

Reactions: 33
I wouldn’t even say that I’m a huge little mix fan but who’s right is it for someone to dictate someone else’s value? Who cares how they came about-they have positively impacted a lot of fans with their music and I think it’s gross to undermine that because they aren’t out their playing guitars or writing songs from start to finish. This always happens with things that attract a mainly female audience-it gets shat on and belittled.

Define patronising.
If you aren’t male I will be very surprised.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
You seem very defensive, but yes, they have little value because they don't play instruments, have come to be through a contrived artificial process where researchers contact contestants before the auditions with promises of guaranteed placement in the live finals or final 10, and are given a recording contract that has the winners over a metaphorical barrel in respect of what degree of control they have over the band, which, in the case of The XFactor, is very, very little (Mix, lol).

Jade's attendance at a writing camp isn't unique, and it doesn't make her a master songwriter. Imagine the Simpsons-they have about 30 people contributing to the same episode, each episode. They're very popular, but again demonstrate that the writing process isn't a solitary act. Again, you wrote "Jade's always wrote songs for Little Mix". That isn't strictly true, is it.

And, finally, as I'm concerned you're about to blow some kind of gasket, when all you need to do is challenge me on my points instead of rattling, I'm perfectly aware of the Co-Writing process, as I have, as you might/might not have read, am involved in the music industry at a level where I know about these things. Not just anecdotally, but from other members of the music community.

Fun Fact: Chris Martin's "Dance" wasn't a visceral reaction to his music, it was choreographed.

Everything we know is wrong.
It's so funny how all these legendary bands who play instruments couldn't lace Little Mix's boots when it comes to vocals but no one bats an eye and questions them but let a group of great singers do what they always proposed themselves to do *shocked face* sing, their value is always put in question. So, man can be a tit vocalist because his bandmates play instruments but Little Mix aren't worth praised despite being great singers because they don't play instruments. Also, why the duck are you even in this thread? You clearly don't like them, you don't see them as talented, why the duck are you here?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The whole ‘manufactured pop band’ Who don’t write etc is such a boring argument from patronising so called music fans

who cares whether they write all their songs fully or not, the greatest legends in music haven’t all written their own songs.

for people who came from a tv show they have made a massive impact in music and will go down in history as one of the greatest girlbands, which other pop band has gone from strength to strength over 10 years? How about we praise them for what they have achieved instead?

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
It's so funny how all these legendary bands who play instruments couldn't lace Little Mix's boots when it comes to vocals but no one bats an eye and questions them but let a group of great singers do what they always proposed themselves to do *shocked face* sing, their value is always put in question. So, man can be a tit vocalist because his bandmates play instruments but Little Mix aren't worth praised despite being great singers because they don't play instruments. Also, why the duck are you even in this thread? You clearly don't like them, you don't see them as talented, why the duck are you here?
People constantly will chat tit in regards to pop artists then blow smoke up Oasis’ hole like they’re god’s gift to music with lines such as, ‘she’s got a sister and on the palm of her hand is a blister.’

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Guys just ignore the waffle above. Little Mix are heavily involved in writing the majority of their stuff. Even if they get a given song it gets reworked by them to make it more theirs. And even if they hadn’t written their own tit - Jade still experienced the process of songwriting so it’s not completely unfathomable that she’d be able to do it 🙃 people are just like being know it’s all’s.

Reactions: 9
Leighannes insta story - she’s had work done on “one of her kitchens” lol

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I wouldn’t even say that I’m a huge little mix fan but who’s right is it for someone to dictate someone else’s value? Who cares how they came about-they have positively impacted a lot of fans with their music and I think it’s gross to undermine that because they aren’t out their playing guitars or writing songs from start to finish. This always happens with things that attract a mainly female audience-it gets shat on and belittled.

If you aren’t male I will be very surprised.
Did my avatar give it away?

You're being triggered by your own tit, not mine. I've no bleeping interest what demographic they appeal to most, my point was made in my original post relating to this.

I have no respect for manufactured (in the pop culture sense of the word) "artist(e)s" at all. I have that right, and asserting that point isn't dictating anything to anyone-a concept you appear to be struggling to grasp, hence the completely inappropriate and wholly indefensible attack.

What you can't seem to do, is just have a discussion about it, instead resorting to a) A really bleeping wild assumption, and b) and ad hominen attack complete with "obviously male" rhetort.

Have you defended the numerous posts in here slagging Jesy off? Asking for a friend.

Are you ok?

• Haha
Did my avatar give it away?

You're being triggered by your own tit, not mine. I've no bleeping interest what demographic they appeal to most, my point was made in my original post relating to this.

I have no respect for manufactured (in the pop culture sense of the word) "artist(e)s" at all. I have that right, and asserting that point isn't dictating anything to anyone-a concept you appear to be struggling to grasp, hence the completely inappropriate and wholly indefensible attack.

What you can't seem to do, is just have a discussion about it, instead resorting to a) A really bleeping wild assumption, and b) and ad hominen attack complete with "obviously male" rhetort.

Have you defended the numerous posts in here slagging Jesy off? Asking for a friend.

Are you ok?
Attack? 😂😂 Coming on to, what is essentially a rave thread, to witch about a girl band cus you don't respect them and then saying that the people debating you are triggered?
Move along friend.

Reactions: 12
The girls do write BUUUUT they have had writing credits in the past for changing a word or asking the writers to change a lyric or even just all 4 of them being in the room, it’s not uncommon for that to happen. Even Beyoncé does it, she barely writes any of her own music.

There was a massive fall out with Syco over Woman Like Me, they wanted writing credit for asking lyric changes in a few parts and they weren’t given credit and it caused a big issue with Simon and their management!

LM:
I like my coffee with two sugars in it
High heels and my jewelry dripping
Drink and I get all fired up (Hey, hey, hey)
Insecure but I'm working with it
Many things that I could get rid of
Ain't about to give it up

Original:
Nike shoes and my hoodie fitted
Always have my hair tied up (Hey, hey, hey)
Insecure, but I won't admit it
Don't know how to give it up

LM:
You got them blue jeans with a rip up in them
My hair with your fingers in it
Love it when you turn me on
'Yoncé with a little bit of
Love Drunk in the middle with it
Get down to our favorite song

Original:
Hey, hey, you got them blue jeans with a rip up in them
Love it when you turn me on (Hey, hey, hey)
Punk funk with a little bit of
"Love Drunk" in the middle with it

Also, who even cares who wrote the songs? If it slaps it’s slaps. Some of the best artists of our time didn’t write their own songs, doesn’t make them any less worthy to be where they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
The girls do write BUUUUT they have had writing credits in the past for changing a word or asking the writers to change a lyric or even just all 4 of them being in the room, it’s not uncommon for that to happen. Even Beyoncé does it, she barely writes any of her own music.

There was a massive fall out with Syco over Woman Like Me, they wanted writing credit for asking lyric changes in a few parts and they weren’t given credit and it caused a big issue with Simon and their management!
Cowell did this all the time, I remember reading about it on Popbitch. “Change a word, take a third” 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Attack? 😂😂 Coming on to, what is essentially a rave thread, to witch about a girl band cus you don't respect them and then saying that the people debating you are triggered?
Move along friend.
Yeah, you're right. It must be the testosterone.

LM:
High heels and my jewelry dripping
Drink and I get all fired up (Hey, hey, hey)
Insecure but I'm working with it
Ain't about to give it up

Original:
Nike shoes and my hoodie fitted
Always have my hair tied up (Hey, hey, hey)
Insecure, but I won't admit it
Don't know how to give it up

LM:
You got them blue jeans with a rip up in them
Love it when you turn me on
'Yoncé with a little bit of
Love Drunk in the middle with it

Original:
Hey, hey, you got them blue jeans with a rip up in them
Love it when you turn me on (Hey, hey, hey)
Punk funk with a little bit of
"Love Drunk" in the middle with it

Also, who even cares who wrote the songs? If it slaps it’s slaps. Some of the best artists of our time didn’t write their own songs, doesn’t make them any less worthy to be where they are.
Very interesting....

Oh who the duck cares, they are a lot more talented than most of us can ever dream of, wether they write a paragraph, a word or nothing. They are hugely gifted girls who bring a lot of people a lot of joy and that can’t be taken away from them just because they don’t play a bleeping instrument. Even if they were born with good voices, they put so much work into everything they do and it wasnt just handed to them on a plate. NOONE would say this if they were all male. If you don’t like them, go elsewhere, this ain’t for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.