Little Mix #4 LM3 on their 10 year home run, but Jesy’s on her way to spoil the fun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not celebrity at all. It's a common name in other countries. It wasn't something they made up.
Never said they made it up. It is celebrity, don’t meet many Axels and I’m not just talking about his first name, it’s the package deal. Being popular in other countries is irrelevant, they are British.

Axel Oxlade-Chamberlain not celebrity, aye pull the other one 🤨🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Glad they had a 2 weeks with a bit of privacy, well, only his name due to her brother and Liverpool sort of giving it away!
Liverpool didn’t really give it away. I put 1+1 together, perries picture she released not long before the match and then Klopp saying Alex isn’t starting due to personal reasons. I only thought it was Perrie in Labour due to the pic of her bump being huge

Haha Alex and Andre thought they’d have the babies the whole time the girls were on tour!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Hasn’t Jade said she’s writing new songs for the group right now? I don’t know, it’s Twitter you know 🤣

Reactions: 3
Hasn’t Jade said she’s writing new songs for the group right now? I don’t know, it’s Twitter you know 🤣
She said she's in LA for writing sessions. Didn't specify for LM though, but was twisted as such out of her saying something along the lines of "in writing sessions while girls are busy being mothers".

Has been photoshoot level glammed in time in LA though so think there more than for just writing.

She said she's in LA for writing sessions. Didn't specify for LM though, but was twisted as such out of her saying something along the lines of "in writing sessions while girls are busy being mothers".

Has been photoshoot level glammed in time in LA though so think there more than for just writing.
Rumour was a few weeks back that she signed a solo deal

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Jade is in LA writing and now Jesy is in LA for a project after her carribean holiday. Maybe filming the P.Diddy parts for her new video.

I know LA can be a big place but imagine that could be awkward if they bump into each other after everything.

Reactions: 7
Jesy’s story on insta… can she suck in her stomach any harder!? 🤣 just don’t wear a damn crop top if you’re going to squeeze out every ounce of air from your lungs

Not sure if this has been posted already, but eugh Priya. Why do these islanders come out and do tit like this - ask for freebies, but it’s ok cause she’ll promote the make up artist on instagram😭

not surprised that perrie didn't hyphenate their names bc it'll be a clusterfuck of surnames for the poor boy. Edwards-Oxlade-Chamberlain 😂 I def wasn't expecting Axel but it's a cute name. Def sounds like a footballer already

Reactions: 7
It’s very very common for babies to take their fathers last name in the U.K., don’t know why so many fans on Twitter are shocked. I guess some countries do take both last names but it’s rare in this country and there’s usually a valid reason like a couple who split or end of the family tree or something

Reactions: 11
I lolled. Not at you, obviously, but at the thought of Jade writing new songs.

Actually, I'm still lolling. Like Larry Lol, from Lolsville.

I lolled. Not at you, obviously, but at the thought of Jade writing new songs.

Actually, I'm still lolling. Like Larry Lol, from Lolsville.
She has always wrote songs for the group. What's there to lol about?

Reactions: 16
She has always wrote songs for the group. What's there to lol about?
Kamille is credited with writing many of Little Mix's songs, with Little Mix being credited as co-writers.

I posted ages ago about how "co-writing" works, especially at that level. It adds credibility, but it is essentially a tick-box exercise. Do you know even Adele uses a co-writer?

You don't get many pop stars with a degree in economics... but that's just one of the things that makes Camille Purcell unique.
The south London singer quit a lucrative job as a City stockbroker six years ago to try her hand at songwriting.
Her first song, What About Us, gave girl group The Saturdays a number one. Since then, she's become Little Mix's go-to songwriter, composing hits like Black Magic and the Brit award-winning Shout Out To My Ex.
"Camille knows us so well," says the band's Perrie Edwards. "She knows what we want to write about, she knows what sound we're going for. She's incredible. She's so talented."
Purcell also wrote this week's number one single, Jess Glynne's I'll Be There, while another of her compositions, Clean Bandit's Solo, looks set to replace it on Friday.
Meanwhile, the 29-year-old just released her own song, Emotional, under the stage name Kamille.
presentational grey line

Hey Kamille. You're doing pretty well at the moment, huh?
I'm so happy! When I started songwriting, I walked out of my job and I had nothing. My parents were always big on education, and we fell out. They were like, "What are you doing with your life?"
So for it to go 360 and put me in a position where it's going really well, it makes me so happy.
You've worked with Little Mix since their second album. What's the secret?
I've seen the girls cry, laugh... everything in front of me. I feel like their big sister, if I'm honest, through the lyrics.
I think that's why we've been working together so long, because I'm in love with those girls. I stalk them!
The new album - you just wait. They are going to slay.

figure captionWarning: Third party content may contain adverts
When you see how hard they work, is there a part of you that thinks, 'I'm happier over here in the background'?
I know what you mean - you'd think it would put you off, but when I see them on stage I really want to be up there so bad.
I went to see them at the O2 last year and they did eight of my songs. I was watching it from the wings and thinking, 'This is just out of control!' I couldn't have been prouder.
What can you tell us about writing with Clean Bandit and Jess Glynne?
I love that Clean Bandit track. We only wrote that a month ago and it's out already. Super-fast.
And Jess Glynne... Oh my gosh! Me and her went through break-ups at the same time and she would call me in the middle of the night and make sure I wasn't crying. I'll always have a soft spot for that song. It makes me feel really emotional when I hear it.

figure captionWarning: Third party content may contain adverts
When you were starting out, you worked as a vocal coach on X Factor. Did Simon Cowell ever offer you any advice?
Yes! His best advice has been to give the audience what they want. Don't try and over-think it and be too clever - because the audience know what they want to listen to. That's the best advice.
How did you find working in the city?
I thought it was great. It's literally a place where you can strive and be successful. But I was too musically inclined.
People in finance often work ridiculous hours... How does music compare?
I don't go home in this job either, so there's some similarities there, but the dress code's easier. I can be wearing tracksuit bottoms instead of a three-piece suit!
And I'm such a night owl. I don't sleep. I'm probably running on about two hours sleep right now. But it's because I'm writing for myself and writing for everyone else as well.
Kamille
IMAGE SOURCEPETER JAMES
image captionPurcell was born and raised in Streatham, south London before studying economics at university
How do you know when a song is for you and not for, say, Little Mix?
A lot of the time I get invited into a [writing] session by the label, so I'm writing for that artist specifically.
We always get to know each other at the start of the session because you can't just write a song cold. You've got to have a bit of convo. And you tend to find out things about them - break-ups, if they're happy, what they're going through. Once I'm on the piano and writing, something they've said will come into my mind.
My own songs tend to be a lot more free, lyrically. I'm not holding myself back. Those songs couldn't be for anybody else.
On last year's My Head's A Mess EP, you seemed to be singing a lot about your ex.
Oh Lord! Let's not even get into that! I've just got over it. It was a tough break-up and it made me write a lot of songs about being hurt and wishing someone could see how much you love them.
Now I'm in a much, much better place [and] singing those songs gives me a lot of strength and makes me feel empowered.
Little Mix win a Brit Award
IMAGE SOURCEPA
image captionLittle Mix won a Brit Award for Shout Out To My Ex, which they co-wrote with Purcell
Your solo material is much more soulful than the pop tunes you're known for. Have you deliberately separated the two branches of your career?
What I'm intending to do is show all sides of me. I'm Jamaican and Cuban and that's the kind of music that was going on in my household growing up.
Every song you're going to hear from me will be something different. I'm more interested in creating a playlist for people, as opposed to sticking to a [musical] theme.
Ten years ago, a record label would have advised you to stick to one genre. What's changed?
I think nowadays fans are listening to a whole range of things on Spotify and Apple Music. They aren't listening to one genre any more, they're listening to what fits their mood.
Someone who does that so well is Drake. Every song he has can fit a different situation - whether you're in a car or at a barbecue or feeling sad or you want to have sex.
Could you do all three? Is there a sad sex barbecue song waiting to be written?
You could so have a sad sex barbecue song! I've actually got a term called "sexual sadness". It started with a song with The Script, called Rain, where the whole idea was you're standing in a club and you want to have sex but you're heartbroken: sexual sadness.
And that's kind of what I did with [Clean Bandit's] Solo as well. I wanted to write about that feeling where you've broken up with someone and you're not ready to move on but you're really horny. So I think sad sexual barbecue should be the next craze.
I can picture the video now.
That would be brilliant! What is wrong with us? That is all kinds of wrong!
Kamille's single Emotional is out now on Virgin EMI.

Reactions: 4
Kamille is credited with writing many of Little Mix's songs, with Little Mix being credited as co-writers.

I posted ages ago about how "co-writing" works, especially at that level. It adds credibility, but it is essentially a tick-box exercise. Do you know even Adele uses a co-writer?
And who claimed she writes songs on her own? Name me one person here who claimed that, quick. Jade is still a certified songwriter who takes part in writing for the group alongside other professional songwriters. Simple. And when Jade goes to LA to write which she has done before, Kamille has no involvement in those specific songs.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.