Lisa My_solo_journey_to_Mom #9 Back to work, having a ‘mare, would rather be flogging jellies & shapewear!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will the twins be 10 and she will still be saying they are 7 weeks premie???

When does that actually stop???

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Them overused words give me a pain in my hole like premmies, twinnies oh it just his my crazy bone 😂😂 d min the girls can stand they'll run for the hills from the pin wheel obsessed mother

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Safe to say Lazy Lisa arse chin, still hasnt been back to work, and is using EVERY EXCUSE not to......oh what a shock, bleeping slob🙄
Now I’d take a day off if my child was sick. However, they’re only sick because they live in complete squalor, dirty beds and mouldy room 🤢 no wonder her chest is at her constantly, imagine the smell of her room if she’s mouldy pillows 😵💫

I had my first baby 6 months ago and touch wood she hasn't been sick at all. Is it usual for babies this age to get this many coughs/colds/snotty noses or are they just more susceptible because they're premature?

Is it usual for babies this age to get this many coughs/colds/snotty noses or are they just more susceptible because they're premature?
I don't think they were premature enough for it to have that big an effect on their overall health tbh.

And no, it would only be normal if they were in creche or some sort of childcare where they were surrounded by other babies. They literally go nowhere, and yet are constantly ill.

Reactions: 9
I had my first baby 6 months ago and touch wood she hasn't been sick at all. Is it usual for babies this age to get this many coughs/colds/snotty noses or are they just more susceptible because they're premature?
No its not normal at all now if they were in a creche and were 2yrs old I'd be saying its normal. Lisa is a walking germ anyone can tell that by looking at her🤢 and as someone else said they go nowhere to be picking things up so it must b the house

Reactions: 6
My little girl was born 10 weeks prem and based on experience/what consultants have told us I would say that they will be more susceptible to getting poorlier from virus’ than a full term baby- if my memory serves me they did both have some breathing support when born and even at 7 weeks they will have a reduced immune system. Saying that we’ve been to baby groups, swimming etc and haven’t had as many virus’ as the twins have had. They do seem to be constantly sick. As people have said I’d understand if they were in nursery but the only place they go out is to the supermarket (seemingly daily!). I do wonder if Lisa calls the GP and says they are poorly for every little thing (as she seems to do for herself) even just them being unsettled- assuming it’s and illness rather than babies being babies.

The girls are probably susceptible to illness due to their mothers hygiene, it’s not exactly like they’ve older siblings coming in from school or that they’re out in a crèche with other kids.

I’m not a single parent but this idea of well how does a single solo parent have a sick child and work question is so tone deaf. They make it work because they’ve no other choice Lisa, they’ve jobs they need, houses to keep and fridges to fill but then that is the exact difference between you and them.. they’re solo and you are not, you leave work tomorrow you’ll be fine, you won’t be out on the streets. So stupid for a grown woman who willingly chose to go down this route and to implant two embryos none the less

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She’s giving them an extra week of being premature 🙄 the child is no where near trying to stand up!! My daughter was 5 weeks early and was on cpap for a few days but never had any issues in her first year or so. Only when she started playschool she picks up everything 🙈

Reactions: 3
Not defending Lisa as her hygiene does leave a lot to be desired 🤮 but those babies are in a house with 4 adults who could be carrying in all manner of germs unknowingly and at the weekend they were around her sister and 4 cousins of varying ages. Babies pick up viruses so easily at that age everything goes into the mouth. That trolley they were in on her stories last week looked filthy and they were eating in it, so they could have picked up whatever Hazel has anywhere or from anyone they were in contact with 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Now I’d take a day off if my child was sick. However, they’re only sick because they live in complete squalor, dirty beds and mouldy room 🤢 no wonder her chest is at her constantly, imagine the smell of her room if she’s mouldy pillows 😵💫
If she wasnt getting paid she wouldnt be as quick to take a day off im sure.....and yes, the mouldy pillows, the dirt of the bath, the house is minging, as is Lisa, her lack of hygiene is absolutely vile🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Depending on what they’ve been exposed to it can flare up a number of times before beating it. I don’t think being premature would necessarily be the reason why though.
We had it with tonsillitis after catching it from a friends child, myself & my baby had it repeatedly for around 18months after. I think teething can weaken their immune systems as once he had his last bad bout of teething he stopped getting sick & thankfully also started sleeping through the night for the first time ever!
He wasn’t in a childcare facility until he was 3 but he would sometimes get sick without us even leaving the house.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.