Lisa - My_Solo_Journey_To_Mom #4 Do the girls constantly nap, or is Lisa full of it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thing is she has no time for showers or food. Cut your naps Lisa. Stop getting your nails and brows done and focus on the basics can’t have it all ways.
I have 3 kids, single mum my youngest are 3 (twins) I manage to shower/bath myself and eat. It’s about balance. Finding a routine that works but not to the point, that I’m like an army marshal. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Those poor girls

Reactions: 4
She actually annoyed me the other day when she said just ask for the break. Ask who Lisa???
My parents - both work full time
Siblings - work full time
My partner - works full time
Friends - all work full time

so who exactly is there to ask?! We don’t all have our parents at out here beck and call 🙄 the poor baby is just looking straight ahead instead of bonding with her Mam. This is what happens every time I try eat ? Really? 🙄 that’s cause you nap when they nap instead of eating apparently and showering .
And, it’s a bit rich coming from her tellin her Mam to learn to feed with 1 hand, when she can’t even manage that herself . Doesn’t she have that milk cushion to feed both of them 🤔

• Angry
Reactions: 13
I hate the way she says 'the mother' - I'm out for lunch with the mother, the mother is gone into aldi, etc.i don't know why but it just does my head in.

• Heart
I hate the way she says 'the mother' - I'm out for lunch with the mother, the mother is gone into aldi, etc.i don't know why but it just does my head in.
same! I know its a colloquial turn of phrase but I find it very disrespectful

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was deliberating whether to pm her this or put here my thoughts regarding irregular periods resulting on her requiring ivf. But figured she would most likely read this here. First of all im a solo mum by choice so have been through everything she has been through. I relate to her. But everything I do since my girl was born, ive done solo. This is where we differ. Anyway, her thinking irregular periods could result in her need for ivf is a bold statement. I am extremely regular without aid of the pill and still had 4 x failed iuis so I've resorted to ivf. I doubt period frequency determines success, especially since fertility doctors cannot determine why iuis fails, so she shouldn't conclude thats why she needed ivf. I really feel she needs to be careful with words, as many solo mums to be who follow her journey will latch onto what she says... and its not gospel. Every female body is different.

I'm a bit confused was it not by choice she had IVF.
Now saying she thinks she would of had no choice anyway.
So is she saying she was trying all along for a baby otherwise how can she surmise over her periods that she would have had trouble conceiving.

Reactions: 4
I'm a bit confused was it not by choice she had IVF.
Now saying she thinks she would of had no choice anyway.
So is she saying she was trying all along for a baby otherwise how can she surmise over her periods that she would have had trouble conceiving.
She's had failed iuis. Like i mentioned in my last post, fertility doctors cant determine why iuis failed. But shes decided her irregular periods are the cause.

Reactions: 2
I was deliberating whether to pm her this or put here my thoughts regarding irregular periods resulting on her requiring ivf. But figured she would most likely read this here. First of all im a solo mum by choice so have been through everything she has been through. I relate to her. But everything I do since my girl was born, ive done solo. This is where we differ. Anyway, her thinking irregular periods could result in her need for ivf is a bold statement. I am extremely regular without aid of the pill and still had 4 x failed iuis so I've resorted to ivf. I doubt period frequency determines success, especially since fertility doctors cannot determine why iuis fails, so she shouldn't conclude thats why she needed ivf. I really feel she needs to be careful with words, as many solo mums to be who follow her journey will latch onto what she says... and its not gospel. Every female body is different.
I have 3 kids, I’ve had pcos diagnosed for 14 years and I can count on one hand how many periods I’ve had in 12 months. It definitely varies from woman to woman, but she shouldn’t just say that’s the cause without facts 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Please excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between iuis and ivf?
Iui happens in the body, in utero. So the cycle is monitored and at the optimal time the sperm is injected with the hope of fertilisation happening.

IVF is in vitro (in glass). Body is stimulated to produce many eggs which are then removed. Eggs are either left with sperm for fertilisation or icsi is where the sperm are injected into eggs. The fertilised eggs are then grown for 5-6 days until they become multi cell embryo and then usually one (in Lisa's case two) are transferred back to hopefully continue growing.

Reactions: 6
Out of interest what's the rough cost of IUI and IVF each time in Ireland? (I know it varies per clinic but ballpark)

duck sake she will be the patron Saint of reusable nappies next now.
There’s no way she’ll keep it up unless “the mother” steps in. Cloth nappies are hard work, great when you have a system in place but if she can’t find the time to shower and feed herself there’s no way she’ll manage washing/drying/stuffing of the nappies.

Reactions: 6
She actually annoyed me the other day when she said just ask for the break. Ask who Lisa???
My parents - both work full time
Siblings - work full time
My partner - works full time
Friends - all work full time

so who exactly is there to ask?! We don’t all have our parents at out here beck and call 🙄 the poor baby is just looking straight ahead instead of bonding with her Mam. This is what happens every time I try eat ? Really? 🙄 that’s cause you nap when they nap instead of eating apparently and showering .
And, it’s a bit rich coming from her tellin her Mam to learn to feed with 1 hand, when she can’t even manage that herself . Doesn’t she have that milk cushion to feed both of them 🤔
I know! That was a bit jarring wasn't it. Not everyone is as lucky as dopey Lisa.

About 1k a go for iui and 5k for a fresh cycle of IVF. No extra cost to transfer 2
Oh OK, had no clue about IUI but always assumed IVF was 3 times that. Still very expensive obviously

Reactions: 1
There’s no way she’ll keep it up unless “the mother” steps in. Cloth nappies are hard work, great when you have a system in place but if she can’t find the time to shower and feed herself there’s no way she’ll manage washing/drying/stuffing of the nappies.
Oh I know well 🤣 Lazy Lisa won't commit to the cloth nappies. Maybe she thinks they will hold urine for 24 hours, save her a job during the day.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.