Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remaining hopeful- thought that too. Was obviously a re recording. Fair enough but it's as if she's dying to be insta famous isn't it. She could win an Oscar for that performance. I hope she's successful but way too early to put it online.

Reactions: 4
She seems genuinely annoyed that the baby didn't settle till 12 then hands her over to her father. Wtf
I got that impression too. I don't know if it's just me but it felt like she shoved the child off to her father this morning and filmed her "favourite" child. She has done nothing but give out about the wee one who she had to go down the hall to 3 times, doesn't go to sleep without fussing, won't keep the soother in her mouth, took until midnight last night to settle (all of that she told Instagram). Yet she has nothing put "positive" things to say about the other child who seems to be ticking all of Lisa's boxes regarding sleeping and sucking the soother.

Remaining hopeful- thought that too. Was obviously a re recording. Fair enough but it's as if she's dying to be insta famous isn't it. She could win an Oscar for that performance. I hope she's successful but way too early to put it online.
Can only assume you’ve never had difficulty conceiving or fertility issues to presume she was faking it her reaction.

Reactions: 7
Do people really take pregnancy tests that quick. I’m TTC and I just wait for the period. It’s horrible doing tests
I've never had to have IVF or anything, but I can imagine the wait to find out must feel like forever so I would probably be testing that early too. Wouldn't put it all online though!
Sending lots of luck to you! ❤

Edit to add - when I found out I was pregnant, it was 6 days before I was due on. I just knew even though I didn't have the tell-tale signs. Tests are horrible when you are TTC, but thankfully we have the technology now to find out so quickly x

Reactions: 1
Do people really take pregnancy tests that quick. I’m TTC and I just wait for the period. It’s horrible doing tests
I think it depends. For me I get symptoms super early so have tested about a week before my period on all my pregnancies, even when we weren’t TTC, as I’m nauseous pretty much immediately after conception.

I know i couldn't wait the whole two weeks. She is very early on but she is pregnant, i think this is her first time so it must be amazing for her

Can only assume you’ve never had difficulty conceiving or fertility issues to presume she was faking it her reaction.
I don’t think she’s faking her reaction but I do think she is sharing far too early. Each to their own though.

Reactions: 2
I don’t think she’s faking her reaction but I do think she is sharing far too early. Each to their own though.
Yeah each to their own, she is sharing her journey so is sharing the news early. I didn’t even share with my family till I was nearly halfway but it’s a personal decision. There’s no shame in miscarriage but clearly there is stigma when people take such issue with people sharing their news early.

Reactions: 2
She has an Instagram page set up soley for this whole purpose now so she nearly needs to be telling the world what's what. She would be hounded with messages as well I'd imagine. Best of luck to them both anyway.

Sorry but did this remaining hopeful woman purposely start pretending to cry on camera?

Absolutely nowhere!!!
Your post has made me all goose bumps just because it brought back all those memories.
I loved staring at my 6!! as they fed, rubbing their back and looking at every hair and fingernail. They all slept with me, dangerous i know🙊, but it was such a special time
It’s a special time and doesn’t last long at all! Go you with 6!! Co sleeping isn’t dangerous at all once the safe sleeping steps are followed so well done xx

• Heart
I know. It’s just so risky to announce that early. Yes absolutely test and share with your family. But the world doesn’t need to know
I never understand the "too risky to announce that early" mindset...I think it really plays into the taboo of miscarriage....ok I know now the girl from remaining hopeful is super early but that's what her page is about - her road to ttc.
For a regular person there's never a too early to tell anyone. So many women still go through a miscarriage and tell no one, they grieve in silence and think their feeling aren't valild due to the "too early" mindset. 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Could she be heavily medicated?? Could medication for her depression cause this coldness in her and account for her behaviour?

I was on medication throughout both pregnancies, I was heavily medicated after the first, but he was always smothered in cuddles and love.

Same for the second, both children, even though I struggled to stay alive through depression, were ALWAYS cuddled, shown affection and very much loved.

I had to unfollow her too. Cannot deal with watching those poor babies.

Can you take antidepressants and anxiety medication during pregnancy? I assumed not.
I was on one anti depressant on my first pregnancy and two during my second.
There are only 3 perinatal psychiatrists in Ireland, all of which are in Dublin.
I got referred to one of them when considering the second pregnancy and also when I found out I was pregnant a couple of years later.

There is also medications safe for breastfeeding.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I was on medication throughout both pregnancies, I was heavily medicated after the first, but he was always smothered in cuddles and love.

Same for the second, both children, even though I struggled to stay alive through depression, were ALWAYS cuddled, shown affection and very much loved.

I had to unfollow her too. Cannot deal with watching those poor babies.

I was on one anti depressant on my first pregnancy and two during my second.
There are only 3 perinatal psychiatrists in Ireland, all of which are in Dublin.
I got referred to one of them when considering the second pregnancy and also when I found out I was pregnant a couple of years later.

There is also medications safe for breastfeeding.
Thanks for this. I hope I didn't offend anyone. I was asking out of genuine curiosity as I have taken both anti depressants and anti anxiety medication previously. Just weaning off the latter at the moment and hoping TTC next year. Good to hear about perinatal psychiatry too. It's good to know there are options if my anxiety or depression flare up during pregnancy.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Olivesbabywish was sharing her story too, was pregnant after ivf in Greece, shared straight away & miscarried I think week 8/9, a very public loss then for her because she felt she had to tell everyone. Then there’s a go fund me set up for the next one… I don’t know, I know fertility is hard, I know this we have had ivf but only because of my MS we had to track getting pregnant- but it’s a mind duck. But I do find so many of them feel like they need to share every detail and I wonder are they actually ok in themselves. Like someone said, Aine from Bweeng in cork is genuinely the most open and honest one that I truly hope things work out for but she’s had the most losses too x

Reactions: 6
I'm on meds for anxiety that I'd be lost without. I'm also TTC, and one of the first things I asked my GP was could I keep taking them- I can!

Olivesbabywish was sharing her story too, was pregnant after ivf in Greece, shared straight away & miscarried I think week 8/9, a very public loss then for her because she felt she had to tell everyone. Then there’s a go fund me set up for the next one… I don’t know, I know fertility is hard, I know this we have had ivf but only because of my MS we had to track getting pregnant- but it’s a mind duck. But I do find so many of them feel like they need to share every detail and I wonder are they actually ok in themselves. Like someone said, Aine from Bweeng in cork is genuinely the most open and honest one that I truly hope things work out for but she’s had the most losses too x
Hey MS twinnie!! We're also tracking pregnancy due to me only being allowed stay on my current treatment for a set period time. Hoping to avoid IVF, have only been trying 3 months!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.