Lisa My_Solo_Journey_to_Mom #12 Nap routine followed to a T, don't kiss the babies, they might get RSV.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes very strange not supposed to be over night should be with food also and more proof it’s not bacterial as antibiotics start to work after day 3 normally
it makes zero sense. Even if she got mixed up & meant pain relief there still isn’t enough hours in the night for a ‘few’ doses.

Reactions: 4
How much medicine is the child on? She was due a dose last night, surely next would be morning time & then the middle of the day.
what does ‘a few antibiotics overnight’ mean? We’ve only ever had antibiotics here that were 3 times a day.
I thought this too. Max we’ve ever had here is three a day so not sure what Lisa was at.. for a change 🤣

Reactions: 6
I find it strange that a gp hands out so much antibiotics to babies just gone a year old.

The friends nightie on her again to 🤮
It depends on the infection. If it’s full blown tonsillitis they wouldn’t leave it any longer. One of mine had it on repeat from 6 months -2.5 years. By the time a temp broke out his tonsils would already be covered in white ulcers so couldn’t be left without an antibiotic. She didn’t elaborate on the diagnosis but if it’s tonsillitis she could well be prone to it for as long as she’s teething which is what happened here. He’s a preteen now & has barely had more than a mild headcold since then.

Reactions: 3
"Just me and Ayda doing a few jobs" . Just wait for the narrative about how easy it is with wan baby.

Reactions: 4
So sick baby is left with de mudder while she fecks about in the shops with Ayda. She’ll be gagging to tell us how easy it is with only wan. Surprised she took Ayda, mudder must have put the foot down

Reactions: 13
So sick baby is left with de mudder while she fecks about in the shops with Ayda. She’ll be gagging to tell us how easy it is with only wan. Surprised she took Ayda, mudder must have put the foot down

I honestly don’t know what to think about Lisa most of the time. I’m often on the side of feeling sorry for her, thinking she’s unhappy, depressed etc. When talk goes to her weight, I feel a bit uncomfortable as I don’t think it’s as easy as people make out for the weight to “fall off her” with daily walks. Though I do think she needs to get out every day with the girls. One long walk and an activity like visiting a friend or library or playground etc.

So as I say, I often feel a bit sorry for her but then she does something or I read someone’s opposite view.. or see her in the nightie at 3pm etc and feel like she needs to cop on. Anyway, seeing today that she headed off with Ayda and left her sick child behind.. it just makes me feel sad for Hazel. And for the mother. When my son is sick, he wants no one but me. Not even his dad who he adores. And there’s nowhere I want to be when he’s unwell. You can’t fix them but you want them to know you’re there and comfort them as best you can. I can’t think what could be more important to her 😔

Reactions: 21
Solo mum my arse.
She goes out more than me and I have a 5 year old and 9 week old and a husband at home 😂
She needs a reality check

Reactions: 7
The gospel according to Dr Lisa How to avoid rsv/sickness
Don’t leave the house!
Don’t send your older child to school
Don’t kiss random babies
Don’t hug/cuddle your baby
Have a single buggy

seriously though how are the babies always sick and they never go anywhere?? That house must be walking with germs 🦠

Reactions: 8
WHY ARE YOUR BABIES CONSTANTLY SICK LISA?!

Why is she preaching on how to avoid it but her own kids are always sick?! 😤
Filthy Gobshite!

Reactions: 8
I think we all know that crèches and schools are little germ factories, that really doesn't need to be explained to anybody. And to warn people to keep the kids away from babies is ridiculous, it's not always feasible to do that. Unlike her most families with more than one child are busy juggling work and childcare, they don't have the luxury to lock themselves at home and keep one child away from the other to prevent them from getting sick. It's inevitable that siblings pass everything on!

Reactions: 10
What was she doing paying €90 odd euro for a vicks machine 2 days ago when she already spent over €100 on a saline plus machine?

Reactions: 5
What was she doing paying €90 odd euro for a vicks machine 2 days ago when she already spent over €100 on a saline plus machine?
Thats laughable you know what we do Vicks in a bowl of boiling water into the room half hour before bed does excatly the same thing ....these bleeping machines are a gimmick what did our parents do years ago before any of this shite although I have the Calpol plug in thing to but I don't leave that on Durning the night I just don't like leaving anything plugged in overnight in the kids room but that's just my own fear each to their own

Reactions: 7
So today while her child was sick at home after sleeping poorly during the night (which I would say Lisa didn’t get up to becuase she didn’t post and hasn’t given out about how tired she is so I’m betting nana did the night shift), having already posted about she gets anxiety about the girls being sick, she leaves her sick baby at home while she goes out shopping dinner out visits not one but two different houses and then comes back home!! that’s some life!!! There were previous readers on here who couldn’t believe that she didn’t stay in CUH with the girls when they were sick - today ladies, Lisa presented herself!!!! She’s hasn’t left the house in days and the one day Hazel is sick she goes off herself!!! Also she is thick??! If she stayed sshhh about the machine she could have brought it back and said it wasn’t working. . Cheeky I know but we’ve all done it. Now she has broadcasted it’s broken due to her own stupidity. Clearly looking for a gifted one. she’s rattling me today with her bullshit!! My little fella has a snotty nose and it’s cuddles and kisses all day for last couple of day!! this wans advice/ don’t touch ur child!! Don’t visit 50 houses in a day so when ur child is sick at home!!! Also is that white noise machine on full blast or has she one in each room because even with the telly on and her snotting and snorting deep breathing into the phone all I can hear is the white noise. .

Reactions: 12
Thats laughable you know what we do Vicks in a bowl of boiling water into the room half hour before bed does excatly the same thing ....these bleeping machines are a gimmick what did our parents do years ago before any of this shite although I have the Calpol plug in thing to but I don't leave that on Durning the night I just don't like leaving anything plugged in overnight in the kids room but that's just my own fear each to their own
I have a vicks machine here, it was a lot cheaper though we just use it for the cool mist If any of us are stuffy, it works as well without the little vicks inserts. I’m baffled as to why she’s forked out on another expensive one when she claimed to have the saline plus machine a few weeks back & was moaning about the price of it

Reactions: 2
I’ve just had to Google what a Vicks machine is 😂😂😂

honestly though,I was halfway through those stories and couldn’t understand what she was saying for all the mumbling and picking at her eyes 😂

Reactions: 2
So today while her child was sick at home after sleeping poorly during the night (which I would say Lisa didn’t get up to becuase she didn’t post and hasn’t given out about how tired she is so I’m betting nana did the night shift), having already posted about she gets anxiety about the girls being sick, she leaves her sick baby at home while she goes out shopping dinner out visits not one but two different houses and then comes back home!! that’s some life!!! There were previous readers on here who couldn’t believe that she didn’t stay in CUH with the girls when they were sick - today ladies, Lisa presented herself!!!! She’s hasn’t left the house in days and the one day Hazel is sick she goes off herself!!! Also she is thick??! If she stayed sshhh about the machine she could have brought it back and said it wasn’t working. . Cheeky I know but we’ve all done it. Now she has broadcasted it’s broken due to her own stupidity. Clearly looking for a gifted one. she’s rattling me today with her bullshit!! My little fella has a snotty nose and it’s cuddles and kisses all day for last couple of day!! this wans advice/ don’t touch ur child!! Don’t visit 50 houses in a day so when ur child is sick at home!!! Also is that white noise machine on full blast or has she one in each room because even with the telly on and her snotting and snorting deep breathing into the phone all I can hear is the white noise. .
I was one of the ppl who was incredulous that she left the hospital when one was sick and defended her thinking it was due to exhaustion. I was nicely told that it was far from exhausted she was. And I posted earlier because again, I can’t believe she would leave Hazel. I really can’t believe she’d go visiting instead of looking after her sick child. And to make matters worse, she was visiting the elderly. I know an infection isn’t contagious but it often comes with a cold and she has mentioned congestion. I certainly wouldn’t want her near my elderly relatives!

I also couldn’t believe my eyes when she was talking to phone the evening about Hazel not settling and the poor child roaring in the background. She’d rather talk to her phone and watch the monitor than care for the poor child. She grudgingly went in. If she had to leave her half the day, you’d expect her to be full of beans to mind her child on her return. I have lost all sympathy for Lisa. I’d hate to think of anyone as depressed. But I have multiple physical long term illnesses which often flare but you put your child first when they’re sick. I hate judging other mums. But I’m honestly shocked at her. And while I’m giving out.. it really gets to me that she has Hazel up with her on the couch and poor Ayda dying to join her but she won’t lift her to the other side or sit on the ground with both.

Reactions: 9
‘There’s always wan who picks up everything’ 🙄🙄 like how??! They don’t go anywhere or mix with people in general! She’s so lazy, I know some people feel sorry for her but I honestly can’t! She chose this , she’s not making anything of her life just sitting at home with her girls and keeping them in. Poor hazel needed mammy cuddles today if she was sick , why could Lisa not have stayed home with sick baby and get pippa to get essentials if she was stuck.

the white noise machine goes through me!! She’s so selfish she doesn’t think about her parents or brother who live there and has the thing on so loud. Imagine her mam and dad trying to watch the late late with that in the background!
Also, why is she missing a tooth at the side on top ?! 🙈 😂

Reactions: 6
I might message her to clarify if the girls had RSV and bronchiolitis when they were 12 weeks old cos she wasn’t really clear on that point…. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve lost the minuscule bit of pity I once had for her after her buggering off & leaving her sick child today, when I saw her pushing the stroller I assumed it was a quick trip to the shop but to then go visiting including a house that I think has a small baby in it, after all her shiting on about colds & RSV, She spends most of her week glued to the couch and as soon as there’s a child that needs her she’s gone. It’s bad enough the poor child seems to have been plonked in a chair for most of yesterday, deprived of basic affection but to then hear her crying tonight as she was choked up & mother looking like it was a massive inconvenience 😡 when mine are/were like that I grab a set of headphones & hop into bed with them & watch something on my phone for the evening as having them cuddled into me keeps them elevated & helps with their airways. Obviously not with the preteen now, he just gets an extra pillow & some extra hugs before I go to bed but my 3yo was unwell this week & she had a couple of nights in my bed, myself & my husband did a night each sleeping almost upright while she snoozed against us. I haven’t left the house since Sunday as I eventually caught it too!
The right thing to do today would have been to send her Mam off with Ayda. I often feel like she sees Hazel as an inconvenience. Ayda is the perfect child, never sick, no special foods needed, and generally more laid back, it’s sad the way she compares them so much.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.