Lisa My_solo_journey_to_mom #10 Always the bridesmaid never the bride, can’t go to work, flogs junk on th

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
‘From wan mudder to anudder’ by Lisa O’Hallaron (ghost written by de mudder) coming to all stores near you.

Inside you’ll find one years worth of pastry recipes, witty snippets from de mudder and so much more!!
A small donation from each book sold will go towards suppling a twin trolley to stores across Ireland 🙏
I assume it will be published in different sizes (pocket, A4, A5) I mean wan size doesn't fit all handbags

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
‘From wan mudder to anudder’ by Lisa O’Hallaron (ghost written by de mudder) coming to all stores near you.

Inside you’ll find one years worth of pastry recipes, witty snippets from de mudder and so much more!!
A small donation from each book sold will go towards suppling a twin trolley to stores across Ireland 🙏
“if dat makes sense “ - The Sequel !

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Imagine being able to go off to bed at half eight and not worry about cleaning up after their bbq or whatever

Reactions: 20
Imagine being able to go off to bed at half eight and not worry about cleaning up after their bbq or whatever
Honestly how like?? Seriously! What am I missing? Where am I going wrong? She makes it look and sound so easy. Anyone any recommendations, are sleep consultants worth it for toddlers or an over hyped gimic for vulnerable parents to buy into? 😫😴😴

Reactions: 3
I was just thinking the same. I’ve a list of things to be done after bedtime here & that’s with my husband here to help. No chance of falling into bed at 8.30 without a care in the world

Reactions: 8
Honestly how like?? Seriously! What am I missing? Where am I going wrong? She makes it look and sound so easy. Anyone any recommendations, are sleep consultants worth it for toddlers or an over hyped gimic for vulnerable parents to buy into? 😫😴😴
I’ve never used sleep consultant but personally I think it’s nonsense and the play into venerable tired parents who would do anything for sleep. what did our own mothers do? They just got on with it. Some babies are great sleepers, some are shite and that’s just the way it goes. Sure before lisa copped how to turn of showing when she was last active on insta, she was always online during night.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Do people pick at the accents of other instagrammers on their threads? Not defending Lisa but her pronunciation would be fairly common around the Cork/Limerick border, including the dropped th. I have cousins down that way and would have heard similar from lots of people over the years.

Honestly if you had nothing to do all day expect whip up afew pancakes or pinwheels in the morning, and then spend the rest of the day sitting on couch 🛋 or venturing outside the back garden sitting on a sun lounger, while everything else is done for you, cleaning, cooking , clothes washing etc and if you did need to leave the house anytime you would have a full time helper with you at every outing ......then none of us would be googling sleep consultations 🙈 we would all be fully rested

Reactions: 5
Lucy Wolfes book is very helpful! I know people who used her services as well but as someone has pointed out , some kids sleep and some don’t and majority of the time it’s nothing to do with routine or what the parents are doing , just luck !

Reactions: 1
I’m temporarily living in my folks’ place, while 9 months pregnant.
I still make damn sure to a) pick up after myself and my husband and b) pull my weight in general (loading/unloading the dishwasher, bringing the bins back in etc).
I doubt lisa lifts one lazy finger, hence why the house appears to be in utter shite, and manky to boot.

Reactions: 5
My first baby was a shite sleeper and I very nearly spent several hundred euro on a sleep consultant after listening to Caroline foran prattle on about one. I saw sense, and some time around my baby's first birthday she just started to sleep through even though I wasn't doing anything different. She never slept in a car seat, or buggy and still won't so we always had to work around her naps in the house.

Second baby is a great sleeper, sleeps in his buggy, car seat, in the sitting room with a toddler screaming. Doesn't bother him. Even at night he's sleeping long periods, not completely just yet but he's only a few months old.and still breastfeeding. I did absolutely nothing different than the first time. Don't let these instagrammers fool you, it's nothing they did, or paid for. It's luck or I'm pretty sure in the case of Lisa a big lie to make herself sound better, you are doing a great job just as you are and one day it will click and they will sleep through for you.

My first baby was a shite sleeper and I very nearly spent several hundred euro on a sleep consultant after listening to Caroline foran prattle on about one. I saw sense, and some time around my baby's first birthday she just started to sleep through even though I wasn't doing anything different. She never slept in a car seat, or buggy and still won't so we always had to work around her naps in the house.

Second baby is a great sleeper, sleeps in his buggy, car seat, in the sitting room with a toddler screaming. Doesn't bother him. Even at night he's sleeping long periods, not completely just yet but he's only a few months old.and still breastfeeding. I did absolutely nothing different than the first time. Don't let these instagrammers fool you, it's nothing they did, or paid for. It's luck or I'm pretty sure in the case of Lisa a big lie to make herself sound better, you are doing a great job just as you are and one day it will click and they will sleep through for you.

My first is 11 and Chris on a bike hes the WORLDS worst sleeper.... my second loves his sleep hes a brilliant sleeper has been from day 1

Reactions: 2
What on earth is she tired from?? She didn’t even put up any pictures from today the ones of the girls are from yesterday or day before!! She didn’t make the girls any dinner cos they were having a salad 😂 she’s unbelievable

Wow, sippy cup in the fridge. I’d never have thought to do that on a warm day.
She should write a book
Don't put ideas in her head!!!

What on earth is she tired from?? She didn’t even put up any pictures from today the ones of the girls are from yesterday or day before!! She didn’t make the girls any dinner cos they were having a salad 😂 she’s unbelievable
She's tired from momming ju kno.

Reactions: 1
Both of mine were iffy sleepers as babies but great now they're a bit older. It really is just the luck of the draw and whilst a good routine surely helps, I think the idea of paying a consultant a fortune is preying on tired vulnerable parents (just imo). But sure you see all kinds of parenting workshops now being flogged on IG, and I can't help but wonder why people can't do anything themselves without being told by some expert. And you'd use that term loosely in some cases. Everything from starting playschool, weaning to potty training your child. It just seems exploitative to me, of parents who want to do their best by their children. Sorry for going a bit ot, just another way these huns make normal parents feel like tit. It's mad, they sell their kids lives, privacy etc for ads and sp and somehow still have the power to make us normal mams feel like we're doing it all wrong.

Hilarious story there Lisa, my sides are splitting......maybe the reason "Pippa" is always at the clothesline is because you are a lazy lump and don't pull your weight around the house

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Hilarious story there Lisa, my sides are splitting......maybe the reason "Pippa" is always at the clothesline is because you are a lazy lump and don't pull your weight around the house
Maybe if she put her can & phone down she could help instead of making a joke about it. Her poor mother

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.