Line of Duty #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone else planning a full rewatch for everything they missed about H if we do find out? I need to go back for all the clues.

Reactions: 32
I think the best way forward if they were to do further season(s) is wrap up the H storyline this time and then go after the smaller fishes who were also involved whilst working on a good corruption case for that season, ala Danny Waldron season.

Reactions: 17
Yeah I’ve really missed that format this season

I think the best way forward if they were to do further season(s) is wrap up the H storyline this time and then go after the smaller fishes who were also involved whilst working on a good corruption case for that season, ala Danny Waldron season.

Reactions: 4
I cant listen to Craig's podcast. I really like him but some if his guests are total shite.

Sarah Millican 🤬 duck right off. Least unfunny person on TV. Seen funnier funerals.
I find him really smug, can't warm to him. Unlike the Shrine of Duty gang, I would love to go on the lash with them!

Reactions: 10
I replied to someone on Twitter re reasons why we could have a Series 7 in the future, similar to what was said by @Kofi Annan about the Danny season.

366A217E-C00E-4759-AF3D-D294DA2FB176.jpeg

Reactions: 4
I’m still adamant it’s not one of the main three. I think Jed is better than that. It would be super disappointing to me at least to have connected and loved these characters to then be told one of them is pure evil. Come on it wouldn’t make sense

Reactions: 14
I know I've said this before but it could be the nature of cover up as opposed to precisely who H is that's the shock. For example, if Carmicheal is having an affair with Osborne and is actually completely meek and controlled by him out of the office then her change in personality could be 'the' shock maybe.

i'm really starting to think steve is h.

- the shoot out in series 1 was a set up to plant steve in ac-12
- osbourne suspected (hence the 'you're finished' comment and the need to shut down ac-12
- kate suspects / has evidence which is why she was so upset (which wasn't really explained)
- kate possibly gave steve the wrong address / set a trap which is why she knows he's bent
- we didn't actually see jimmy lakewell say anything about the 'race claim', steve made it up to point to carmichael
- the bank notes in steph's house weren't from the stolen cash / given by hastings, steve just told kate this to cause her to suspect ted
- another suggested the scottish accent could come out - sounds crazy but it could happen!
- kate's comment about steve having an expensive car on a police wage possible suspicious
- ted suspects hence the drug testing

i think no-one really likes steve (as much as ted and kate anyway!) so this would probably go down well with fans! i'd love it even more if the audience found out it was steve but the characters didn't and next season was about catching him out!

- osbourne suspected (hence the 'you're finished' comment and the need to shut down ac-12
- kate suspects / has evidence which is why she was so upset (which wasn't really explained)
- kate possibly gave steve the wrong address / set a trap which is why she knows he's bent
- we didn't actually see jimmy lakewell say anything about the 'race claim', steve made it up to point to carmichael
- the bank notes in steph's house weren't from the stolen cash / given by hastings, steve just told kate this to cause her to suspect ted
- another suggested the scottish accent could come out - sounds crazy but it could happen!
- kate's comment about steve having an expensive car on a police wage possible suspicious

i think no-one really likes steve (as much as ted and kate anyway!) so this would probably go down well with fans! i'd love it even more if the audience found out it was steve but the characters didn't and next season was about catching him out!
[
All fairly valid points, except we basically saw Ted give the brown envelope to Steph in the graveyard

Reactions: 8
I like Steve!

but I still think he could be H. I hope not though! It would be a mad twist because he’s the first person we meet in episode one really.

Reactions: 8
in that case, if ted did give her the money maybe that's why steve is so adamant to get him caught for it - as it's *his* criminal funds? i'm guessing steph might suspect him too, which is why she's always so uneasy around him?

Reactions: 2

No one likes Steve?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Ummm, I very much like Steve and if he turned out to be bent even after everything he's gone through for like a decade screw bank holiday Monday I'm taking next week off work to reevaluate my life choices

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Ummm, I very much like Steve and if he turned out to be bent even after everything he's gone through for like a decade screw bank holiday Monday I'm taking next week off work to reevaluate my life choices
I feel like this if it's any of the main 3. I can't get my head around people saying they would like it to be one of the main characters. I'm too emotionally invested in all of them. For me it has to be someone I hate, or I shall be in mourning all week.

I feel like if it is any of the main three then they’ve really not made the most of their crime connections.
Ted is living in a small flat and has no purpose in life outside work, Steve was thrown to his death and near paralysed, and is about to be suspended for his back problems. I could almost buy it being Kate as she does keep her cards close to her chest but we saw ‘H’ specifically tell Jo to bump her off so she seems like an unlikely candidate too.

Reactions: 12
I feel like this if it's any of the main 3. I can't get my head around people saying they would like it to be one of the main characters. I'm too emotionally invested in all of them. For me it has to be someone I hate, or I shall be in mourning all week.
I just think this series has definitely highlighted how much the main three have lost because of their hunt for H. Kate lost her husband and ish-custody of her son and had to leave AC12 to protect her career which is arguably all she had left. Steve is addicted to pain from an injury caused during the hunt for H and is quite obviously lonely because of the effect its had on his libido. Ted lost his home and has now lost his job (almost) because of how hellbent he's been on finding out who is actually corrupt in the force.

If any of them were H, why would any of them lose that much? Surely there would be two having a tit time and the other coming out smelling of roses because they are being protected when, realistically, they've all been through so much they have barely anything left going for them other than finding out who H actually is.

Reactions: 27
I just think this series has definitely highlighted how much the main three have lost because of their hunt for H. Kate lost her husband and ish-custody of her son and had to leave AC12 to protect her career which is arguably all she had left. Steve is addicted to pain from an injury caused during the hunt for H and is quite obviously lonely because of the effect its had on his libido. Ted lost his home and has now lost his job (almost) because of how hellbent he's been on finding out who is actually corrupt in the force.

If any of them were H, why would any of them lose that much? Surely there would be two having a tit time and the other coming out smelling of roses because they are being protected when, realistically, they've all been through so much they have barely anything left going for them other than finding out who H actually is.
This is such a good point and one I've been trying to articulate for a few weeks now, although I've lacked the vision and clarity of thought to spell it out as well as you have here. I think people 'like' the idea that H could be one of the main trio but it's too obvious and, imo, lazy! I have a feeling now that H is Osborne but he won't go without a fight – he'll dish the dirt on AC-12 and leave them in the lurch (Steve with pain, Ted with the money to Steph, Kate shooting Ryan – could they all be about to lose their jobs if they unmask Osborne as H?)

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.