Line of Duty #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone else planning a full rewatch for everything they missed about H if we do find out? I need to go back for all the clues.
Yes - me and the hubby have decided to go back and see if we missed major clues, especially if it’s one of the main 3.

Reactions: 8
I find him really smug, can't warm to him. Unlike the Shrine of Duty gang, I would love to go on the lash with them!
Yeah, I can’t warm to him either. He makes such a big deal on twitter about having seen the next episode ahead as well and laying false hints, he just seems really smug and childish 🙊 Completely love the shrine team though, they’re amazing!

I think we’ll find out a H, but as Jo said it’s all splintered and I think the shock will be that that’s the case in the police as well. It kind of ties it up (the main H from all the seasons is caught) while leaving it open (more Hs at other stations) too, for whether it’s the last season or not.

I also think the OCG don’t get her, there’s a good chance Jo will kill herself. If we get a warning before the episode on Sunday, that’s what I’m going to expect.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I find him really smug, can't warm to him. Unlike the Shrine of Duty gang, I would love to go on the lash with them!
Oh god I love the SoD trio. I’ve decided that when travel is allowed and we can go to my partner’s parents’ in Dublin I’m going to hunt them down for a sesh 😂

• Heart
The icon for this thread is bleeping terrifying. I keep meaning to say this 😂

• Haha
i'm really starting to think steve is h.

- the shoot out in series 1 was a set up to plant steve in ac-12
- osbourne suspected (hence the 'you're finished' comment and the need to shut down ac-12
- kate suspects / has evidence which is why she was so upset (which wasn't really explained)
- kate possibly gave steve the wrong address / set a trap which is why she knows he's bent
- we didn't actually see jimmy lakewell say anything about the 'race claim', steve made it up to point to carmichael
- the bank notes in steph's house weren't from the stolen cash / given by hastings, steve just told kate this to cause her to suspect ted
- another suggested the scottish accent could come out - sounds crazy but it could happen!
- kate's comment about steve having an expensive car on a police wage possible suspicious
- ted suspects hence the drug testing

i think no-one really likes steve (as much as ted and kate anyway!) so this would probably go down well with fans! i'd love it even more if the audience found out it was steve but the characters didn't and next season was about catching him out!
I actually thought a lot of people liked Steve. I’ll be gutted if it’s him tbh.

Reactions: 4
All the theories sound so plausible!

Sunday is going to feel SO long.

Reactions: 1

- osbourne suspected (hence the 'you're finished' comment and the need to shut down ac-12
- kate suspects / has evidence which is why she was so upset (which wasn't really explained)
- kate possibly gave steve the wrong address / set a trap which is why she knows he's bent
- we didn't actually see jimmy lakewell say anything about the 'race claim', steve made it up to point to carmichael
- the bank notes in steph's house weren't from the stolen cash / given by hastings, steve just told kate this to cause her to suspect ted
- another suggested the scottish accent could come out - sounds crazy but it could happen!
- kate's comment about steve having an expensive car on a police wage possible suspicious

i think no-one really likes steve (as much as ted and kate anyway!) so this would probably go down well with fans! i'd love it even more if the audience found out it was steve but the characters didn't and next season was about catching him out!
I took Kate’s comment to mean he should be driving a grown up car not a boy racer type car lol

Reactions: 18
Totally convinced it's going to be Kate. It would explain why she left AC12 and why she ran after shooting Pilkington. No other reason really makes sense to me? She also let Jo take the blame for shooting Ryan. Plus the fact that they've never been able to find H despite getting so close, it would make sense that H was at the forefront of the investigation all along.

All that aside it won't have the same impact if it's a minor character. After the emotional rollercoaster of fearing Kate had been shot by Ryan, the most explosive ending would be her being H.

Reactions: 5
I thought she ran because she was worried OCG would come for her and also so she could get Jo to talk.

Reactions: 11
Tbh if they are going to reveal who H is and they are going to be doing tv appearances on Monday it’s going to defo be one of the main 3 characters!!!! Otherwise it won’t have the wow factor
People don’t really “know” Osbourne from watching the series so they aren’t gona tune in to watch him then 🤷🏻‍♀️
its defo one of the big 3!!!!
See that's why I think it'll be Thirwell and he's still alive and will play a huge part in the final episode. Nesbitt is the only 1 not to have done any Line of Duty interviews (obvious reasons being he was only just announced in the episode and apparently dead before his cameo?! 🤔) I'm not a fan of his really but he is well known, for other parts, but if Osbourne or another character that has only been in it a few times and not very known was to go do all these big interviews I don't think it would get quite the same buzz. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Wonder if Lisa McQueen will reappear. It will be obvious now that she knew about Ryan, yet never said about him when she was given immunity.

Reactions: 11
I thought she ran because she was worried OCG would come for her and also so she could get Jo to talk.
yep me too. She knew if she stayed she wouldn’t get away. We always see this, characters go “rogue” in order to get to the truth. Even though she wasnt successful that was clearly her intention. To uncover something big

A bent Twitter user made up the Carmichael “look beyond the race claim”. Nobody said it.

Reactions: 4
This Morning also said they’ll have a special guest on Monday morning from Line of Duty but wouldn’t say who. I’m assuming this will be “H”
So how can betting shops be offering odds when so many people in the media actually know who H is???

[
All fairly valid points, except we basically saw Ted give the brown envelope to Steph in the graveyard
Brown envelope with a condolence card in?
😂😉
Could’ve had ANYTHING inside

I think the best way forward if they were to do further season(s) is wrap up the H storyline this time and then go after the smaller fishes who were also involved whilst working on a good corruption case for that season, ala Danny Waldron season.
I said exactly this a few days ago 🤣

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - if Steve is H, the entire show is a lie.

We saw him get reluctantly recruited and he didn’t like the job at first. He also just contemplated leaving AC-12 with the investigation still under way. And why would he have put himself through all of the tit to the point he has erectile dysfunction??! We know how much he loves to bed a lady, surely no OCG involvement would be worth that?!

It’s almost as bad as bloody Dallas being all a dream or whatever it was (Who Shot JR storyline).

I could just about buy it’s Kate (although I’ll be annoyed). But not Steve, and Mother of God, not Ted in his crappy bedsit.

To be honest, I fully expect H to be someone obvious (Carmichael or Osbourne) BUT I do think it will be really cleverly written and there will be a twist we won’t see coming. It won’t be as cut and dry as “it’s Osbourne, lock him up, we solved it, the end”.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.