Line of Duty #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1) Despondent Ted makes me sad šŸ˜¢
2) I donā€™t see any upside to Jo taking the rap for shooting Ryan and Kate then going along with the story. I see that it might salve Joā€™s conscience a bit, but I can only see this coming back to bite Kate in the arse at some point. It was a totally justified shooting. That didnā€™t make any sense to me.
3) I enjoyed the glass box interview. I think Jo started to open up a bit on her own culpability, then no commented when it came to other peopleā€™s actions.
4) Carmichael is a smarmy bastard!! I donā€™t think sheā€™s bent but definitely steering things away from the Chief Constable. Whether thatā€™s just for brownie points / career advancement, or deliberately covering up for him, I am undecided šŸ¤”
5) Am unconvinced that wee Jimmy Nesbit is actually deid āš°. And who was the woman found dead alongside him??? TELL ME GODDAMMIT!!!!
6) I think Carmichaelā€™s line to Kate about being pragmatic is at the root of a lot of this show - see Jo, Buckles, etc. Maybe not deliberately embracing corruption, but by their inaction/acceptance of events, allow corruption to flourish. Is that worse?
7) bleeping HELL STEVE GET TO OCC HEALTH BEFORE THEY SACK YOUR WWW ARSE!
8) ā€œand the wee donkeyā€. Best line of the series!! I love you Ted, donā€™t change ā¤
9) Chloeā€™s a bit under-used. Maybe sheā€™ll come into her own in the final episode.
10) Has Steve not told Kate about the tracker on his car that Carmichael arranged!!

If youā€™ve made it this far, thanks for reading šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Can I just say (and I know next week I could totally be proved wrong) but I don't believe Kate or Steve are bent.

We have to remember that Steve had his fingers half cut off (and he finally got redemption for that tonight), was thrown in jail, Lindsey was killed in his car, he was then thrown down the stairs by Balaclava man. Kate had to witness all that done to her bestie, was also attacked by Lindsey, chased Dot down the street with a machine gun and was almost shot, watched Ted get arrested, knew she was working with Ryan who had almost cut Steve's fingers off.

If I were them, I'd have an emergency plan as well. Seeing as they seem to have the most dangerous jobs in the country I don't blame them for having a locker with some burner phones in and be the only people to know where each other are. Crikey if I were them think I'd have him put a GPS in my arm I'd be running round paranoid af šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 22
Maybe when Kate shot Ryan she revealed herself to Jo...

So Jo is now covering for Kate and her involvement

did anyone notice when Ted kept shouting who is he.. was nearly like it was obvious.... could H be a woman????

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Can I just say (and I know next week I could totally be proved wrong) but I don't believe Kate or Steve are bent.

We have to remember that Steve had his fingers half cut off (and he finally got redemption for that tonight), was thrown in jail, Lindsey was killed in his car, he was then thrown down the stairs by Balaclava man. Kate had to witness all that done to her bestie, was also attacked by Lindsey, chased Dot down the street with a machine gun and was almost shot, watched Ted get arrested, knew she was working with Ryan who had almost cut Steve's fingers off.

If I were them, I'd have an emergency plan as well. Seeing as they seem to have the most dangerous jobs in the country I don't blame them for having a locker with some burner phones in and be the only people to know where each other are. Crikey if I were them think I'd have him put a GPS in my arm I'd be running round paranoid af šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚
At this point in time I agree!! Iā€™ll be so sad if either of them turn out to be bent šŸ˜‚ I do think some of Kateā€™s actions are a bit iffy at times but theyā€™ve been through so much Iā€™ll be devo šŸ¤£

Is Thurwell dead or was that just a woman in the room? I need to watch it again.
They said he was, but that doesnā€™t mean much in LoD šŸ¤£

Reactions: 7
Just seen this on twitter and theyā€™re almost identical. Surely heā€™s still alive??
D97CC3FD-BB3C-4B1E-BD05-671EEEAE1BE0.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Iā€™m so disappointed about Ryan. Yes he made my blood boil but I felt he deserved a bigger send off then that!! I really donā€™t know what to make of tonightā€™s episode .......

Reactions: 20
I think its because Jo took the wrap for the shooting of Ryan, they'd have taken her statement and Carmichael said that CPS are gullible enough to believe Jo's story but she's not, she's pragmatic (think she means that she'll just accept it but doesn't believe it) so Kate would be free to go
Yes but sent right back on the case?

Reactions: 2
So Thirwell is now a police officer in Spain - faking his own death? Or am I completely wrong šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Iā€™m stressed that weā€™re all seeing definite similarities between the ā€œcaptainā€ and Thurwell but no one from AC-12 seemed to?! Either weā€™re digging too much into it or they shouldā€™ve gone to specsavers šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.