Lily Pebbles #6 the Tattle thread works harder than Lily!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really did enjoy her videos but since she got pregnant, and even worse since Grey arrived, it’s been so boring and bland. You know she has no idea what to do, she does the bare minimum, copying Anna when she can.

Reactions: 9
Idk why Lily insists of showing us the food that she eats, it makes me not want to cook the same. Lily you are no Anna

Reactions: 6
Idk why Lily insists of showing us the food that she eats, it makes me not want to cook the same. Lily you are no Anna
Not only does her food always look unappetising but she uses that horrid grey filter too. Her bland life and her bland food just exacerbated by the filters she uses on Instagram. So strange that she continues to use a grey/brown filter.

Reactions: 7
Not only does her food always look unappetising but she uses that horrid grey filter too. Her bland life and her bland food just exacerbated by the filters she uses on Instagram. So strange that she continues to use a grey/brown filter.
No wonder she called her daughter GREY

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Does anybody else get the impression that Lily may have only gone to university to find a husband?

Just something I found myself pondering on when somebody posted those photos of her looking super young at freshers week, wearing her hair in its natural curls. And Rich was already there, in the background, and presumably has been ever since.

We already know that Lily did not value her education, as she’s admitted that she never worked hard at school (despite her parents paying tens of thousands for private school), and her general lack of ability to use written expression and grammar. And I don’t think she’d already started her blog before she went to university, had she? So, she obviously wasn’t aiming to get a marketing degree to enhance her existing skills in the online arena. She also doesn’t seem to understand that education is a lifelong pursuit, hence her “biggest regret” being dropping history and geography, when she could just pick up a book and study that now.

I suppose there’s always the chance that she just went to uni for the life experience, and because it’s what people in her circle do, but I wonder if, maybe even sub-consciously, her aim in her mind was that this would be a useful place to find a man. I’ve wondered the same thing about Anna, too, especially since a poster pointed out on her thread that apparently she had said to another fresher, “That one is mine,” when she met Mark.

Does anybody else get the impression that Lily may have only gone to university to find a husband?

Just something I found myself pondering on when somebody posted those photos of her looking super young at freshers week, wearing her hair in its natural curls. And Rich was already there, in the background, and presumably has been ever since.

We already know that Lily did not value her education, as she’s admitted that she never worked hard at school (despite her parents paying tens of thousands for private school), and her general lack of ability to use written expression and grammar. And I don’t think she’d already started her blog before she went to university, had she? So, she obviously wasn’t aiming to get a marketing degree to enhance her existing skills in the online arena. She also doesn’t seem to understand that education is a lifelong pursuit, hence her “biggest regret” being dropping history and geography, when she could just pick up a book and study that now.

I suppose there’s always the chance that she just went to uni for the life experience, and because it’s what people in her circle do, but I wonder if, maybe even sub-consciously, her aim in her mind was that this would be a useful place to find a man. I’ve wondered the same thing about Anna, too, especially since a poster pointed out on her thread that apparently she had said to another fresher, “That one is mine,” when she met Mark.
Hmm good one, I don’t think that is the main purpose. I think a lot of us found our partner at university because that is where you meet people, I find it harder once you graduate, imagine dating your co-worker, nah.

It makes me wonder if she will send Grey to private school if she can afford it? I think she will just for the status.

I think for Lily, she goes to Uni because everyone else is going. She care too much of what people think of her, do we see her starting at 17 getting 17k working as an apprentice/ receptionist? If anything, I think she knows her dad will find her something somehow so there is always a safety net. Why not have fun for a few years and get daddy to find me a job.

She started her blog as a project in one of her marketing modules.

I think for Lily, Uni was just another box to be ticked.

Saying that, does anyone here listen to their podcast? I can't bring myself to, especially this week's topic being 'turning 30'. They are both in a 'job' where they earn a fortune for very little work, are both in their 2nd own home, are both married, and one has a child. So many people when they turn 30 have none of those boxes ticked, and are forever being asked about them by annoying family members.
And yet they still complain. It's unbelievable.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Saying that, does anyone here listen to their podcast? I can't bring myself to, especially this week's topic being 'turning 30'. They are both in a 'job' where they earn a fortune for very little work, are both in their 2nd own home, are both married, and one has a child. So many people when they turn 30 have none of those boxes ticked, and are forever being asked about them by annoying family members.
It's a very sad attempt at being relatable. They aren't the 'girl's next door' they were in their early YouTube days. Their lives are so different from their viewers.

Reactions: 7

I imagine it's more that it was just what they expected, their parents expected, what all their friends were doing etc.

And tbf, careers advice is pretty piss poor, school just steers everyone toward uni as if it's the only option!

Reactions: 1

Yeah, I listened to it while doing physio exercises. Didn’t make them more bearable.
So basically they complain that “society” expects you to be married, a home owner and maybe have a kid at 30. Then they put a disclaimer that they’re both married and home owners. So far so bland. There aren’t really any interesting insights. Apart from the fact that they are both too dumb to work out how old Lily is exactly. That really bugs me for some reason. I mean, I just know how old I am, but I’m sure if I didn’t I’d be able to work out the difference between my birth year and now.

Is it a UK thing to be expected to be a home owner? I’m German, it’s totally normal here to rent, and nobody expects me to buy a flat because everyone knows there’s no way I could afford that. 😅

Yeah, I listened to it while doing physio exercises. Didn’t make them more bearable.
So basically they complain that “society” expects you to be married, a home owner and maybe have a kid at 30. Then they put a disclaimer that they’re both married and home owners. So far so bland. There aren’t really any interesting insights. Apart from the fact that they are both too dumb to work out how old Lily is exactly. That really bugs me for some reason. I mean, I just know how old I am, but I’m sure if I didn’t I’d be able to work out the difference between my birth year and now.

Is it a UK thing to be expected to be a home owner? I’m German, it’s totally normal here to rent, and nobody expects me to buy a flat because everyone knows there’s no way I could afford that. 😅
We Brits are obsessed with home ownership. It’s the “ultimate goal” as far as most are concerned. You only have to turn on the tv and how many bloody housing programs we make in the UK to see this. Which is sad because for so many young adults it’s basically impossible, especially alone and even as a couple, without money from the bank of Mum and Dad or taking out a massive mortgage.

The government tries to Incentivise buyers with promises of 5% deposits or shared ownership etc. But we don’t build enough homes in this country and the new builds that go up are often overpriced, poorly built and close enough to your neighbours that you can shake hands through the windows.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Im not sure if it’s ‘expected’ as such but in our (my husband and I) friendship groups I can only think of two couples who rent, the rest of us have all bought. My husband’s friends are late 30s and mine are early 30s. All but two of his friends are married/engaged and the same two is are the only ones without a child.

I’ll add that where I live house prices are reasonable. You could buy an 8 bedroom home near me for less than a one bed studio in some parts of England.
Mortgages are cheaper than rent where I am too. I’m paying less than £400 for ours and friends in a tiny terrace are paying £600 in rent so I know they want to buy in order to save money but because they have so much going out in rent it’s difficult to save enough for a deposit 😬

• Wow

Also to add to what the others have said, rights for tenants are pretty horrendous here so home ownership is seen as far more stable, I think there's a feeling of vulnerability when renting.

Reactions: 8
Yes it is and it pisses me off.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Im not sure if it’s ‘expected’ as such but in our (my husband and I) friendship groups I can only think of two couples who rent, the rest of us have all bought. My husband’s friends are late 30s and mine are early 30s. All but two of his friends are married/engaged and the same two is are the only ones without a child.

I’ll add that where I live house prices are reasonable. You could buy an 8 bedroom home near me for less than a one bed studio in some parts of England.
Mortgages are cheaper than rent where I am too. I’m paying less than £400 for ours and friends in a tiny terrace are paying £600 in rent so I know they want to buy in order to save money but because they have so much going out in rent it’s difficult to save enough for a deposit 😬
Bloody hell, my mortgage is 3 times yours! Funny how there is such a mix across the UK. (Assuming we are in totally different parts as I own a 2 bed house)

“Swipe up to shop this look!”

... Now, why in God’s name would I want to do that?!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.