Lily Pebbles #6 the Tattle thread works harder than Lily!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bloody hell, my mortgage is 3 times yours! Funny how there is such a mix across the UK. (Assuming we are in totally different parts as I own a 2 bed house)
Had to do some conversion math but if it makes you feel better (probably won't) my mortgage in California is only slightly higher than yours (at 3x the op's). And that's pretty inexpensive for CA, all things considered.

Have to say I'm feeling pretty pissed off at the 'content' she's putting out. Wouldn't call it jealousy but definitely feeling bitter. Regardless of living with her parents to save up for years, she still must make so much effing money to afford a mortgage on that house. I'm not struggling financially by any means but have a lot of friends who unfortunately are right now, due to the pandemic or otherwise, and even I am nowhere near buying in London. I'd be fully in support if she put ANY effort in at all, but it's actually insulting to see this tit on her feed day in, day out.

Reactions: 10
Bloody hell, my mortgage is 3 times yours! Funny how there is such a mix across the UK. (Assuming we are in totally different parts as I own a 2 bed house)
That’s insane! A 2 bed house here would be around £70,000. I live in a 3 bed semi detached in Northern Ireland. One of the more expensive houses in my village is an 8 bedroom house for £275,000 🙈

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Also to add to what the others have said, rights for tenants are pretty horrendous here so home ownership is seen as far more stable, I think there's a feeling of vulnerability when renting.
Well, in Germany tenants are definitely quite well protected in comparison to the UK, even to the point where it’s ridiculously hard and expensive to get rid of tenants that don’t pay the rent …
But yeah, I live in a city that’s quite expensive for renting, my boyfriend and I pay almost 1000 € rent for a two-room flat, so saving up is difficult, and buying something similar would be about 250000 €, which is just madness. Sorry for the off-topic, I was just quite fascinated with Lily and Anna’s house owning situation because it is sooo far removed from my reality, and we’re the same age.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m so glad more and more of you are cottoning on to her copying Phillipa, means I’m not crazy! 😂

Reactions: 2
She still doesn't know how to dress her new body. She looks awkward and uncomfortable.

Reactions: 3
Well, in Germany tenants are definitely quite well protected in comparison to the UK, even to the point where it’s ridiculously hard and expensive to get rid of tenants that don’t pay the rent …
But yeah, I live in a city that’s quite expensive for renting, my boyfriend and I pay almost 1000 € rent for a two-room flat, so saving up is difficult, and buying something similar would be about 250000 €, which is just madness. Sorry for the off-topic, I was just quite fascinated with Lily and Anna’s house owning situation because it is sooo far removed from my reality, and we’re the same age.
To put all of this in perspective: I am just about to look for a new place to rent as the 34 sqm tiny flat we’re currently renting has just been sold for £420,000 😆 London pricing is so ridiculous but my job requires me to stay here.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
That’s insane! A 2 bed house here would be around £70,000. I live in a 3 bed semi detached in Northern Ireland. One of the more expensive houses in my village is an 8 bedroom house for £275,000 🙈
That's the start price for a 2 bed semi detached where I am in Essex near London ;)

Had to do some conversion math but if it makes you feel better (probably won't) my mortgage in California is only slightly higher than yours (at 3x the op's). And that's pretty inexpensive for CA, all things considered.
It’s pretty cheap for our area, when we first moved in we were paying 4 times the op’s...

Do you rent more in CA?

😱 my friend lives up North (in England) and was looking at a 4 bed for £90,000. Couldn’t bring myself to tell her how much we’d spent on ours for half the size!

We couldn’t even get a 1 bed when we were looking for the price of the 8 bed...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.