Lily Pebbles #5 Baby Greige turns one in age; but don't be silly, it's all about Lily!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s been gifted £900 worth of razors that she’s gifting to her Dad and Rich. Honestly if you’re not even buying your own Dad his Father’s Day present...I have no words
C314F01A-71E4-4FB4-9A45-D5905E5DA15E.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Going slightly off the topic here with gifts from brands versus gifts from your Nan. There used to be a YouTuber called Beata Jonite, her channel used to be called chanelegance (she doesn’t have time for YouTube now, but let’s say she did). And her mum owns a brand called Nolo. So if her mum gifts her a piece from her own brand, would she need to tag it as “ad-gifted” or not? 🙈 Also if something was gifted to her mum (they are from Latvia, and they are kind of celebrities there, or it seems to be) and she uses it, does she need to say “ad-gifted”? Really just wondering here, lol 😂
No But one would expect her to say it’s a gift from her mum. In legal terms “gift” has a specific meaning.

I
No But one would expect her to say it’s a gift from her mum. In legal terms “gift” has a specific meaning.
I more meant if she does a style post/video and wears their clothes. Technically on one side it is a gift from her mum, BUT it is also a brand gifting an influencer a product to promote?

It seems to me that the Influencers are annoyed that they have to be transparent, it makes their job harder and highlights the greedy nature of the industry. Personally, I assume everything was given for free and/or with payment, as at this point, I don't think they'd bother to post if they'd paid for it themselves.

I used to feel influenced before all the ad rules were introduced and occasionally would buy something I'd seen on Instagram, as I (naively) assumed the Influencer had bought and genuinely rated it, so I absolutely understand the need for clarity. I'm much less influenced now as I know they're only raving about it because they were paid to do so.

I think Lily tried to bring in her own rules to show how experienced she was and that she knew better than everyone else, but honestly, it was just more confusing. All I need to know is whether it was free, or whether they've been paid to advertise. Anything else is just overkill. Where the lines blur is things that have been previously gifted, eg, does Lily add a disclaimer every time her kitchen is in shot? No, and if you were a new follower, you'd assume she'd paid for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It seems to me that the Influencers are annoyed that they have to be transparent, it makes their job harder and highlights the greedy nature of the industry. Personally, I assume everything was given for free and/or with payment, as at this point, I don't think they'd bother to post if they'd paid for it themselves.

I used to feel influenced before all the ad rules were introduced and occasionally would buy something I'd seen on Instagram, as I (naively) assumed the Influencer had bought and genuinely rated it, so I absolutely understand the need for clarity. I'm much less influenced now as I know they're only raving about it because they were paid to do so.

I think Lily tried to bring in her own rules to show how experienced she was and that she knew better than everyone else, but honestly, it was just more confusing. All I need to know is whether it was free, or whether they've been paid to advertise. Anything else is just overkill. Where the lines blur is things that have been previously gifted, eg, does Lily add a disclaimer every time her kitchen is in shot? No, and if you were a new follower, you'd assume she'd paid for it.
I have seen newer entrance does this when they posted a picture (eg. Have a lovely morning <features previously gifted items, chair from xxx, table from yyy, vase from zzz)

i dont think lily or Anna does this which is a shame they are the originals and yet somehow cannot be fully transparent

Reactions: 6
Anyone think she paid for Grey's sandals that she just featured on her stories? No "PR/ad/gift" in sight!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I mean can they not put ‘AD- gifted <note that this is not a paid engagement> ‘

Fluer is lovely I don’t think she has a hate thread here, she sums it up well. At least she has an opinion
She does but more of a rave thread. She is the absolute best of the lot of them 💙

I unfollowed her after I just had enough of her being so patronising all the time and when she kept sticking the ad/gifted in the top or bottom of screen on stories so it would be covered by her username or the message box 🙄🙄 Like others of said we are not thick dumbos I just want to know - did you get something for free, are you getting paid to work with brand or did you pay for it off your own back ( oh look! A pig flying past my window!) when she goes on about how us dumbos don’t understand how the PR industry works?! Yes we do! It’s quite simple- brands send you things in the hope you will talk about it to your followers. They are not doing it out of the kindness of their hearts. It’s quite simple. She likes to make out it’s the complex industry, honestly never known someone have such tantrums over having to declare she’s getting free stuff!

I also like Fleur, she is very down to earth When talking about cost of a product etc she still will comment when things are pricey and I’ve always liked the Christmas gift guides she does! she is always clear and doesn’t seem to have a chip on her shoulder about having to declare gifts etc and she just gets on with it.

Reactions: 15
She is nothing but a miserable negative person. She says she is a "realist" but she isn't she is woe is me.....I'm a realist. But I have a fun side. Even if I failed at a couch to 5k I would laugh and joke about it. Not show a moany faced (looking like a cow licking piss of a nettle) face. Yeah I failed but it is light hearted in what is going on in the world now, who cares......

Reactions: 14
It’s so unsurprising that she’s given up really. Says it all, she has no drive to follow anything through. It would have made the most decent content she’s had for a while which is saying a lot.

Reactions: 9
It’s literally 30 mins, three times a week.

Appreciate that is hard to fit in her schedule

Anyone think she paid for Grey's sandals that she just featured on her stories? No "PR/ad/gift" in sight!

Probs trying to make a point

Reactions: 7
I have a gut feeling she was probably skipping days, but not staying with the schedule. So, instead of Day 5 of the program, she skipped to Day 9, but it’s only her 5th time out. I guess that elusive runner’s high never came.

Not defending her but man I really hate running, never love and never will. I think is important to find something you like, I enjoy spin and Pilates but I guess she does this because everyone on her feed started doing it. Thing with Lily is that she complaint about every single thing, she love reformer Pilates but made a point to mention that she is one of the originals that discovered that and the fact it became popular annoyed her a wee bit; and that is why she cannot be truly content and happy as she always wanted more . Annoyed me a bit when she keeps saying when we have ‘more children’....- be content with what you have and enjoy the moment.

Reactions: 13
Has she not got the obligatory Peleton yet?
If not is she waiting to be 'gifted' it?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not defending her but man I really hate running, never love and never will. I think is important to find something you like, I enjoy spin and Pilates but I guess she does this because everyone on her feed started doing it. Thing with Lily is that she complaint about every single thing, she love reformer Pilates but made a point to mention that she is one of the originals that discovered that and the fact it became popular annoyed her a wee bit; and that is why she cannot be truly content and happy as she always wanted more . Annoyed me a bit when she keeps saying when we have ‘more children’....- be content with what you have and enjoy the moment.
I agree, some people just hate running or doesn't work for them, HOWEVER, her heart wasn't in it from the beginning always felt like a massive chore. I'm on week 5 of c25k and really enjoying it! but i think it wasn't enjoying it after a couple of weeks i may of stopped too x

Reactions: 3
She was never going to enjoy or complete C25K. She started out with a negative attitude and expected to hate it, so it’s not surprising that she hated it. And what’s interesting is that most grown ups know that the greatest rewards come from things you have to work for, which Lily will always be missing out on. I don’t love running, found the C25K hard, but there IS pleasure to be found if you work hard to find it. I might not love it, but I get satisfaction from completing every run, even when my body doesn’t want to. She’s missing out, it’s very sad, and it’s such an indicator of how she won’t find pleasure in anything I’m her life.

Reactions: 10
She was never going to enjoy or complete C25K. She started out with a negative attitude and expected to hate it, so it’s not surprising that she hated it. And what’s interesting is that most grown ups know that the greatest rewards come from things you have to work for, which Lily will always be missing out on. I don’t love running, found the C25K hard, but there IS pleasure to be found if you work hard to find it. I might not love it, but I get satisfaction from completing every run, even when my body doesn’t want to. She’s missing out, it’s very sad, and it’s such an indicator of how she won’t find pleasure in anything I’m her life.
so true!! it's been really hard doing it as previously the only think i ran for was for the bus haha, but lily was just moaning SO much on the first day, also i think she didn't need to post every single element of the process i.e putting her trainers on etc, maybe just do a weekly roundup or something

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.