Lily Pebbles #5 Baby Greige turns one in age; but don't be silly, it's all about Lily!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've experienced racism. I'm Irish and while on a family holiday in Cyprus when I was just 16 a gang of much older English lads called me a Paddy witch and threatened to rape me. All because they heard my accent in a shop I went to buy water in. If it wasn't for a Cyprian woman making me stay inside a locked shop until the police arrived things could have turned out worse. Little did they know my actual maternal grandfather came from London and married an Irish lady. I will always be thankful to that little lady for locking her shop and not letting me leave till police brought me back to my apartment. No mobile phones back then to even alert my parents as to what was happening.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
On her latest post on the 4th point where she writes "If I can make a conscious effort to buy from female owned businesses, I can most definitely do this for black-owned businesses too" If this is a thought that has occured to her just now then in the past your efforts never extended to Black women or other Women of colour when you thought about female businesses Lily? This just exposes that her "feminism", like so many other influencers, was always centered around whiteness and was never intersectional.

Reactions: 11
I guess I wouldn’t be able to fully understand it, because although I am white, as a Russian you don’t experience a lot of the privileges thata British person may have. I do have it better than BAME, but I have been harassed on the streets many times since moving to UK. I had to get of trains and buses after people would harass me for talking on the phone to my mum in Russian. When I had to get a visa sorted in the Home Office in Croydon, the machines didn’t work on me because my skin was “too pale”. I have had people saying to me that my face looks weird, that I shouldn’t be here, that I and other people like me should die (that was after the Skripal poisoning).
I have seen the tv show, and I guess the difference is that I was brought up to not see race, but just see a person.

I guess then my question is that why BLM is more important than anything else? No one blamed Lily for not talking about the Uyghurs in China, or the killing of gay people in Chechnya, or any of the other matters like this one?
When I saw her post about running it reminded me of the time when I was harassed near Charing Cross station by a white Englishman. I didn’t think she was referring to black people or Asian people, or “insert race/nation here” people, for me she was just talking about the safety of a particular street. Charing Cross isn’t necessarily black/Asian area, but I don’t feel safe there.
I can relate to your experiences as Slavic myself, my boyfriend and I struggled finding an apartment because the agents often ignore applicants with Slavic names (Germany), we were only able to rent in a building owned by someone with Slavic origins who rents to all foreigners equally; now that we can afford a 'better' place again no replies, not even a no.
As white we usually get treated normally until we speak with an accent, then occasionally we are obviously discriminated, last week a salesman studied carefully the signature on my BF's bank card for a 30 euro purchase (my BF struggles with German but still tries to speak instead of switching to English, he works in a multinational).
I've had people shout at me for speaking my language on the phone, it's mostly by elderly ladies, they seem to be the biggest haters.
I have another friend here who is Baltic married to a black American and she was shocked how people treat her mixed race son on public transport (elderly women again, what's wrong with them?) and we also had a an old lady shout at us at a department store for speaking English to each other.
Other than that we live in a very multicultural area of Germany and everyone gets a chance if they respect the law and work hard and I wouldn't go anywhere else except as a tourist. I work in a team consisting of several races, religions, nationalities from various continents and we all get along and find something in common.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I can relate to your experiences as Slavic myself, my boyfriend and I struggled finding an apartment because the agents often ignore applicants with
I have average European features, my parents are from Montenegro/Bosnia and we are white with dark brown eyes and hair. People don't expect me to be an immigrant, so I have met a handful of pretty racist older people (asking for directions, the time, when the buss comes etc.). Its pretty awkward when they start talking and suddenly they have a racist remark on someone who looks like a immigrant.

My last name is Slavic and I am having a hard time getting into interviews, even when I qualify for the position and pretty much have most, if not all of the tings they ask for. I have been strongly considering adding a Norwegian last name, just to see if it makes my life easier. The only reason I have not done that yet, is that I have no money for new diplomas and a new passport.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Gaines mentioned earlier but I have wondered if she has post partum/natal depression.. have she is struggling ....

I think she’s just a miserable person! This coming from someone who has had PND! Someone being a misery doesn’t automatically mean they have mental health issues!

Reactions: 9
Collwaguw has said Gleam have seen the story. I dont understand how they represent her

Reactions: 2
I feel bad for her somehow, I feel like she genuinely cannot win haha and that tells you how important is one reputation. She basically gets roasted on the BLM (orange post) that she made. Maybe is well-intended but i also felt like Gleam has given them a script/ prep talk as to what to say.

Reactions: 1
I mean we can never say for certain that it’s not PND but I personally think with Lily it’s the fact she’s so spoilt and privileged.

Its obvious she comes from a rich family as those people never try that hard as there’s always money to fall back on. They have less fear of failing.
Most young people struggle through uni working and trying not to get in a load of debt. Many will rent for the rest of their lives as can never save enough for a deposit in London. Many people have to work hard at their jobs, do professional training to get promoted, work long hours etc. Lily landed on her feet with her boring dry content in a growing influencer industry which meant she got a big audience despite doing nothing particularly outstanding. She fell pregnant easily, Grey seems a straightforward child despite Lily’s moans.

I don’t think that kind of life brings happiness. Nothing to work hard for or save up for. Her house Reno was pretty much gifted so she can moan about things now and feel no guilt if she rips things out in time. Doesn’t have to save for bags or shoes or nice clothes.

i can imagine it becomes an empty existence.
I’m not excusing her as I think so many other people in her position would be grateful. But it’s clear she’s missing purpose, because when your life is easy you don’t need to try therefore no purpose.

I’m saving for a new kitchen. I have for 5 years. When it gets put it I will be so happy and grateful. I will love it flaws and all, because when it goes in I have hit my goal and it’s an improvement on what I had. Lily has never had anything bad in her life so she cannot appreciate the good.
Just my opinion obviously!

Reactions: 18
I have average European features, my parents are from Montenegro/Bosnia and we are white with dark brown eyes and hair. People don't expect me to be an immigrant, so I have met a handful of pretty racist older people (asking for directions, the time, when the buss comes etc.). Its pretty awkward when they start talking and suddenly they have a racist remark on someone who looks like a immigrant.

My last name is Slavic and I am having a hard time getting into interviews, even when I qualify for the position and pretty much have most, if not all of the tings they ask for. I have been strongly considering adding a Norwegian last name, just to see if it makes my life easier. The only reason I have not done that yet, is that I have no money for new diplomas and a new passport.
Read this. Doesn’t have to be on formal paperwork, it’s just to get you in the door.

Reactions: 2
I hope everyone here realises that we've now talked about this topic here more than Lily ever well.

*will.... duh. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Her comment about not spending enough time with Grey made me really sad - her entire life is home based, her ‘work’ is flexible, her husband is at home all the time at the moment and supports with child care, and she apparently has no hobbies or interests to distract her, and she still feels she’s not giving enough focus to her child so god knows what she is doing all day.

If she put the phone down and stopped putting every single thought she had onto insta stories she might find she’s able to live in the moment a bit more and develop a passion for things that interest her rather than thinking a video of her and her husband moodily eating lunch was of interest to anyone watching.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I've experienced racism. I'm Irish and while on a family holiday in Cyprus when I was just 16 a gang of much older English lads called me a Paddy witch and threatened to rape me. All because they heard my accent in a shop I went to buy water in. If it wasn't for a Cyprian woman making me stay inside a locked shop until the police arrived things could have turned out worse. Little did they know my actual maternal grandfather came from London and married an Irish lady. I will always be thankful to that little lady for locking her shop and not letting me leave till police brought me back to my apartment. No mobile phones back then to even alert my parents as to what was happening.
Before I say this let me state I too am Irish. But what you described is not racism. It’s discrimination. It’s abusive. It’s not racism.

Reactions: 26
Her comment about not spending enough time with Grey made me really sad - her entire life is home based, her ‘work’ is flexible, her husband is at home all the time at the moment and supports with child care, and she apparently has no hobbies or interests to distract her, and she still feels she’s not giving enough focus to her child so god knows what she is doing all day.

If she put the phone down and stopped putting every single thought she had onto insta stories she might find she’s able to live in the moment a bit more and develop a passion for things that interest her rather than thinking a video of her and her husband moodily eating lunch was of interest to anyone watching.
right? I don't really understand what she said, especially because everyone is also stuck at home, so if anything you have EVEN MORE TIME. Too much time spent setting up a camera and not enough just enjoying the moment!

Reactions: 6
I can relate to your experiences as Slavic myself, my boyfriend and I struggled finding an apartment because the agents often ignore applicants with Slavic names (Germany), we were only able to rent in a building owned by someone with Slavic origins who rents to all foreigners equally; now that we can afford a 'better' place again no replies, not even a no.
As white we usually get treated normally until we speak with an accent, then occasionally we are obviously discriminated, last week a salesman studied carefully the signature on my BF's bank card for a 30 euro purchase (my BF struggles with German but still tries to speak instead of switching to English, he works in a multinational).
I've had people shout at me for speaking my language on the phone, it's mostly by elderly ladies, they seem to be the biggest haters.
I have another friend here who is Baltic married to a black American and she was shocked how people treat her mixed race son on public transport (elderly women again, what's wrong with them?) and we also had a an old lady shout at us at a department store for speaking English to each other.
Other than that we live in a very multicultural area of Germany and everyone gets a chance if they respect the law and work hard and I wouldn't go anywhere else except as a tourist. I work in a team consisting of several races, religions, nationalities from various continents and we all get along and find something in common.
yes, I honestly don’t get why so many lovely looking old ladies say such awful things! I wish I could change my Russian surname, I got married last year (to an Englishman, and the amount of loops you have to jump with the Home office is ridiculous), and I don’t have enough money to change my surname legally in my passport (I have to go to Russia to do that). If I apply for a job with my Russian surname, I get no replies, not even a no. When I applied with my husband’s surname, I got responses. But then the refused me because my right to work is in a different name, even though I have a UK marriage certificate.
I sometimes wonder how much Lily would moan if she had to go through anything like this.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Would like to see who she invites for her at home with podcast, or are they even inviting guests to chat? Or they are just chatting with one and other on a podcast?

Would like to see who she invites for her at home with podcast, or are they even inviting guests to chat? Or they are just chatting with one and other on a podcast?
Probably depend on how much Anna is going to plan and work things out, don't think Lily is doing much work. I already forgot about the podcast 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
yes, I honestly don’t get why so many lovely looking old ladies say such awful things! I wish I could change my Russian surname, I got married last year (to an Englishman, and the amount of loops you have to jump with the Home office is ridiculous), and I don’t have enough money to change my surname legally in my passport (I have to go to Russia to do that). If I apply for a job with my Russian surname, I get no replies, not even a no. When I applied with my husband’s surname, I got responses. But then the refused me because my right to work is in a different name, even though I have a UK marriage certificate.
I sometimes wonder how much Lily would moan if she had to go through anything like this.
As long as the right information is on your employment forms once you get the job, you can just put your married name on your CV.

Probably depend on how much Anna is going to plan and work things out, don't think Lily is doing much work. I already forgot about the podcast 🤷‍♀️
They said it was just going to be the two of them having a chat....

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.