Lily Pebbles #5 Baby Greige turns one in age; but don't be silly, it's all about Lily!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
^^
To be honest it's hard to judge if "some minorities have it better than others" xenophobia is rife even between England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland & Northern Ireland. I'm not capping for any of them (I'm not white or from there) but it generally stems from the British Empire, namely England. You'd be mortified by how English people talk about Irish or Scottish people.
I think it's easy if you grow up somewhere in which "minorities" are treated well to think this is the same everywhere, it's by large not the same, but I can understand how that means you process things.

It's sad but expected, I knew Lily would never speak about this - she does not care. Even with the protests in London, I'm sure she's wishing it didn't come to her precious city, but she forgets that London doesn't only just reflect her and her friends, tons of open-minded white people are joining in the protest because it's about speaking out against injustice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I am really sorry to hear that. When I moved to UK I thought it was better than Russia, but I guess I was wrong. I mentioned Asian kids that went to the same school as I did and nothing like that ever happened.
I think it's important that you don't speak for the children you keep mentioning - what you could see on the surface might have been very different to their experience. It might not have been, you might be describing it exactly as they would but I think we should not presume to understand others experience of race and racism.

Reactions: 9
^^
To be honest it's hard to judge if "some minorities have it better than others" xenophobic is rife even between England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland & Northern Ireland. I'm not capping for any of them (I'm not white or from there) but it generally stems from the British Empire, namely England. You'd be mortified by how English people talk about Irish or Scottish people.
I think it's easy if you grow up somewhere in which "minorities" are treated well to think this is the same everywhere, it's by large not the same, but I can understand how that means you process things.

It's sad but expected, I knew Lily would never speak about this - she does not care. Even with the protests in London, I'm sure she's wishing it didn't come to her precious city, but she forgets that London doesn't only just reflect her and her friends, tons of open-minded white people are joining in the protest because it's about speaking out against injustice.
I only said that about some minorities having it better than others is because when I did my masters degree in the UK (in a university with a severe racist scandal in the last few years), there were lots of international students. Me and another Russian on our course experienced harassment, people from Poland and Latvia talked about it as well, whilst people on our course from Italy, Germany and Spain looked shocked when we talked about it and said that it never happened to them. We were in the same city, in the same position. It could be just our experience and we as Eastern European’s were unlucky and they were lucky.

Reactions: 1
^^
To be honest it's hard to judge if "some minorities have it better than others" xenophobic is rife even between England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland & Northern Ireland. I'm not capping for any of them (I'm not white or from there) but it generally stems from the British Empire, namely England. You'd be mortified by how English people talk about Irish or Scottish people.

Very much there is racism against Irish people. During the Victorian period Irish people were considered by the English to be just as “depraved, less than human” than black people.
SOME ( just some) of My experiences growing up black in the uk ( also I’m under the age of 25 )
- being chased around the school with my friends by a white boy calling us black b*tches whilst he threw basketballs at us
- neighbour repeatedly leaving dirty nappies in the driveway for months
- my sister getting in trouble at school for being angry when a white girl stole food from her lunchbox
- racist “jokes” at school and work amongst fellow students and colleagues
- someone shouting racial slurs at work when you’re doing your job
-teachers making mean comments on the lunch i ate at school
- not learning about the racist history of the UK at school so the Uk can carry on hiding behind its racism and pushing America as the number 1 culprit
Britain is especially bad at owning up to its history. In school we didn’t even learn about the slave trade, just WW1 and WW2 over and over again. It’s truly shameful.

Reactions: 4
Thank you again for a good explanation. Class will never be something that I will fully understand.
I guess the difference is for my experience with ethnic minorities is that I grew up in a city where what would be considered a “minority” in regards to the population of Russia as whole was in fact a majority in that city. That probably helped. Generally speaking, some minorities have it better than others (I suppose Italians in the Uk get better treatment than let’s say Polish people in general) but in any of my workplaces, or the university/schools I have attended I have ever seen people being treated worse than others. There was one incodent in my university where a Chinese foreign student sexually harassed another student, and he was expelled and deported back to China, but the same happened with a Russian student after I graduated. He was also expelled (obviously not deported). I guess some people would say that it was racist to deport that student, but the student visa rules are very simple - if you are expelled for whatever reason from your university, your visa will be revoked. Same as in the UK, actually.
Essex?

I think it's important that you don't speak for the children you keep mentioning - what you could see on the surface might have been very different to their experience. It might not have been, you might be describing it exactly as they would but I think we should not presume to understand others experience of race and racism.
Well, there were mentions of lunch being made fun of or stolen - we all ate school lunch, so that couldn’t have happened. As part of the school prefect team, we had to watch all of the recreational areas, check the toilets, etc, etc, and no one ever saw or reported anything like that. I can only talk about in-school environment, but we were all very encouraged to talk about any bullying (which is how I know that both Asian and non-asian kids were called four-eyes for wearing glasses). That was dealt with, and the bully (the same child) was put on was called “individual learning” (when he had essentially sessions once a week with the teachers in school and home schooled the other days) So that he wouldn’t be in school when the other children were there. I guess I should have enclosed more about why I have a certain level of confidence that inside the school things like that didn’t happen.

Well, there were mentions of lunch being made fun of or stolen - we all ate school lunch, so that couldn’t have happened. As part of the school prefect team, we had to watch all of the recreational areas, check the toilets, etc, etc, and no one ever saw or reported anything like that. I can only talk about in-school environment, but we were all very encouraged to talk about any bullying (which is how I know that both Asian and non-asian kids were called four-eyes for wearing glasses). That was dealt with, and the bully (the same child) was put on was called “individual learning” (when he had essentially sessions once a week with the teachers in school and home schooled the other days) So that he wouldn’t be in school when the other children were there. I guess I should have enclosed more about why I have a certain level of confidence that inside the school things like that didn’t happen.
It's also not necessarily about outward indicators of racism or xenophobia, whether intentional or not. A lot of it is microaggressions and implicit bias, things you might do in your day to day life and not even realize it - crossing the street if you see a group of Black men or making a seemingly innocent joke about all Asians being smart or even - like Lily has been known to do - making a comment that a particular ethnic group's food is "gross". We've been conditioned to have certain attitudes or assumptions towards different groups of people even if we don't recognize it. That's why talking about this sort of stuff with kids early on is really important and then as adults going through a process of unlearning and critical thinking.

Reactions: 2
And without sounding accusatory, Russia has a terribly racist reputation for targeting black people and ethnic minorities. (Not all Russians but a generalised international reputation.) Especially in international football.
Tattlers we have a great mix of intelligent people on here. Different ages, nationalities etc and that’s brought us together on debates about influencers and other matters. I respect each and everyone of you for your opinion, regardless of whether I agree or not.

I’d like to share my background to give an idea on diversity and differences. I am British Indian, bone and brought up in England. Married to a white American man (his Dad American and mother British both white). My eldest son is 23 married to White Russian girl. Each of us have experienced either racism, xenophobia or some form of bigotry. What we all notice is my skin colour is alway the most obvious target in various circumstances, one son more white looking and the other looks mixed ... he also get targeted for the obvious difference. My husband gets derogatory comments from Indian community even British whites, my Russian daughter in law gets comments from white and Indian and other communities....in other words the world is full of discrimination and bigotry...some of us notice some of us don’t.... what we shouldn’t do is accept it ...we challenge for ourselves and for others. As a lawyer, I’ve had the most overt racist experiences I’ve eyes years ...I’m astounded I never stood up for myself and challenged colleagues and people. My sons I’ve brought to challenge others and not judge anyone for their background, colour sexuality or differences and to look at the essence of a person. We should all be doing that.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Tattlers we have a great mix of intelligent people on here. Different ages, nationalities etc and that’s brought us together on debates about influencers and other matters. I respect each and everyone of you for your opinion, regardless of whether I agree or not.

I’d like to share my background to give an idea on diversity and differences. I am British Indian, bone and brought up in England. Married to a white American man (his Dad American and mother British both white). My eldest son is 23 married to White Russian girl. Each of us have experienced either racism, xenophobia or some form of bigotry. What we all notice is my skin colour is alway the most obvious target in various circumstances, one son more white looking and the other looks mixed ... he also get targeted for the obvious difference. My husband gets derogatory comments from Indian community even British whites, my Russian daughter in law gets comments from white and Indian and other communities....in other words the world is full of discrimination and bigotry...some of us notice some of us don’t.... what we shouldn’t do is accept it ...we challenge for ourselves and for others. As a lawyer, I’ve had the most overt racist experiences I’ve eyes years ...I’m astounded I never stood up for myself and challenged colleagues and people. My sons I’ve brought to challenge others and not judge anyone for their background, colour sexuality or differences and to look at the essence of a person. We should all be doing that.
My apologies, I didn’t mean for my comment to come across as xenophobic against Russians. I’m really sorry if it did!

Just as you’ve said, we all have our prejudices and biases (conscious and not) and we all need to work on those. 100%.

And if we are a person with privilege, using our voices and bettering our actions to stand up for our those whose voices are drowned out.

Reactions: 2
My apologies, I didn’t mean for my comment to come across as xenophobic against Russians. I’m really sorry if it did!

Just as you’ve said, we all have our prejudices and biases (conscious and not) and we all need to work on those. 100%.

And if we are a person with privilege, using our voices and bettering our actions to stand up for our those whose voices are drowned out.
This is interesting, as a Russian I didn’t think your comment was xenophobic at all. I guess we all have different thresholds for these things, and that’s why for some people it’s difficult to know where to draw the line.

Jeez she's winding me up!

Just posted on stories saying she's taking part in blackout Tuesday... not in solidarity, no mention of racism, but because Grey is having her jabs. So... a day when she probably wouldn't have used her phone much anyway.

Still making this all about herself.

• Angry
Reactions: 18
SOME ( just some) of My experiences growing up black in the uk ( also I’m under the age of 25 )
- being chased around the school with my friends by a white boy calling us black b*tches whilst he threw basketballs at us
- neighbour repeatedly leaving dirty nappies in the driveway for months
- my sister getting in trouble at school for being angry when a white girl stole food from her lunchbox
- racist “jokes” at school and work amongst fellow students and colleagues
- someone shouting racial slurs at work when you’re doing your job
-teachers making mean comments on the lunch i ate at school
- not learning about the racist history of the UK at school so the Uk can carry on hiding behind its racism and pushing America as the number 1 culprit
I am sorry that you experienced that.

My fiance had to go to a course for work about white privilege. There was a Black man there sharing his experiences of racism and he said that his young daughter (about aged 7) was at school and a group of kids came up to her and said to her: "why is your skin dirty?"
That is completely unacceptable. Children need to be taught about BLM / other races from a young age at home.

There is also a white allyship thread, where we can talk about this more in-depth.

Just seen her post about not being present with Grey and taking part in blackout Tuesday (only because she’s getting jabs not because cares about the message behind it)

I watched one of Lucy Carter’s baby vlogs today and it actually struck me how loving and caring she is towards her little twins. It made me think about the way Lily shows her interactions and I felt really sorry for little Grey. Lucy is so attentive and nurturing, you can tell she just adores her 4 kids so much. Whereas with Lily I’ve never seen a genuine display of affection or love towards Grey? Always just ‘a pig in tit’ or ‘her toys are so colourful and don’t match my aesthetic’ ugh poor little Grey.

Reactions: 8
Jeez she's winding me up!

Just posted on stories saying she's taking part in blackout Tuesday... not in solidarity, no mention of racism, but because Grey is having her jabs. So... a day when she probably wouldn't have used her phone much anyway.

Still making this all about herself.
She said she hasn’t been present enough with her recently. Does she mean the last 375ish days?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I am actually quite sorry for Lily. I started watching her a couple of years ago and I really liked her, but not quite so much now. I think she might have had mild postpartum depression, and she is definitely lost with her YouTube. With a baby it’s a lot more difficult to go out and spend whole days in London (minus vlogs), her body shape changed so she doesn’t know what to wear (minus style videos). She is not as likeable as Fleur de Force (although she has her own problems) and she isn’t mumsy enough to be a mum blogger. She also only has one child, and most mum bloggers have three or at least two children.
Unless she decides to have another child and tries to turn into a mum blogger, she is going to carry on losing followers. And the clangers she drops don’t help her.

Reactions: 9
She's trash.
Also on her blog reveal post that you linked she has named her "fellow blogger pal" as Kristabelle but on her own blog she is Kristabel... did Lily not even manage to spell the name correctly of such a "good friend" of hers?
thank you for mentioning Kristabel, her content is fab, I recommend you all follow her @iamkristabel. I can see Lily does follow her though? How can you tell if that’s recent?

So she posted today about being privileged .... then goes on to tell us she’s taking a day off her phone to be more present with her child. I mean could she act any more privileged? She has a super flexible job, doesn’t use childcare as she and her husband can afford to work part time. She never has to miss anything in her child’s life. She chooses to be on her phone instead of being present. Imagine being a health care assistant working 40 hours a week On min wage with a young child reading what lily has posted... it’s just unreal. It must make so many women feel guilty for working. So unbelievably ignorant. I wish she’d delete her account.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
thank you for mentioning Kristabel, her content is fab, I recommend you all follow her @iamkristabel. I can see Lily does follow her though? How can you tell if that’s recent?
Ouch when I checked this afternoon it doesn’t show up, perhaps a glitch? I apologise for accusing her for that but still I don’t think their relationship run that deep to have borrowed a skin colour to boost your book sales #asshole

Back then, we do not have tattle but I find this to be bad taste. You guys perhaps have a better words for this...

When she wrote the flop word 3 years ago, she has kindly borrow a black blogger's hand for her book cover. I found it to be bad taste, you cannot just borrow someone because of her skin colour when you in fact have not established any sort of relationship. I cannot articulate this well enough, I almost felt like she had to borrow her because she wants to market it to the black women. Is bad taste, they are not your slave you can't just borrow and return as you like. Lily didnt' even follow her on insta, what kind of human does that?

Edit: I think she did follow but when i checked this afternoon the name doesn’t show up - I suspect insta glitch. Anyway still doesn’t change the fact that she is nasty

So she posted today about being privileged .... then goes on to tell us she’s taking a day off her phone to be more present with her child. I mean could she act any more privileged? She has a super flexible job, doesn’t use childcare as she and her husband can afford to work part time. She never has to miss anything in her child’s life. She chooses to be on her phone instead of being present. Imagine being a health care assistant working 40 hours a week On min wage with a young child reading what lily has posted... it’s just unreal. It must make so many women feel guilty for working. So unbelievably ignorant. I wish she’d delete her account.
Latest insta stories - is your fault for not emphasizing the AND. You ain’t English enough hun

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.