Lily Pebbles #41 Friendship toasted, style roasted, poobs too wobbly hasn’t posted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to be honest, my son will be nearly 4 months at Christmas and he is getting mostly yours I'd kept from my 3 year old when she was this going. I've bought a couple of small bits that I'd passed onto friends but I don't see the problem when they are this young. It is more sustainable and he honestly won't have a clue what is going on.
We have of course bought my daughter some presents, but this is the first year she really gets Christmas.
I think people calling this disgusting are overreacting quite a bit (although I'm sure lily isn't doing this to be sustainable!).
We aren't broke, and is say we're pretty comfortable all things considered, but I'm on maternity leave, my husband has recently started a new job on a training wage, and so things are tighter than usual. I've also asked family to wrap up some of my daughter's old presents (so she sees her brother getting a gift as well) but give some money to go in his ISA instead for this year, as we can't afford to put money aside for their savings right now. Of course if they'd prefer to buy a gift then that is lovely, but this feels like a more sensible option, and family have been fine with the suggestion.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Did anyone else interpret her “3000 swipes” not only as a humblebrag but also as a “duck you for selling it out now mine can’t be perfect”
I bet she contacted the seller and was told she could not have a replacement, so now she had to blame her viewers for buying them.

Reactions: 9
Can you imagine what kind of gifts people around Lily get from her when she approaches her kids this way? Bet she's one of those gems who throw tantrums when they don't get what they want and more while you frequently receive an expired box of chocolates. If they remember.

Reactions: 18
I think people calling this disgusting are overreacting quite a bit (although I'm sure lily isn't doing this to be sustainable!).
I agree with this, kids really don’t need much and are so unpredictable with what they will really like and play with a lot.

Reactions: 8
Nobody is saying she should spend a fortune, but this is poor from someone who can afford to spend a tenner.

Reactions: 23
I think she’s under estimating her daughter if she thinks she won’t remember toys that are being given to her brother, or books given to her already. She’s 3 not a baby.
Rather than being ‘sneaky’ she’s much better off having an open conversation with Grey asking her if she’d like to gift her baby toys to Rudy as she’s such a good big sister. The gift could say Love Grey and be super cute.
She risks Grey getting pretty upset if her old toys are just being taken and given to the prodigy son who Lily clearly favours without talking about it.
She really is not a natural mother.
It also annoys me that the same woman who frivolously gets new stuff for herself and the house on a bi-weekly basis is so stingy with her kids. She’s not doing this to be sustainable (Claire’s accessories?!) she’s just selfish.
What someone said about putting photo of her and grey in in a little frame would have been lovely. She must have a Polaroid camera / instaprinter rotting in a draw somewhere. She’s made a big hoha about this advert calendar but is putting no thought into it at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
she keeps saying that Grey won’t remember, just because you are bleeping stupid doesn’t mean your kid is too. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
I wonder as well if Lily being gifted so much free stuff all the time has somewhat desensitised her to the joys of giving and receiving thoughtful gifts, so she just doesn’t put that much thought into it.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
you absolutely don’t need to spend a lot on Christmas gifts or make it about excess and extravagance, and filling an advent calendar with special things from around your house that you know your kid will enjoy (my daughter loves random trinkets my husband kept from his childhood) is quite lovely…. but the image of lily swiftly swiping a lip balm from a party gift bag in a premeditated act for the sole purpose of regifting it to greige at her convenience just shows that greed, stinginess and cheapness are always at the forefront of her mind. it’s also so funny that someone who never takes the attitude of “use what you have to make do” and is constantly buying new things instead is suddenly adopting that mentality when it comes to her daughter at Xmas time.

Reactions: 37
I have to be honest, my son will be nearly 4 months at Christmas and he is getting mostly yours I'd kept from my 3 year old when she was this going. I've bought a couple of small bits that I'd passed onto friends but I don't see the problem when they are this young. It is more sustainable and he honestly won't have a clue what is going on.
We have of course bought my daughter some presents, but this is the first year she really gets Christmas.
We aren't broke, and is say we're pretty comfortable all things considered, but I'm on maternity leave, my husband has recently started a new job on a training wage, and so things are tighter than usual. I've also asked family to wrap up some of my daughter's old presents (so she sees her brother getting a gift as well) but give some money to go in his ISA instead for this year, as we can't afford to put money aside for their savings right now. Of course if they'd prefer to buy a gift then that is lovely, but this feels like a more sensible option, and family have been fine with the suggestion.
Absolutely with you. The only gift my second will get this year is what we get together with the big sibling. Mostly to teach them that getting gifts for others is nice too. And I think it’s fine only to put the little sweets that just pile up over the year into an Adventcalendar. There really is no need for additional stuff. Picking out her daughters favourite sweets might be a problem for Lily though. I am shocked about the book stuff. Of course she will remember. Children at 3-6 have incredible memory. They often can recite their favourite books and correct you if you dare to leave things out, beat you at memory games and in general remember lots of stuff you’d think they have long forgotten. And why pass up on the opportunity to get them new books?
That said- we also will only get exactly one present for the older sibling from us and sibling. But that’s because we celebrate with family so there will be more presents anyway. It’s also ok to be bad at choosing gifts. But that’s nothing to brag about. I am bad at it and always blown away when people seemingly effortless come up with great things (doesn’t have to be expensive or big at all). I think it might be due to be too self centred. Anyway, I admire people that are great at it and think it’s a flaw that shouldn’t be celebrated. It’s not bad either but definitely not something to be proud of or think it’s endearing.
Damn it Lily. Fake it till you make it. There is nothing cool, funny or London about seemingly being a thoughtless and distant mother.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The problem with Lily not getting Rudy any proper gifts for Christmas is that over the years she’s gotten Grey plenty of higher ticket items / nice Christmas gifts. In 2020 she got her an ikea kitchen (even though if I remember correctly grey already had a kitchen before that).

She’s playing into the stereotype that parents aren’t as ‘bothered’ about their second child and it’s unfair to Rudy to only be given Greys old toys and not things of his own. If you ask many younger siblings who are now grown up you’ll find many of them say that as a kid they always just got hand me downs and that they hated it.

he’s not a new born baby like he was last year, plenty of one year olds have things they enjoy and I’m sure there’s toys which Rudy would like that they don’t own if lily just put a bit of thought into it.

Reactions: 6
she keeps saying that Grey won’t remember, just because you are bleeping stupid doesn’t mean your kid is too. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
It will probably be something the poor child takes to therapy in the future: her first memory is realising her mum couldn’t be bothered with her.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Do we think that she put the tree up early cos she knew she could get some festive content for this event she’s going to tonight? If that is the case that’s really bleeping sad… and was obviously nothing to do with having a magical Christmas with her kids and letting the ‘no tree before my birthday’ rule go for them 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 24
100% this is why she put the tree up early. She’s so full of tit!

Do we think that she put the tree up early cos she knew she could get some festive content for this event she’s going to tonight? If that is the case that’s really bleeping sad… and was obviously nothing to do with having a magical Christmas with her kids and letting the ‘no tree before my birthday’ rule go for them 🙄

Reactions: 16
The problem with Lily not getting Rudy any proper gifts for Christmas is that over the years she’s gotten Grey plenty of higher ticket items / nice Christmas gifts. In 2020 she got her an ikea kitchen (even though if I remember correctly grey already had a kitchen before that).

She’s playing into the stereotype that parents aren’t as ‘bothered’ about their second child and it’s unfair to Rudy to only be given Greys old toys and not things of his own. If you ask many younger siblings who are now grown up you’ll find many of them say that as a kid they always just got hand me downs and that they hated it.

he’s not a new born baby like he was last year, plenty of one year olds have things they enjoy and I’m sure there’s toys which Rudy would like that they don’t own if lily just put a bit of thought into it.
I just think about how this is all just publicly out there. Not just Lily’s obvious favoring of Rudy, but now this “only hand me downs” Christmas. At least normal kids grow up and go to therapy, but only have their memories or feelings to rely on during recounting. Rudy and Grey’s potential traumas are all here on display forever and ever. They can be reminded of how their mother was stingy and dumb enough to think she’s outsmarting her own kids at Christmas 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I have sung to both of my children every single day since they were born, I can't imagine not doing it, it's the most natural thing to do! She's a very strange woman.
I lost my mum to cancer when I was a child. Unfortunately now that I’m in my late thirties I don’t have many memories. The memories I do have are my mum singing to me. So don’t you ever stop 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I think the majority of people here are turned off by Lily because she chose to do an advent calendar herself and then filled it with very uninspiring items.

It's perfectly fine to not be good at giftsand not want to spend time or money on them- the weird part is buying one where you are required to put effort in when you clearly do not want to.

She should have just ordered an age appropriate one for Grey and called it a day.

She could also easily sign up for a subscription toy service. I've seen @thefemmehead talk about one- you can choose a company that uses all wood or all natural materials, but the main goal is that they are based around what kids that age are learning at the time. They come every three months and then you switch out, save, or donate the ones you won't be wanting anymore, for instance, you are done having babies.

The odd thing about Lily is that she should be aware that she's bad at giving gifts by now.
It's 2022. It's easy to spend a tiny bit of money to save your time and tought for other things.

Lily loves to choose weird ways of behaving that give her a chance to struggle and/or complain. She gets in her own way.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.