Lily Pebbles #41 Friendship toasted, style roasted, poobs too wobbly hasn’t posted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the majority of people here are turned off by Lily because she chose to do an advent calendar herself and then filled it with very uninspiring items.

It's perfectly fine to not be good at giftsand not want to spend time or money on them- the weird part is buying one where you are required to put effort in when you clearly do not want to.

She should have just ordered an age appropriate one for Grey and called it a day.
Exactly that.
Why buy/accept an advent calendar you have to fill yourself when you're clearly not interested in doing so?
If she had got Grey a normal chocolate one, nobody would have said a thing, now she looks like a massive cheapskate, who begrudges having to buy anything for her daughter's calendar, so she's trying to fill it with stuff the poor kid already owned in the first place, but may have forgotten about.
It's just such a weird-but-so-Lily thing to do.

I hope Grey calls her out when she does remember those toys, or the fake tattoos.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Exactly that.
Why buy/accept an advent calendar you have to fill yourself when you're clearly not interested in doing so?
If she had got Grey a normal chocolate one, nobody would have said a thing, now she looks like a massive cheapskate, who begrudges having to buy anything for her daughter's calendar, so she's trying to fill it with stuff the poor kid already owned in the first place, but may have forgotten about.
It's just such a weird-but-so-Lily thing to do.

I hope Grey calls her out when she does remember those toys, or the fake tattoos.
I hope she calls her out, too! The thing about memory, in general, is that it’s rather selective. So just because there are things that Lily has noticed Grey doesn’t remember doesn’t mean she’s not going to remember these particular items! And then there’s regifting Grey’s toys to Rudy?! There’s nothing wrong with passing toys down, but at Christmas? I don’t get it! I know if she were to get them tons of toys and affiliate link them she’d get backlash, too. The thing is, just be normal for once and buy them a normal present!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
We need to be realistic, Lily still thinks her content is revolting and she doesn't follow trends, lmao.
I think you might mean revolutionary? Not sure Lily has caught up with the true nature of her content

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I hope she calls her out, too! The thing about memory, in general, is that it’s rather selective. So just because there are things that Lily has noticed Grey doesn’t remember doesn’t mean she’s not going to remember these particular items! And then there’s regifting Grey’s toys to Rudy?! There’s nothing wrong with passing toys down, but at Christmas? I don’t get it! I know if she were to get them tons of toys and affiliate link them she’d get backlash, too. The thing is, just be normal for once and buy them a normal present!
I don't think there would be anything wrong with a family who were struggling financially doing what lily is doing or even a family who just want to save money or who are genuinely into being sustainable. Even then, most people would try to get Rudy his own Christmas present - he only needs something small. It's the huge contrast between the way she treats herself and the way she's treating her daughter that is so wrong.

Reactions: 26
Ohhh no no no, I haven't even thought about the aspect that... If Grey remembers and gets what her mom is doing... And if not this year, then certainly next year... There is huge potential, that Grey realizes Santa doesn't exist (if she thinks he does right now). And if Santa exists, he is a creepy thief roaming around in their attic storage, where she has her little cavern 🥴 😅😅😅

I just hope Grey is good at sharing, and Rudy even stands a chance of developing some kind of magical christmas feeling

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Everyday is Santa day for Lily, when she begs and companies send her PR gifted goods

Reactions: 17
I don't think this will mean Grey figures out Santa doesn't exist, different families have different stories with this, e.g. we tell my daughter where most of her presents are from (better for her to be able to thank her grandparents for particular presents etc.) but then we have a couple of presents that we buy that we say are "from Father Christmas".

Reactions: 1
Regarding her advent calendar, they can write letter to Santa. Not everything has to be about consumption or buying.

Reactions: 6
Of course it’s fine to pass on toys to a younger sibling. But then you should involve the older child as in “let’s find something to give to your brother from the things you don’t play with so often!” That way they learn to let go of unused things and will feel pleased when the younger one likes the things, whereas Grey will just feel passed over.

And yes, Lily’s “Boden model on acid” reel was cringe. Elsa, my arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
They were giving sad beige vibes and I messaged her this 😆

Dear Lily: a stocking is a sock, not a bag. Those bags suck and are completely non-festive. This is what the goal is, you can do the stitching yourself if you want (my grandma made one for me, I made one for my mom a couple of years ago so that we can fill stockings for one another for Christmas.)

C39FFE60-6EF5-47BA-8063-31735D57D71D.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She really counts on Grey having forgotten her toys and if she happens to remember, Lily will probably lie (or she won't know what to do because nobody told her that her kid might remember toys she played with). What a dumb gamble. One she could avoid if she had asked Grey to pick them out together.
She truly only spends money on herself (PT, tennis) and for everyone else, it either has to be from her gifted stash, or nothing. The advent calendar and the stocking are so sad-looking. She justifies her laziness by saying her kids are too young, but if you don't put in the effort when they're small, when will you? My sister's son turns one in December and she made him an advent calendar with little books he can look at/she can read to him and she's already prepared things for his birthday, because she says that even if he won't remember, she wants him to have a fab day. But for Lily, If it's not about her, she really doesnt care.

And I agree with what was said upthread about her still being in the baby role she had in her own family growing up. A role she kept well into her twenties and that she mourned after she finally moved out of her parents' house with Rich. She has no idea how to care for someone else and take their needs and feelings into consideration. That includes Rich and her children. All influencers are the same after all, raging narcissists all of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
She really counts on Grey having forgotten her toys and if she happens to remember, Lily will probably lie (or she won't know what to do because nobody told her that her kid might remember toys she played with). What a dumb gamble. One she could avoid if she had asked Grey to pick them out together.
She truly only spends money on herself (PT, tennis) and for everyone else, it either has to be from her gifted stash, or nothing. The advent calendar and the stocking are so sad-looking. She justifies her laziness by saying her kids are too young, but if you don't put in the effort when they're small, when will you? My sister's son turns one in December and she made him an advent calendar with little books he can look at/she can read to him and she's already prepared things for his birthday, because she says that even if he won't remember, she wants him to have a fab day. But for Lily, If it's not about her, she really doesnt care.

And I agree with what was said upthread about her still being in the baby role she had in her own family growing up. A role she kept well into her twenties and that she mourned after she finally moved out of her parents' house with Rich. She has no idea how to care for someone else and take their needs and feelings into consideration. That includes Rich and her children. All influencers are the same after all, raging narcissists all of them.

Which begs the question, why get married and have kids if what you really want is just everything to be for you? The entire point of a partner and a family are to have people to share with and care for. Yes, they care for you in return- but if you're always selfish, eventually, you're not going to get that care back anymore.

Reactions: 8
Which begs the question, why get married and have kids if what you really want is just everything to be for you? The entire point of a partner and a family are to have people to share with and care for. Yes, they care for you in return- but if you're always selfish, eventually, you're not going to get that care back anymore.
Because getting married and having kids is just what you do in your late 20s early 30s. Lily has never had an original thought in in her life, why would she buck the trend and not settle down

Reactions: 24
She thought she had to tick off some sort of traditional life bucket list (while claiming to not be traditional). She doesnt understand how there are people out there who don't want those things.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.