Lily Pebbles #3 It’s a hard knock life for me, I just want stuff for free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Lily follows the herd, has no clear opinions of her own and is indecisive because she lacks confidence and needs validation from others. She did some vlogs with one of her friends ages ago about clothes shopping & said she likes to take a friend because she isn’t cool & doubts her own judgement. Must be hard working in an industry that values taste, style & flair if you have none. She’s never found a unique voice or point of view like Anna, Estee, Fleur et al. She just fumbles around trying to emulate what others do - often quite badly. I feel a bit sorry for her.
Agreed, when I watch her vlogs and stories her life seems a bit....pitiful. No passions, hobbies or personal thoughts. Mostly moaning and stating the obvious. Almost robotic.
If she has censored herself so much to stop controversy or backlash then it's not doing her "career" 🙄 any favours. If she does all these exciting things off camera and chooses not to show just some of it then I thinks she's doomed as a blogger/influencer/vlogger.

It does seem ironic that someone who shows no creativity in any way, shape or form has chosen to work in a creative field. A content creator with no taste, style or flair is just a boring sales person, which is more inline with her degree in marketing/advertising and assumed choice of career.

Reactions: 7
Can’t believe she called herself one of the originals. Even if she was, don’t say it! God she must think her tit don’t stink.

Reactions: 11
IMG_20200110_103315.jpg

What exactly does she mean by this bit????
Is she seriously arrogant enough to announce she had no luck in getting to where she is? Or is it an unfortunate typo?

This compounds her ignorance to her privilege. She must think she founded, excelled and conquered the social media sales industry by her astounding skill, talent and hard work 😂😂😂

Come on!! Just the idea of being gifted £1000s worth of stuff is lucky in itself, she can't profess it's hard work or skilled to be sent stuff for free.

I genuinely feel lucky when I find a chocolate bar in my bag that I had forgot about. And it was mine all along. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I have started to think that she conceived a baby because it will help her content also something that she has to do

Reactions: 5
View attachment 70783

"I wrote this huge long caption"

Yeah right. New levels of lazy - pretending you wrote something in depth and profound and then deleted it because it was "too deep".
Give me a break you waster.
Exactly, if it really was that it was too deep for Friday morning she would have uploaded the longer version as a blog post. Lily lying again...

I have started to think that she conceived a baby because it will help her content also something that she has to do
I think she thought the baby would become the purpose she was lacking in her life. Sadly not the first woman to go down that road. Tough lesson to learn I guess.

I think Lily follows the herd, has no clear opinions of her own and is indecisive because she lacks confidence and needs validation from others. She did some vlogs with one of her friends ages ago about clothes shopping & said she likes to take a friend because she isn’t cool & doubts her own judgement. Must be hard working in an industry that values taste, style & flair if you have none. She’s never found a unique voice or point of view like Anna, Estee, Fleur et al. She just fumbles around trying to emulate what others do - often quite badly. I feel a bit sorry for her.
Agree with all this but for the last point. When I think of all her opportunities, her platform, her income, and what she could have done with it... I don’t feel sorry for her at all.

Reactions: 8
I’m just taking a moment this Friday morning to say a prayer of thanks for Lily and her passion, dedication and 10 year journey. Without her self less hard work we wouldn’t have this industry of influencers we are now blessed with. And she was the ORIGINAL forefounding father. Without her I wouldn’t know what it looked like to view an incredibly privileged person opening and receiving vast amounts of free stuff. Thank you Lily 🤪
Hahahahaha this made me snort
She's making it sound like she and her trailblazing OGs started the Civil Rights movement or something
We are eternally grateful for your years of hard "work" 🙏🙏🙏

Reactions: 10
It seems as though she is longing for what she sees as a better time. I think it's probably more that shes just fondly looking back on her twenties when she was enjoying times with her friends as a privileged person living in a vibrant city because that's what I used to enjoy about her content.

Now she's older and has more responsibilities she doesn't come across as embracing what she has.

If she really has become disengaged from what the industry has become she could either pave her way to change it as she sees fit or leave it. Not mope about it and keep churning out the repetative content for a quick buck or freebie.

She's "so pasionate about the good old blogging days" yet hasn't updated her blog or engaged much in a long time.

Reactions: 9
Her privilege (disposal income, living in London, living at home, exclusive beauty products purchased on trips abroad paid by parents etc) set her apart in the early days. She coasted while her peers were working hard to hone their craft and better themselves. Now that the playing field is more level in terms of privilege (eg brands paying for the fancy trips, not parents) she doesn’t have a discernible edge.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think she hates that the market is so saturated and you can be a nobody go on love island then get quadruple the followers she has built up over 10 years. I think she wants to keep reminding us that she is relevant because she was there in the beginning but if you don’t innovate or at least come across as grateful why would new people follow her when others are doing it so much better?!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
In addition I think she was accustomed to being envied by her peers from a young age due to her privilege.

As an adult she started to become envious of her peers, of what they were achieving through talent and hard work. She didn’t have the skills to cope with the envy and made up for it by chasing more ‘stuff’ and money. But she hasn’t yet realised yet it’s a black hole.

Reactions: 8
Her post was as deep as a puddle! She is so lost- the idea she gives balanced reviews is hilarious, she doesn’t even review, just links to things she’s been given. The irony of using the PR trip or PR product phrasing- public relations is definitely something Lily is not good at!

Reactions: 9
Is it me, or is it only the Isle of Paradise bottle that’s in focus there? Seems... deliberate.

Reactions: 2
This is so revealing. Several hundred pounds worth of skincare products and I have never seen her do a review of any of it.
It’s insane how much she has. I love beauty products but how in the hell could she ever use all of that? Shows how much she gets gifted!

Reactions: 2
Her celebration post points to bygone times when her content was only half decent. She was never really one of the best and I always felt like she kind of hung off the coat tails of the other girls. She still as dull after all these years, if not duller. There were so many other bloggers are are so much more memorable than she is. Shame she thinks she was really doing something...

Reactions: 6
'No luck'? Influencers love to have it all ways - like Tanya Burr getting the offer of that play, Lily getting her book deal was only because of the YT fame. They say at the time 'Oh no it was nothing to do with that' but when it goes tits up and they are slated they both blamed it on people being biased against from the start due to YT.

Reactions: 7
She needs to give the cupboard a good clean, look at the toothbrush. Also how is her skin tit lol, I am assuming she gets her beauty sleep everyday so what is the excuse

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.