Lily Pebbles #25 idk the pandemic was weird, Rich, come pluck my beard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We have a girl called Harbour 🤷🏻‍♀️ Also a Harper which is no doubt after Harper Beckham. 🤢
Harbour!! bleeping hell, brother named Pier by any chance?
I'm a former teacher - had a girl named Celtic (yes, after the football team. Yes, named by her Dad. No, she didn't seem to mind even though she got her share of ribbing for it - character building maybe?)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
If I were Grey I would go by my middle name - Luna might be a bit trendy but it’s a pretty name at least.

Reactions: 18
I’m still so shocked she called her daughter Grey…I’m not an English native and just can’t imagine actually naming my child the word for the colour grey in my language. Why did she think this was a good idea? I know in some languages this is a thing like in Spanish the words for white and blue (Blanca and Azul) are also girl’s names and they are beautiful, but this is totally not common in English (especially because Grey is not even a nice word!!!) so I really wonder what Lily was thinking…

I’m still so shocked she called her daughter Grey…I’m not an English native and just can’t imagine actually naming my child the word for the colour grey in my language. Why did she think this was a good idea? I know in some languages this is a thing like in Spanish the words for white and blue (Blanca and Azul) are also girl’s names and they are beautiful, but this is totally not common in English (especially because Grey is not even a nice word!!!) so I really wonder what Lily was thinking…
It’s often used to describe a dull, horrible day or if someone looks a bit off colour you might say “he/she looks a tad grey”. As I said earlier, each to their own but I’d never choose it.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
We have a girl called Harbour 🤷🏻‍♀️ Also a Harper which is no doubt after Harper Beckham. 🤢
Btw did you know that Harper Beckham's middle name is Seven?
Here is an idea for you Lily, for your second baby's middle name. So many to choose from. But make it meaningful. Maybe Zero, because, you have, like, so zero creativity. But spelled with an X, to make it cool.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
There are some colours names used in the UK - e.g. Scarlett, Amber and Violet (although Amber and Violet are also gemstone and flower names respectively). There are also other gemstone names associated with a colour used like Ruby and Jade.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
There are some colours names used in the UK - e.g. Scarlett, Amber and Violet (although Amber and Violet are also gemstone and flower names respectively). There are also other gemstone names associated with a colour used like Ruby and Jade.
Emily Blunt and John Krasinky's girls are called Violet and Hazel and I think it's adorable.

Reactions: 15
There’s a really cute mom and kid duo on IG - @greyandmama. Adorable little kid with the cutest laugh. You can also tell that the family is really down to earth and even their sponsored content is creative. And I think they pay for their own vacays 🤣
There’s also Katherine Ormerod (mamalovesgrey is her mum page on insta) and Hannah Michalak who both have boys called grey/gray (Hannah michalaks is called Grayson and it’s shortened though). I think it was a trending name in instaland.
I’d try never to choose a trending name as they date so fast.

Reactions: 10
Yet she picked Grey.
It might be because I am not British but I am still very very confused about it. Why would you name a girl " Grey". It has a negative, sad connotation.
Whats wrong with a " normalish" name?

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Yet she picked Grey.
It might be because I am not British but I am still very very confused about it. Why would you name a girl " Grey". It has a negative, sad connotation.
Whats wrong with a " normalish" name?
And she keeps talking about 'work day ' and 'Grey day' which makes it sound like the sun only shines when poor Lily has to work ;)

• Haha
Lila is not unheard of either. Or even Ebony, and Sienna.

I think maybe they liked Grey, as in nuanced, and that things are not black and white. But it’s just a very sad colour. But they clearly deliberately chose an unusual name.

Reactions: 4
Lol 2 years later and we are still talking about that poor girl’s name. I just don’t understand why Rich didn’t veto it, he made that baby too unless his balls was already chopped. It seems to me that in that household Lily is the one that made decision, Rich is that executes.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Lila is not unheard of either. Or even Ebony, and Sienna.

I think maybe they liked Grey, as in nuanced, and that things are not black and white. But it’s just a very sad colour. But they clearly deliberately chose an unusual name.
But the thing is it's not even unusual. Its actually a micro trend name. I love unique names, especially if it represents your culture or heritage but grey is neither unique nor pretty. I just don't get it

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Lol 2 years later and we are still talking about that poor girl’s name. I just don’t understand why Rich didn’t veto it, he made that baby too unless his balls was already chopped. It seems to me that in that household Lily is the one that made decision, Rich is that executes.
Considering the names Rich did have to veto (Panda & Bear, no I'm not joking!) maybe he thought Grey wasn't so bad. Also, I can imagine Lily insisted on having her way and didn't let him have any further say after refusing to let his kid be named Panda Bear.

I think Grey is a terrible name for a girl. I think Lily regrets it too since she mostly can't bring herself to call her daughter by her actual name.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Boring vlog, those poor children have such a drab and depressing room.

Interesting she obviously removes the cot bumper when showing the room but has obviously forgotten to do so when the cot is in the office
Screenshot_20210711-080148_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20210711-080051_YouTube.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.