Lily Pebbles #25 idk the pandemic was weird, Rich, come pluck my beard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It would make so much more sense for Lily to use Grey's name here, but no, she just can't bring herself to do it. Why does she do this?! Maybe she just hates the name now.

View attachment 654885
She 100% regrets the name choice. Lily is queen of rash decisions that she then regrets - look at her house! She doesn’t like her daughters name, it’s too late to change it, so uses it as little as possible.

Lily???

• Haha
Reactions: 18
New story - new name evasion. Grey is now "someone" who doesn't want to nap meaning Lily will have a hands on day with her. (She just keeps on mentioning her daughter in negative terms!)
I'm feeling proud of Grey for refusing to nap on her Lily days!
If I was Grey, I'd have a lovely long nap on my 'moany mum days' just to get shot of her for a few hours!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Just listening to the podcast now and the comments she relays from Keisha about living in Jamaica made me quite uncomfortable… talking about how it runs on ‘Island time’ and it’s a struggle to get things done, for me it plays into rhetoric about people of Caribbean heritage being lazy and I don’t think as outsiders it’s Lily or Keisha’s place to trot out those tropes.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
She definitely suffers from name regret, or she would USE Grey’s name. It’s not like she’s hiding her daughter’s name, given that stories only last for 24 hours, and Grey’s name is already known by the followers.

If she had an ounce of intelligence, she’d bite the bullet, rename her “Grace” (which is close enough) whilst she is still tiny, and is a far more appropriate name for a darling little girl.

Reactions: 21
Quite right and as parents you just adapt to their changes and development.
That’s exactly Lily’s problem. She never had to adapt or put someone else’s needs first. She’s been self-employed for majority of her life, never lived in shared or rented accommodation, and I have the impression her family spoiled her as the youngest of three to somewhat unhealthy level, as she likes to remind us.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
That’s exactly Lily’s problem. She never had to adapt or put someone else’s needs first. She’s been self-employed for majority of her life, never lived in shared or rented accommodation, and I have the impression her family spoiled her as the youngest of three to somewhat unhealthy level, as she likes to remind us.
And it’s done her no favours at all. Quite the opposite 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
If she had an ounce of intelligence, she’d bite the bullet, rename her “Grace” (which is close enough) whilst she is still tiny, and is a far more appropriate name for a darling little girl.
Did anyone see that tik tok series where a mom in America was sharing that she was changing her daughters name because her like 7 year old asked her to! I believe she’d called her Charlie and the little girl said she wanted to be Charlotte instead.

I kind of hope grey does something like that when she’s older & lily actually listens!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Are they good though? The ones I had in Amsterdam were divine I don't want to sully the memory!
They are decent enough. Not as good as freshly cooked, with a bit of butter and lots of caster sugar, of course....

Reactions: 2
@SachaStark Grace/Gracie would be so cute for her, she would really suit it
When she is older everyone is going to think Grey is a just a gender neutral nick name for Grace anyway. On paper it looks like a boys name. Not saying that's bad, but I would want that myself.

Reactions: 10
When she is older everyone is going to think Grey is a just a gender neutral nick name for Grace anyway. On paper it looks like a boys name. Not saying that's bad, but I would want that myself.
I agree. It’s a very masculine name. I like some boys names for girls like Bobbie or Jamie but Grey is dull and harsh. Each to their own though 😬

Reactions: 7
There’s a really cute mom and kid duo on IG - @greyandmama. Adorable little kid with the cutest laugh. You can also tell that the family is really down to earth and even their sponsored content is creative. And I think they pay for their own vacays 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 4
The she/her doesn’t bother me at all, I would actually find constantly mentioning the name more unnatural, especially when you’re talking to people who know who you’re talking about.

That said, I do think she regrets the name a little bit.

Reactions: 3
I think the absolute worst name is Honey, like why the duck? Name your kids a stripper name

• Haha
Reactions: 24
As a teacher, it creeps me the heck out when I have a student named “Honey”.

I should never feel that kind of squicky-over-familiar feeling when I’m handing essays back.

Name your kids proper names, thank yewww.

Reactions: 22

I should never feel that kind of squicky-over-familiar feeling when I’m handing essays back.

I hope she has a middle name she can go by

Reactions: 1

We have a girl called Harbour 🤷🏻‍♀️ Also a Harper which is no doubt after Harper Beckham. 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.